Songkran carnage: Drunk driver detained after death of man in Ratchaburi - wife critical

webfact

Songkran carnage: Drunk driver detained after death of man in Ratchaburi - wife critical

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

One man died and his wife is in a critical condition after a pick-up driven by a drunk driver slammed into a motorcycle with sidecar on the way back from a market in Ratchaburi on Sunday. 

Ratchaburi police found a Revo pick-up in the ditch by the side of the Sai Huay Phai to Nam Phu Road. 

Sitting and waiting for the cops by his vehicle was Manit Rongsaeng, 56, who was completely drunk and incoherent. He had a 256 mg. alcohol level, reported Daily News.  

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Near a completely destroyed Honda Wave with sidecar was the dead body of 59 year old Somthat Wetsutthiphan who had a broken neck and broken arms and legs.

His wife Somsri Khamja, 52, survived with grievous injuries and was taken to hospital. 

There was a broken lamppost toppled over at the scene - and a large crowd of onlookers. 

Police understand that the married couple were on their way back from the market with produce to sell in a shop. 

They were hit from behind by the drunk driver and propelled into the lamppost. 

Manit was charged with drink driving and negligence causing death and detained. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-15

About time to start setting an example, by publicly prosecuting these murderers and treating loss of human life seriously, rather than taking a bribe and setting them free same day. Yeah I know blah blah blah, but social media now makes this stuff go viral so readily they can't keep denying some kind of actual justice without losing more face. 

It wasn't premeditated murder but the new law out for the death sentence for killing someone whilst drink driving is a bit ott but I can feel for the relatives of the victim,they should give the death sentence to paedophiles & rapists & terrorists,not just in thailand but worldwide,seeing as Brunei is gonna stone gays & adulterers to death,shouldn't their citizens that visit thailand for that sort of stuff should be depoxied saying why,we have all seen musxxxs doing anti Islamic stuff in thailand

I don't condone drinking and driving at all; the drunken scumbag deserves more than he'll probably get.  However, these salengs on the road are a pain in the backside.  I've nearly rear-ended one on several occasions, through no fault of my own.  They're illegal, and yet, the road is plagued with them.  Condolences to the wife, who will shortly find-out she doesn't have a husband anymore.  RiP to the poor guy who died as a result of illegal vehicles being allowed on the roads; TiT.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Manit was charged with drink driving and negligence causing death and detained. 

Getting behind the wheel of a vehicle & killing someone should be mandatory premeditated murder... 

nothing less.... this DUI culture has to be stopped !

Yesterday i was driving I stopped at a red light. 3 cars were doing u turn but the light was red Instead of waiting they went straight through the red light. Unbelievable Then i drove a bit further I saw one of those stupid tents the one with red lights in front of it full of cops talking on their phone doing nothing This really has got to be a sick joke What the hell are these tents suppose to do?

2 hours ago, ubon farang said:

Then i drove a bit further I saw one of those stupid tents the one with red lights in front of it full of cops talking on their phone doing nothing This really has got to be a sick joke What the hell are these tents suppose to do?

I guess they were waiting for the top dog. They're are not allowed to fine people without someone in charge present.

Yesterday i was driving I stopped at a red light. 3 cars were doing u turn but the light was red Instead of waiting they went straight through the red light. Unbelievable Then i drove a bit further I saw one of those stupid tents the one with red lights in front of it full of cops talking on their phone doing nothing This really has got to be a sick joke What the hell are these tents suppose to do?

Keeps them out the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The increasing greatest danger comes from the rear no matter how good you are at driving looking forward there is little you can do to mitigate the risk of the out of control warp speed drunken nut case behind you.

My advice is don't shave the hairs on the back of your neck they can preform a life saving function ????

Archived