Drunk British tourists forced by Cambodian police to promise not to cause trouble

geovalin

This is the humiliating moment two British tourists were arrested and forced to sign grovelling apology letters after walking into an embassy and later passing out drunk in a police station.

James Donaghue, 40, and Josh Little, 27, were ‘disturbing the peace’ in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, at 5am on Wednesday.

They were arrested after the older man, Mr Donaghue, stumbled into the Turkish Embassy while Josh waited outside. Officers arrested the pair and they were pictured passed out on the tiled floor of a police interview room.

read more http://en.brinkwire.com/news/drunk-british-tourists-forced-by-cambodian-police-to-promise-not-to-cause-trouble/

Dey wash jush lukkin for dere besh matesh an a kebab like.

All dem Terksh know ow ter make a kebab eh? Eh?

I says f***in EH? Wha you lukkin at? ????

I am English by the way. This is how it goes.

6 hours ago, Proboscis said:

In the UK and in some other parts of Europe, this sort of drunken behaviour is not considered shameful any more.

In the UK being that drunk and disorderly will likely get you arrested and an appearance before magistrates.

I doubt many UK police forces or officers would be as accommodating as the Cambodians seemed to be,

Is that why they do it more in other countries?

- Like in Bulgaria, puking in the street and falling off hotel balconies.    ...I'm pretty sure it's well-known in those beach resort places in Spain too.

7 hours ago, Proboscis said:

In the UK and in some other parts of Europe, this sort of drunken behaviour is not considered shameful any more.

I understand.  But unfortunately, the rest of the world is not on the same page.  Wish it were.

6 hours ago, Traubert said:

Dey wash jush lukkin for dere besh matesh an a kebab like.

All dem Terksh know ow ter make a kebab eh? Eh?

I says f***in EH? Wha you lukkin at? ????

I am English by the way. This is how it goes.

Okay. Thanks for the explanation. Every word clearly understood.

(clear as mud)

14 hours ago, Cat ji said:

Is that why they do it more in other countries?

- Like in Bulgaria, puking in the street and falling off hotel balconies.    ...I'm pretty sure it's well-known in those beach resort places in Spain too.

and in Thailand as well!

16 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

It is not a wright but a privilege to get a passport.

It's not right when you write wright, it's wrong.  Some consider getting a passport a "rite of passage"  :unsure: sorry..........

Archived