Pattaya party poopers! Cops call a halt to Beach Road Songkran fun at 8pm

webfact

Pattaya party poopers! Cops call a halt to Beach Road Songkran fun at 8pm

8pm.jpg

Picture: ≈

The Pattaya News reported that the local cops called a halt to Songkran celebrations in an area of Beach Road at 8pm last night. 

The early closing of the water wars followed violence near the police station on Saturday. 

A video showed the cops coming out at 7.30 pm Sunday to stop the fun - as they said they would. 

It was the area of Beach Road encompassing Sois 7 and 8. 

Twenty bikes were seized believed to belong to illegal street racers. 

The police said there was compliance with their orders to stop. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-15

What's with leaving the sirens on the Plod vehicles to carry on wailing .. You wouldn't be able to hear a bloody word they were saying if they were asking you to go .. 

And violence flared up .. Any surprise .? It goes too far when you can't go out to shop , eat or enjoy yourself without fearing of getting water chucked or sprayed over you .. And it goes on too long a couple of days are more than enough .. 

15 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

Whatever happened to the sun goes down, the madness stops, people wonder why I hate Songkran so much.

I used to think it was FUN before I had experienced it...now fir the first time I see it, can't stand it! Toilet water jetted into your face hundreds of times then inhaling cancer causing talcum powder.  Now we're describing water boarding.

Just now, Kim J said:

Doesn't this latest display really want to make you bring your wife and kids to South East Asia's premier family resort? Why would any decent family not want to come and join in the fun?

I have friends with kids who come especially this time of year because it is so fun. They love it.

It's quite reasonable that the water fights stop around sundown or not long after. The police were not stopping people from partying, just stopping the water wars. People could still enjoy the evening...

9 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I trust they enjoyed Saturdays violence? Did they get to join in? Or maybe they were busy racing their modified put put? Those Police sirens really enhance the relaxed fun vibe don't you think?

I think you must have never experienced songkran. I have probably done more than thirty days in Pattaya, Samui, Phuket, BKK, Issan and the north. 

I have never experienced any violence. Just a few squirrel grips. 

You should get out and give it a chance. A lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

What's with leaving the sirens on the Plod vehicles to carry on wailing .. You wouldn't be able to hear a bloody word they were saying if they were asking you to go .. 

And violence flared up .. Any surprise .? It goes too far when you can't go out to shop , eat or enjoy yourself without fearing of getting water chucked or sprayed over you .. And it goes on too long a couple of days are more than enough .. 

This used to be the rule in Pattaya many moons ago, all water throwing stopped at 18:00hrs so other businesses could make money; no-one want to go out for a meal and be soaked before getting there, bring back the time limit and I agree two days is long enough to be wasting water...!!

56 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I think you must have never experienced songkran. I have probably done more than thirty days in Pattaya, Samui, Phuket, BKK, Issan and the north. 

You should get out and give it a chance. A lot of fun.

So you to drunk to see anything I have been here for 15 years and I can tell you, you are very wrong this "fun" are not for children 

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

You people must really struggle when it rains. I can’t understand people hating it. Just a bit of fun with water in a hot country during summer.

Easy to avoid. Just put your windows up.

If you are serious, suggest you reduce alcohol intake and view reality.

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

You people must really struggle when it rains. I can’t understand people hating it. Just a bit of fun with water in a hot country during summer.

Some people have one foot in the nursing home. Just let them be. 

Thats what the young people want to do, party all night and have water fights. If you don¨t like it , stay home or relocate. 

I stay home and enjoy watching TV. 

Like most rave-ups. As you get older they become less attractive. When I first came to the LOS many years ago Songkran was an experience and I'm glad I didn't miss it. Now it's become something my Thai wife and I avoid like the plague. Shops shut. Traffic halted for hours and a very good chance of getting soaked whether you want to or not. This year we fled Sattahip to a suburb of Bangkok and it couldn't have been quieter. The nieces and nephews arrived to do the water pouring thing as they do every year and I'm happy. But then I'm 85!!????

5 hours ago, Kim J said:

The road accident statistics alone would tell any sane person to exclude it from their travel plans.

That is an exaggeration. Thousands of sane people like songkran.

Actually the vast, silent majority love it.

5 hours ago, Kim J said:

Here in Pattaya quite simply the 'fun' goes on for far too long, and also has been hijacked by the idiot element.

I dare say on Friday I will be out and about with Mrs Kim and my daughter for a few hours, and we will indeed have a good time

There ya go.

songran in Pattaya is a lot more than just beach road.

5 hours ago, Kim J said:

Maybe you think I am being negative about Pattaya's Songkran festivities, and if that is the case you should also hear the opinions of Mrs Kim and our 11 year old daughter, they make my rantings pale into insignificance.

No thanks. I will be ok.

i like, my friends like it and so do their kids. 

Happy New Year

12 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Yeah, sure, I'll put my windows up on my baht bus. Why didn't I think of that before?!?????

16 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I would but the electric window switch on my scoopy 110cc motocyc is broken, any other dumb ideas.

yes, i was just about to create a topic on this shit.

i was attacked today 6.30 am on my bike on 3rd rd,

i thought it was going to be safe until 7 am,

so i went to foodland to stock up food.

i suggest criminalize water throwing outside 4 hours mid day,

and let me drive my bike in peace without endangering my life

on any time beside 11 am to 4 pm, that way i can continue to

live out my life relatively risk free.

ill just stay home during those few hours of attacks if my dream comes true

17 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Perhaps you have not. 

In Pattaya and around Thailand it is often marred by violence as it is also a time when people drink from dawn to dusk  dawn. When I saw a gang of youths chasing a couple of others and administer a beating with sticks that looked like an ambulance would be needed, I decided it was not a place to be. Earlier years had been less worrying. It has been allowed to escalate to a level of insanity in Pattaya. This effort is a decade too late.

10 hours ago, Ulic said:

8 pm seems reasonable to me. When the sun goes down the water takes a chill. Stop the water antics and let the drinking continue

You might need to learn at what time the sun actually goes down in this part of the world. 

Archived