BANGKOK 23 May 2019 18:29
webfact

Pattaya party poopers! Cops call a halt to Beach Road Songkran fun at 8pm

17 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Easy to avoid. Just put your windows up.

The electric motor on my bike windows is broken.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I think you must have never experienced songkran. I have probably done more than thirty days in Pattaya, Samui, Phuket, BKK, Issan and the north. 

I have never experienced any violence. Just a few squirrel grips.

Perhaps you have not. 

In Pattaya and around Thailand it is often marred by violence as it is also a time when people drink from dawn to dusk  dawn. When I saw a gang of youths chasing a couple of others and administer a beating with sticks that looked like an ambulance would be needed, I decided it was not a place to be. Earlier years had been less worrying. It has been allowed to escalate to a level of insanity in Pattaya. This effort is a decade too late.

10 hours ago, Ulic said:

8 pm seems reasonable to me. When the sun goes down the water takes a chill. Stop the water antics and let the drinking continue

You might need to learn at what time the sun actually goes down in this part of the world. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Jazz5555 said:

They are not party poopers sundown stop the water, go and have a good night out 

what!!! and get pist wet through??

Edited by essox essox
after thought BECAUSE there will still be people chucking water

21 minutes ago, essox essox said:

what!!! and get pist wet through??

Please explain your response I don’t understand 

Some troll/baiting posts have been removed also replies

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps you have not. 

In Pattaya and around Thailand it is often marred by violence as it is also a time when people drink from dawn to dusk  dawn. When I saw a gang of youths chasing a couple of others and administer a beating with sticks that looked like an ambulance would be needed, I decided it was not a place to be. Earlier years had been less worrying. It has been allowed to escalate to a level of insanity in Pattaya. This effort is a decade too late.

So one violent incident. Boys will be boys, concerts here often have a bit of biffo. Rival schools often get stuck in too. 

Same as when I was a kid. Boys fight each other because it is fun at that age. 

Nothing to worry about.

For the amount of grog that gets downed in Pattaya 352 days a year there is surprisingly little violence, and usually started by a farang.

I am not scared by this and feel safe during songkran. Always have, always enjoy it. 

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, sure, I'll put my windows up on my baht bus. Why didn't I think of that before?!?🕺

Well if you take a baht bus through the worlds biggest water festival you probably should expect to get a little wet. 

If getting wet bothers you so much then take a taxi with windows.

Just now, moe666 said:

Ah the good old days, when was that by chance. Some people forget the good old days are a figment of their imagination. Made my day first post I have seen on the good old days

So what? Did that go on for over a week, day and night? NO! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Maybe those advocating what a wonderful time this idiot festival is and portraying it as wholesome family entertainment could do well to look at and understand the Thai news. I have just seen on TV some statistics that just go to prove it has all been taken over by greed and stupidity.

Between just the 13th - 15th of April, there have already been 297 road deaths and over 2000 injured! Looks like yet again they could easily surpass last years shameful totals before it is all over.

In Bangkok at Kosarn Rd alone the authorities have taken away 70 tonnes of rubbish in just four days of the Songkran celebrations!

We are all free to chose our own ways of entertaining ourselves, but that doesn't look like much fun to me, nor does it look like an environment I would promote to families.

Edited by Kim J
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The electric motor on my bike windows is broken.

I sincerely hope you get that sorted out before the wet season.

A 'don't like it then leave' troll post and all the irate replies have been removed.