Jomtien beach vendors SLAMMED online! “There are no tourists because of you!”

webfact

Jomtien beach vendors SLAMMED online! “There are no tourists because of you!”

10pm1.jpg

Picture: Sophon

Several posts slamming a Jomtien beach operator appeared on Thai social media. 

Kitcha Thommawong said they had hired a kind of circular banana boat ride but got only 5 minutes for 600 baht. 

They pulled no punches in slamming the operator saying: "There are no tourists because of you bast@@ds". 

We Love Pattaya weighed in with their own assessment quoting a Thai expression that the fun was over before "the smell of the broken wind had had time to dissipate". 

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon

Sophon sent their reporters to the area outside The Pat hotel at Jomtien to investigate. 

The operator of the ride was nowhere to be seen - the local authorities had come and rounded them up. 

But a deckchair vendor said it was all untrue. Wallop Ekwong, 44, said there were eight tourists - four children and four adults. 

The adults had asked the price and how long their children would get on the ride. They were told they would get 10 to 15 minutes on a trip out to some floats and back. The circular flotation device would be dragged out by a speedboat.

The tourists agreed, said Wallop. Seeing as the riders on the flotation device were just children it was not intense but they got over ten minutes as agreed. 

There was no trouble at the time and he was as surprised as anyone when the negative posts appeared online as it was not deserved. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webfact said:

said they had hired a kind of circular banana

Circular .! I thought bananas were bent .. or at least not straight .. 

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

We Love Pattaya weighed in with their own assessment quoting a Thai expression that the fun was over before "the smell of the broken wind had had time to dissipate". 

Very profound .. Does it have the same meaning as " you shat on us once you won't do it again " .? 

21 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Circular .! I thought bananas were bent .. or at least not straight .. 

Very profound .. Does it have the same meaning as " you shat on us once you won't do it again " .? 

Perhaps they were EU approved bananas?

Speak to any beach chair vendor and they will tell you the same story as to why there has been a dramatic drop of in customers lately.

The drop off correlates exactly with the ban on smoking on the beach.

7 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

It is packed down here today on Jomtien Beach

Well it is  a long..... long holiday and Thai new year  so not surprising that lots of Thais would head out of Bangkok either to go "home"  or to the beach..its busy every weekend  more so on a

"long weekend" ....  5 day long Songkran this year..where is there a lot of water ?  at the beach yeah lets go there  ????

I'm in pattaya too, believe me, it's dead quiet. The drop in tourism is always someone else's fault, noting to do with stunning beaches being turned into rubbish dumps, over inflated prices for the most mediocre tasks or services..... no, that's has nothing to do with it.

30 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

It is packed down here today on Jomtien Beach. Everyone is double parked. Car parks full. The beach is full.

Tourism appears to have recovered.

Always is on holidays, wait till next week, or even worse when the schools go back in May

44 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

It is packed down here today on Jomtien Beach. Everyone is double parked. Car parks full. The beach is full.

Tourism appears to have recovered.

LOL

THAI tourists NOT Farangs

and
ONLY because today is a holiday, report back tomorrow  or any day for the next few months

59 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Songkran festival. School holidays. It is always the same at this time of year, Pattaya will be busy with Thai's. Look again next week once the idiot festival has finished, then look again in a couple of weeks when the schools re open. Maybe then you will be in a more informed position to re assess your opinion.

I agree. Having lived here for years, full beach chair concessions and packed parking lots are tempory eye candy during holidays. The deserted venues at other times paint a different and true portrait of this decaying town.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Appropriate in context for that beach. 

Some of the deck chair operators are bullies...adjacent vendors have been bullied into not selling someone food or drink if they sit in certain deck chairs in fear of an altercation...

My son took the parasail ride and was lifted about 100 feet off the water when the old cloth split sending him into the water...idiots tried to blame him for the incident...????

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

So the deckchair vendor listened to the whole conversation and stopped the time of the banana boat ride? Does he do this for every ride?

The blame game is starting.

The decline has set in.

1 hour ago, johng said:

No Blaring !!!565023473_P_20170213_173547(Medium).jpg.08ee2bdc43ee66018dce9aa73e3a99cc.jpg

I have stop police meny times because it is so enjoying to sit on beach and young Thai men just come start playing music and drinking 

the answer from police...  we can't do anything about it I said give them a fine and do it all the time when you hunting food vendors 

Police answer to me and my wife was.. Don't tell me how to do my job 

That's way tourists stay away 

Archived