BANGKOK 19 April 2019 13:43
Gweiloman

Long term tourists

I have no idea, but if you came from Eastern Europe, or some Muslim country it should be easy.

I don't know what country you are from, but unlike Thailand, the bad far out weighs the good in the UK.

ie This tax and that tax, council tax, expensive annual TV licence, very high rate of income tax. Almost outnumbered by immigrants in lots of areas, dreadful weather most of the year, etc, etc. Still want to go and live in the UK?

On the other side of the coin, no dual pricing, 90 day reporting, TM30, NHS, smog free etc etc.

But unlike Thailand, I doubt that I would be allowed to live there like I am in Thailand. So really, Thailand is not such a bad deal after all.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I have no idea, but if you came from Eastern Europe, or some Muslim country it should be easy.

I don't know what country you are from, but unlike Thailand, the bad far out weighs the good in the UK.

ie This tax and that tax, council tax, expensive annual TV licence, very high rate of income tax. Almost outnumbered by immigrants in lots of areas, dreadful weather most of the year, etc, etc. Still want to go and live in the UK?

Do you live here or in the UK?

I cannot comment on the future because things are changing, but let me comment on the past 12+ years that I spent in Thailand as a long-term tourist. There's no other way to put it, I had a great time and I doubt other countries - all things considered - would have come close. Obviously that, too, is changing, 10 years ago Thailand's edge over other potential countries was huge compared to nowadays. From my personal perspective, at least.

The "hoops" were mostly border and visa runs - if you have plenty of time and like to travel, personally I don't think it's a big deal.

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

On the other side of the coin, no dual pricing, 90 day reporting, TM30, NHS, smog free etc etc.

But unlike Thailand, I doubt that I would be allowed to live there like I am in Thailand. So really, Thailand is not such a bad deal after all.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You have a point, so we can agree with each other.

Edited by possum1931

17 hours ago, jspill said:

Boomers made the West a really awful place to be, hence the flight of millennials / gen Z

Thailand used to be a PC free zone - then the people we left the West to get away from started showing up.

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Sorry Joecoolfrog, I seem to have made a mistake. The UK has very little immigrants, no TV licence like Thailand. no council tax like Thailand, lots of nice sunny weather, like Thailand, low income tax like Thailand.

Maybe I should go and shut myself in a dark cupboard.😟

19 hours ago, Too young to be old said:

hello

Where are you getting 7% ?

I like the sound of that.

Plenty of places do 7% on usd ....do your research .

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Sorry Joecoolfrog, I seem to have made a mistake. The UK has very little immigrants, no TV licence like Thailand. no council tax like Thailand, lots of nice sunny weather, like Thailand, low income tax like Thailand.

Maybe I should go and shut myself in a dark cupboard.😟

They will kick all the immigrants out when the National Front nazis take over after Brexit . - unfortunate as i like a good vindaloo . TV licence is worth it bcoz you actually get good stuff on telly there . It doesnt go over 40 degrees in summer so your not baking yer balls off and there is an expectance of respect and politeness shown by residents to each other . All in all UK beats Thailand hands down . 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Scutty said:

They will kick all the immigrants out when the National Front nazis take over after Brexit . - unfortunate as i like a good vindaloo . TV licence is worth it bcoz you actually get good stuff on telly there . It doesnt go over 40 degrees in summer so your not baking yer balls off and there is an expectance of respect and politeness shown by residents to each other . All in all UK beats Thailand hands down . 

Sort of glad your still there....🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They may come from countries with very cold climate like Russia for example and love cheap things in Thaliland, and yes lot of them digital nomads living there, so it's totally understandable. I plan to visit Thailand very soon again, I really loved it, love all that ancient places.