Moody

KC 71

Jeez its 38 here in the Rai right now

Moving up to 40 degrees on wed !

I start to get a-bit hot under the collar with anything over 25

I tend to snap very easily

Oh well, i signed up for this !

It feels like I’ve got a short fuse these days !

The air quality isn’t helping much either

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pool and air-conditioning is my answer. That said it's the long Songkran in Pattaya forcing me to hunker down that has me a little snappy. At least I know it will be safe to venture out on the 20th. The heat will be with us for quite some time.

On 4/15/2019 at 7:25 AM, Puchaiyank said:

I have found that air conditioning really works foe me...try it!...????  

When in Thailand and Cambodia during the hottest time of the year, I see the western tourists and backpackers come out of their air conditioned hotels and they get smacked with the heat when they step outside. 

I totally avoid A/C and never turn it on in my apartments. I use only a fan. In less than four weeks in Thailand or Cambodia I have acclimated to the hot climate and although still feeling the heat...I no longer suffer with it, and my sweating slows to normal. 

Actually find A/C to be very uncomfortable at that point. 

Each to their own. But in my opinion, acclimatizing is the way to go. Allowing your body to adapt to the climate, instead of artificially trying to fight it. You will never win the fight if you use A/C. 

While western tourists and backpackers step into the street suffering and soaked in sweat and mopping their brows, I’m standing there feeling the heat...but comfortable with it. 

6 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Are you aged 35 or over?

Seriously, check your vitamin d and testosterone levels..

I’m 67. Testosterone is great, and I eat a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables and take a One a Day multi-vitamine and mineral pill to be sure. 

If you’re overweight ...the heat will hit you harder also. Lose weight, wear loose airy summer-weight wicking fabrics...keep yourself hydrated, avoid A/C and use fan only.....or else be prepared to never acclimatize to the heat. 

7 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Socks? What are those??

Socks....things I only used to wear with boots if rough hiking, or during the freezing icy snowy winters in Canada.  Otherwise I’m bare feet in my men’s Teva Holliway sandals. 

You either acclimatize to it or you don't.

I've lived and worked in some of the hottest and humid places in the world and I guess I'm now acclimatized.

Try using fans instead of AC and stay out of the sun when you are outside. In the car don't put the AC on at 22 or 23, try 25 or 26. that way not so much of a shock to the system when you get out of the car. Will take some time , but you should get there.

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

I’m 67. Testosterone is great, and I eat a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables and take a One a Day multi-vitamine and mineral pill to be sure. 

If you’re overweight ...the heat will hit you harder also. Lose weight, wear loose airy summer-weight wicking fabrics...keep yourself hydrated, avoid A/C and use fan only.....or else be prepared to never acclimatize to the heat. 

good for you, not everyone else is a lucky. Im addressing the OP though..

38 minutes ago, elgenon said:

The black thingys you wear with sandals. Duh!

Socks with sandals is a faux pas. Kind of like wearing a buttoned down shirt collar with a suit and tie, or wearing both suspenders (braces) and a belt at the same time on your pants.

Possible sign of insecurity. 

3 hours ago, Catoni said:

avoid A/C and use fan only.....or else be prepared to never acclimatize to the heat. 

Use AC ???? your body is "optimal" at 22c, sure you can get where you consider you have acclimatized, but you can't change how your body works, it don't like to be hot! it has to work harder to keep cool, the "energy" lost "acclimatizing" can be better used in staying healthy! 

Archived