BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KC 71

Moody

On 4/15/2019 at 3:50 PM, KC 71 said:

No more matching socks emoji2.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Socks? What are those??

6 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Are you aged 35 or over?

Seriously, check your vitamin d and testosterone levels..

I’m 67. Testosterone is great, and I eat a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables and take a One a Day multi-vitamine and mineral pill to be sure. 

If you’re overweight ...the heat will hit you harder also. Lose weight, wear loose airy summer-weight wicking fabrics...keep yourself hydrated, avoid A/C and use fan only.....or else be prepared to never acclimatize to the heat. 

7 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Socks? What are those??

Socks....things I only used to wear with boots if rough hiking, or during the freezing icy snowy winters in Canada.  Otherwise I’m bare feet in my men’s Teva Holliway sandals. 

Strictly only used for the airport or going out ,when in the uk

Oh and for the 90 border run in Myanmar also

I did a thread on this weeks ago, 38 is nothing here @ 42c with no breeze and loads of low hanging clouds, farmers taking tons of water to the cows. GROW SOME ! or button it.

Just had a/c installed in my bedroom - now I can sleep at night and don’t feel too hot to give the mrs a cuddle. Not sure if she’s so happy about it though 😆

You either acclimatize to it or you don't.

I've lived and worked in some of the hottest and humid places in the world and I guess I'm now acclimatized.

Try using fans instead of AC and stay out of the sun when you are outside. In the car don't put the AC on at 22 or 23, try 25 or 26. that way not so much of a shock to the system when you get out of the car. Will take some time , but you should get there.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Socks? What are those??

The black thingys you wear with sandals. Duh!

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

I’m 67. Testosterone is great, and I eat a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables and take a One a Day multi-vitamine and mineral pill to be sure. 

If you’re overweight ...the heat will hit you harder also. Lose weight, wear loose airy summer-weight wicking fabrics...keep yourself hydrated, avoid A/C and use fan only.....or else be prepared to never acclimatize to the heat. 

good for you, not everyone else is a lucky. Im addressing the OP though..

Get a big Thai doll, and stick pins in it........

38 minutes ago, elgenon said:

The black thingys you wear with sandals. Duh!

Socks with sandals is a faux pas. Kind of like wearing a buttoned down shirt collar with a suit and tie, or wearing both suspenders (braces) and a belt at the same time on your pants.

Possible sign of insecurity. 

3 hours ago, Catoni said:

avoid A/C and use fan only.....or else be prepared to never acclimatize to the heat. 

Use AC 🙂 your body is "optimal" at 22c, sure you can get where you consider you have acclimatized, but you can't change how your body works, it don't like to be hot! it has to work harder to keep cool, the "energy" lost "acclimatizing" can be better used in staying healthy!