Official translator - Samui.

I'm looking for an official translator to translate some Thai documents for a Schengen visa.

I know there used to be one somewhere along Bangrak beach road on the left, heading from Choengmon to Fisherman's village, but I'm not quite sure where it was exactly. I recall there was a sign, but cannot find it anymore. Somewhere past Orgasmic restaurant I think.

Does anyone know if it is still there? or Where it might have moved to? Or know of another one please?

TIA

On 4/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, phetphet said:

No good. The translations have to be done by a certified translator. I will try suggestion from previous poster.

Thanks anyway.

There is no such thing as a "certified translator" in Thailand. Many people wrongly think that if a shop has a stamp, they are somehow certified. NO certifying body in Thailand.

I have done translations myself, and just signed the form with my name and phone number.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:20 AM, Neeranam said:

There is no such thing as a "certified translator" in Thailand. Many people wrongly think that if a shop has a stamp, they are somehow certified. NO certifying body in Thailand.

I have done translations myself, and just signed the form with my name and phone number.

Actually the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a list of certified translators. 

If you're not on the list, no MFA stamp. 

31 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Recommended, not certified. As said previously, there is no certification body in Thailand.

43 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Hi PoorSucker.  Do you have a link to that list? I have looked, and am still looking, but can't find it.

TIA

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Hi PoorSucker.  Do you have a link to that list? I have looked, and am still looking, but can't find it.

TIA

Sorry no, it would be in Thai anyway. 

I used the translator near orgasmic before and he fixed the MFA stamp. 

View coming from fishermans village. 

Screenshot_20190426-135126.png

Archived