Benedict Cumberbatch hits cyclist with flash ‘Lamborghini’ and gets SLAPPED by his victim

snoop1130

Benedict Cumberbatch hits cyclist with flash ‘Lamborghini’ and gets SLAPPED by his victim

By Jonathan Reilly and Danny De Vaal

dfvds.JPG

Benedict Cumberbatch was slapped in the face by a cyclist he had knocked off his bike / GETTY - CONTRIBUTOR

BENEDICT Cumberbatch knocked down a cyclist with his car on a country lane — and was then slapped by his victim.

Retired fisherman Michael Lawrence, 63, was left bleeding heavily from an arm injury.

He did not recognise the Sherlock star, 42, on the Isle of Wight, until he took off his baseball cap.

A friend told The Sun: “Scooby was on his brand new bike when the car appeared out of nowhere. There was literally nowhere else in the road to go.

Full Story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8863359/benedict-cumberbatch-crash-cyclist-lambourghini/

4 hours ago, Ulic said:

So the cyclist was in the middle of the road instead of one side and he thinks he has no responsibility and is considering a lawsuit. Ridiculous. 

1) The story doesnt say he WAS in the middle of the road - the Sun report says the driver SHOUTED you were in the middle of the road.

2) It is a very narrow road he should have been able to stop safely behind him NOT hit him

3) READ your highway code - pedestrians and cyclists have right of way over cars - end of story!!

7 minutes ago, bizboi said:

1) The story doesnt say he WAS in the middle of the road - the Sun report says the driver SHOUTED you were in the middle of the road.

2) It is a very narrow road he should have been able to stop safely behind him NOT hit him

3) READ your highway code - pedestrians and cyclists have right of way over cars - end of story!!

I read the story... Why couldn't the cyclist stop in time? 

I didn't read where the car 'couldn't stop behind him' the impression I got is that the car appeared out of nowhere.. i.e. from around a corner.

A car comes round a corner on a narrow road... the cyclist can't stop and hits the wing mirror, then gets of his bike and assaults the car driver..... 

What is not clear from the story is if the car was moving or not when the cyclist hit the car. 

IF the car had stopped and was stationary and the cyclist was unable to stop, who then has right of way then???? 

Sometimes cyclists are a law unto themselves... sometimes the car drivers are dangerous. In this case it looks a like a tool on a bicycle and a car driver who actually handled himself quite well. 

Archived