Aranyaprathet to Poipet

Shant

I will be travelling in a group of 11 pax in May and we are coming from Poipet and we are planning to head to Pattaya from there. Does anybody know any contacts/information to go about chartering a van and the estimated cost to do so? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I heard about the bus services at rong kluea market, but can it cater to my group and is it reliable?

On 4/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, my friend I said:

There are vans straight ahead when you leave immigration. You can see banners saying Pattaya etc.  In Thai rot tou. Price?

There are also buses from the bus station in Aran. Safer than vans. 

Is there a way to prebook the vans or will they definitely have vans available? Also, is there a fixed time and schedule or do the vans depart as per request?

Vans usually wait til they have enough pax but you have enough - maybe too many, so can leave straight away. 11 adults will fill every seat.

The warning above about vans being dangerous is true. Also recently people have been refused entry to Thailand at that border crossing.

YOu can-if you or a groupmember speekee enough of this lovely Thai lingo, pay for 15/16 seats and get a private van for  ''your party'' and set off directly. NO big bus to PTY direct from there. Good luck in trying to get driver in check of safe driving then.

Where are the ''rail is always better'' people now? 2 trains/day, dead slow but cheap, and change at Chachoengsao to the PTY old-rambling bus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, my friend I said:

Vans usually wait til they have enough pax but you have enough - maybe too many, so can leave straight away. 11 adults will fill every seat.

The warning above about vans being dangerous is true. Also recently people have been refused entry to Thailand at that border crossing.

Thanks for the help!

On 4/21/2019 at 1:28 AM, asanee said:

YOu can-if you or a groupmember speekee enough of this lovely Thai lingo, pay for 15/16 seats and get a private van for  ''your party'' and set off directly. NO big bus to PTY direct from there. Good luck in trying to get driver in check of safe driving then.

Where are the ''rail is always better'' people now? 2 trains/day, dead slow but cheap, and change at Chachoengsao to the PTY old-rambling bus.

Do you know roughly what the price could be?

Archived