Dog rescued 220km from Thai coast by rig workers

webfact

RUFF SEAS 

Heartwarming moment stranded dog is rescued 130 MILES out to sea – so how did it get there?

Workers onboard an oil rig noticed the pooch’s head poking out above the ripples as she paddled through the ocean

By Nicola Stow

screenshot_9042.jpg

The Aspin dog was seen paddling in waters 130 miles from shore in the Gulf of Thailand

VIRAL PRESS

THIS is the heartwarming moment a stranded dog was rescued after being found swimming in the Gulf of Thailand - an incredible 130 MILES from the shore.

Workers onboard an oil rig noticed the pooch’s head poking above the ripples as she paddled through the ocean on Friday.

It's understood the Aspin dog - named Boonrod (survivor) by her rescuers - fell from a fishing trawler, according to the Bangkok Post.

Offshore drillers called out to the exhausted mutt and she swam towards them, taking refuge among the rusty metal bars of the rig.

The workers then lowered a rope down to Boonrod and pulled her to safety. She stayed on the drilling platform for two nights while a special cage was welded and staff gave her food and water.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8866452/dog-rescued-gulf-thailand/

-- The SUN 2019-2019-04-16

He’s probably had enough on the nonsense that sourrrounds thailand and wanted to get away from it all for a new and challenging adventure in search of stability and safety..

Well done to the people who spotted him/she needed a break and a refill of energy, I’m very happy to learn that some people still have a caring heart towards animals ????????

40 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not much going on pull out a doggie story ???? No way it swam far, probably chucked off a fishing boat.

Comments noted. Your name will go on the barstewards list.

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This story was posted about a week ago in local Thai media.

43 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

So, this is old news. And from that scumbag paper too. 

The dog was welcomed back in Songkhla yesterday and is now at the vets.

You may have seen it before, But the 'majority of us' (i will guess) HAVE NOT..........

DID IT REALLY HURT ANYTHING TO PRINT IT AGAIN?????? I certainly don't think so........ I appreciate 'WEBFACT' for taking his time to print this and 'all' the 'Thai News' he publishes, even though I, or somebody, may have previous knowledge of it (Some may not have seen it)...... Just MY 2 cents worth......

Keep up the 'good work' WEBFACT and TV........ I THANK YOU.......

Many years ago I was staying in a/the 'top' resort in Phi Phi when all the friendly cats suddenly disappeared....

I was told (from a relative working in the resort) that they had been put on a boat, and dumped in the ocean as a way around the 'buddhist' beliefs.....

Apparently, a guest had complained that one of the cats had bitten her....

I’ve seen my dog swim for an hour before touching terra firma. Don’t know how much longer she could do. 

But sure great to know that the rig workers care as much about dogs as some of us do. 

Sure, I know that some members think it would be better if Boonrod had become shark food. 

41 minutes ago, neeray said:

I’ve seen my dog swim for an hour before touching terra firma. Don’t know how much longer she could do. 

But sure great to know that the rig workers care as much about dogs as some of us do. 

Sure, I know that some members think it would be better if Boonrod had become shark food. 

Quite.

I've no doubt that this dog - amongst many others - was dumped in the ocean as a 'buddhist, face-saving' way... 

Horrendous, but true.....

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Another unwanted stray, hardly heartwarming

Not anymore:

"Oil rig worker, Khon Vitisak, who saved the animal, said he would like to adopt her if no owner comes forward."

For what it's worth, I saw it referenced on Thai news today, along with the Notre Dame story - guess the international attention has reignited interest.

I was intrigued enough to look up the (mongrel) breed, apparently they make great housedogs - good with kids and very protective. Wiki gives a couple of notable Aspins - Kabung and Nagul; I guess we might add Boonrod to that list. 

Anyway, I don't think Khon Vitisak will regret his decision, as some animal rescue worker said:

"Our adopters swear by their aspins’ loving nature—as if they appreciate the good life, because they know what it is to have come from a bad place".

10 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This story was posted about a week ago in local Thai media.

And now someone is earning money on it by giving the story to The Sun.

Archived