BANGKOK 25 April 2019 23:20
Scutty

Sim Card and 1 Month Internet on Phone ( not Ripp off )

Sim Card and 1 Month Internet on Phone - arriving in Bangkok airports late at night and will need to get this to get a grab bike on arrival . Where can I buy this without getting the usual tourist Ripp off , something like 900 baht . Remenber last time i got sim and 1 month unlimited net for about 160 baht . Anyone know where near Don Muang ?

Dtac do internet for 300 baht first payment top up costs are 100 baht month a time for me unless I call peoples mobiles or UK. 

TrueMobile sure is easy to deal with. 369 baht for 2 months is interesting... 

I paid 500 a month but tethered as hotspot. 

Every top up extends your 'contract' by a month- make a series of 10 baht top ups prior to leaving so the phone is active next time upon arrival 😉

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Dtac do internet for 300 baht first payment top up costs are 100 baht month a time for me unless I call peoples mobiles or UK. 

Is this English? Can't make head nor tail of it....

2 hours ago, Happystance said:

TrueMobile sure is easy to deal with. 369 baht for 2 months is interesting... 

I paid 500 a month but tethered as hotspot. 

Every top up extends your 'contract' by a month- make a series of 10 baht top ups prior to leaving so the phone is active next time upon arrival 😉

369 baht + VAT for 6 GB of data @ 0.5 Mbps(0.0625 MB/s). After 6 GB, it slows down to 64 kbps(actually close to the old dial up Internet speed) I would not be getting excited about it.

It does keep you connected, but I would do it differently if I wanted 60 days of Internet connection and was such a low data user.

Basic 1GB unlimited package plus data add-ons would be a similarly price but much faster data solution.

No need for a series of ten baht top ups if you've had the SIM for ninety days or have spent 200 baht worth of credit on the SIM. You can add days at 2 baht per 30 days.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Dtac is the name of mobile phone company in ThaiIand.

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Go into a 7/11, buy a True sim card for 49 THB, top it up at 7/11 and book the internet package of your choice:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/upgrade_option/category/data/prepaid

(click on "details", then it shows you more packages, prices without VAT)

This is good but far too complicated for me to understand , Last time I went to 7 11 and they would only sell me the tourist rip off package at 900 baht . As Im only going to be in Thailand 45 days not worth it . 

It's not going to cost you 160 baht. Things have changed since the 1st of Feb.

49 baht SIM at the airport, get them to add credit and then apply a package by tapping a code in.

For instance the 395 baht Truemove H 60 day data plan mentioned earlier. Buy the SIM at the airport booth for 49 baht, get them to add 400 baht worth of credit and then tap in *900*1987# and then press the Dial key.

That's it. Up to two months of data.

Personally I would choose something else, but this is just an example of what you can do.

11 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It's not going to cost you 160 baht. Things have changed since the 1st of Feb.

49 baht SIM at the airport, get them to add credit and then apply a package by tapping a code in.

For instance the 395 baht Truemove H 60 day data plan mentioned earlier. Buy the SIM at the airport booth for 49 baht, get them to add 400 baht worth of credit and then tap in *900*1987# and then press the Dial key.

That's it. Up to two months of data.

Personally I would choose something else, but this is just an example of what you can do.

This is nice and clear . Thank you . As Im only in Thailand for 5 days can I get away with something cheaper do you think ?

1 hour ago, Scutty said:

This is nice and clear . Thank you . As Im only in Thailand for 5 days can I get away with something cheaper do you think ?

Five days now? 

Cheaper than what? 

1 hour ago, Scutty said:

Seems that you are already in the country.

I'm not sure why you are balking over a few baht for a data package when you claim you are walking around with US$10,000 in your money belt....

• Like 1

I didnt get where I am today by wasting money ....anyway that was last year I got stopped by the police and no Im not in Thailand yet . Your so on the ball . Do you monitor this site 24/7 jeeesuz

Posted (edited)

Dtac unlimited 10Mbs at 650 baht. I use more than 3GB per day and no slowdown. 

Screenshot_20190417_124119_th.co.crie.tron2.android.jpg

Edited by Tayaout

19 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

No need for a series of ten baht top ups if you've had the SIM for ninety days or have spent 200 baht worth of credit on the SIM. You can add days at 2 baht per 30 days.

I remember my remaining credits would have zeroed out, had I not topped off. At some point of non-use you lose your number, is my guess.

I tried a few ways but all more costly than the proposed $7 usd a month offered for consideration here. 

10GB seems to be the sweet spot, but this price point (6GB x 2 months) is hard to beat.