Sim Card and 1 Month Internet on Phone ( not Ripp off )

Scutty

Sim Card and 1 Month Internet on Phone - arriving in Bangkok airports late at night and will need to get this to get a grab bike on arrival . Where can I buy this without getting the usual tourist Ripp off , something like 900 baht . Remenber last time i got sim and 1 month unlimited net for about 160 baht . Anyone know where near Don Muang ?

TrueMobile sure is easy to deal with. 369 baht for 2 months is interesting... 

I paid 500 a month but tethered as hotspot. 

Every top up extends your 'contract' by a month- make a series of 10 baht top ups prior to leaving so the phone is active next time upon arrival ????

2 hours ago, Happystance said:

TrueMobile sure is easy to deal with. 369 baht for 2 months is interesting... 

I paid 500 a month but tethered as hotspot. 

Every top up extends your 'contract' by a month- make a series of 10 baht top ups prior to leaving so the phone is active next time upon arrival ????

369 baht + VAT for 6 GB of data @ 0.5 Mbps(0.0625 MB/s). After 6 GB, it slows down to 64 kbps(actually close to the old dial up Internet speed) I would not be getting excited about it.

It does keep you connected, but I would do it differently if I wanted 60 days of Internet connection and was such a low data user.

Basic 1GB unlimited package plus data add-ons would be a similarly price but much faster data solution.

No need for a series of ten baht top ups if you've had the SIM for ninety days or have spent 200 baht worth of credit on the SIM. You can add days at 2 baht per 30 days.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Dtac do internet for 300 baht first payment top up costs are 100 baht month a time for me unless I call peoples mobiles or UK. 

Dtac is the name of mobile phone company in ThaiIand.

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Go into a 7/11, buy a True sim card for 49 THB, top it up at 7/11 and book the internet package of your choice:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/upgrade_option/category/data/prepaid

(click on "details", then it shows you more packages, prices without VAT)

This is good but far too complicated for me to understand , Last time I went to 7 11 and they would only sell me the tourist rip off package at 900 baht . As Im only going to be in Thailand 45 days not worth it . 

It's not going to cost you 160 baht. Things have changed since the 1st of Feb.

49 baht SIM at the airport, get them to add credit and then apply a package by tapping a code in.

For instance the 395 baht Truemove H 60 day data plan mentioned earlier. Buy the SIM at the airport booth for 49 baht, get them to add 400 baht worth of credit and then tap in *900*1987# and then press the Dial key.

That's it. Up to two months of data.

Personally I would choose something else, but this is just an example of what you can do.

11 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It's not going to cost you 160 baht. Things have changed since the 1st of Feb.

49 baht SIM at the airport, get them to add credit and then apply a package by tapping a code in.

For instance the 395 baht Truemove H 60 day data plan mentioned earlier. Buy the SIM at the airport booth for 49 baht, get them to add 400 baht worth of credit and then tap in *900*1987# and then press the Dial key.

That's it. Up to two months of data.

Personally I would choose something else, but this is just an example of what you can do.

This is nice and clear . Thank you . As Im only in Thailand for 5 days can I get away with something cheaper do you think ?

1 hour ago, Scutty said:

This is nice and clear . Thank you . As Im only in Thailand for 5 days can I get away with something cheaper do you think ?

Seems that you are already in the country.

I'm not sure why you are balking over a few baht for a data package when you claim you are walking around with US$10,000 in your money belt....

I didnt get where I am today by wasting money ....anyway that was last year I got stopped by the police and no Im not in Thailand yet . Your so on the ball . Do you monitor this site 24/7 jeeesuz

19 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

No need for a series of ten baht top ups if you've had the SIM for ninety days or have spent 200 baht worth of credit on the SIM. You can add days at 2 baht per 30 days.

I remember my remaining credits would have zeroed out, had I not topped off. At some point of non-use you lose your number, is my guess.

I tried a few ways but all more costly than the proposed $7 usd a month offered for consideration here. 

10GB seems to be the sweet spot, but this price point (6GB x 2 months) is hard to beat.

50 minutes ago, Scutty said:

I didnt get where I am today by wasting money ....anyway that was last year I got stopped by the police and no Im not in Thailand yet . Your so on the ball . Do you monitor this site 24/7 jeeesuz

Where exactly are you today? 

Unless you have a SIM held over from the previous visit, things will be somewhat different from your previous visit.

Old unlimited plans have been replaced with a lesser animal.

1 hour ago, Happystance said:

I remember my remaining credits would have zeroed out, had I not topped off. At some point of non-use you lose your number, is my guess.

I tried a few ways but all more costly than the proposed $7 usd a month offered for consideration here. 

10GB seems to be the sweet spot, but this price point (6GB x 2 months) is hard to beat.

If you reached the criteria I mentioned earlier, you needed simply to apply the short code *934*180# Dial for 180 days of added validity for 12 baht. 

*934*30/90/180 Dial for the corresponding amount of days. No need for ten baht top up. Those are only necessary for AIS.

It is not 6 GB x 2 months as you put it, it is 6 GB over two months. So 3 GB x 2.

Not only that, but at the lowly speed of 512 kbps.

You can get full speed at much the same price. 7 GB over 60 days with AIS for 427 baht, as opposed to 395 baht with Truemove H limited to a maximum of 512 kbps.

But if one is a penny-pincher, perhaps best to look at something like this; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-4g-200gb100gb-true-6-1mbps-wifi-true-i214684339-s325052886.html

One can pick up a 49 baht Truemove H SIM at the airport and use the 90 MB of data for any immediate needs. Then to collect the SIM from prebokked accommodation then to register.

Alternatives; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-200gb100gb-youtubefacebook-6-i264546349-s410731818.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-4mbps-6-i266394016-s415147852.html Free first month 150 baht for subsequent.

18 hours ago, Scutty said:

Last time I went to 7 11 and they would only sell me the tourist rip off package at 900 baht . As Im only going to be in Thailand 45 days not worth it

2 hours ago, Scutty said:

You come 45 days or 5 days ?  'As I am only going.. ' is upcoming, but if I read the sentence before that, in combination with another reply... 45 days was the last time you was in Thailand and now 5 days. Right?

Anyway, packages for the phone comes in 7 days , 30 days and some even 60 days.

If you stay 5 days, choose 7 days internet package on your taste ; speed/volume/extras

5 minutes ago, donim said:

You come 45 days or 5 days ?  'As I am only going.. ' is upcoming, but if I read the sentence before that, in combination with another reply... 45 days was the last time you was in Thailand and now 5 days. Right?

Anyway, packages for the phone comes in 7 days , 30 days and some even 60 days.

If you stay 5 days, choose 7 days internet package on your taste ; speed/volume/extras

Post #8 states 45. Post #10 states 5.....

4-5 means four or five days not 45 . I do not waste 800 baht for use the internet 10 minutes a day for 5 days . this is nonsense . Does Don Muang have free internet I will call a grab bike from there .I just need it to get a ride from Don Muang to my hostel at 11.30 at night was going to get a grab bike save wasting money on a taxi right .

4 minutes ago, Scutty said:

4-5 means four or five days not 45

So, we've gone from needing one month internet... to 45 days... to 4-5 days... to using free wifi at the airport... at least now you have been able to repair the - key on your device ????

46 minutes ago, Scutty said:

4-5 means four or five days not 45 . I do not waste 800 baht for use the internet 10 minutes a day for 5 days . this is nonsense . Does Don Muang have free internet I will call a grab bike from there .I just need it to get a ride from Don Muang to my hostel at 11.30 at night was going to get a grab bike save wasting money on a taxi right .

Perhaps you need to be more careful what you write, lest you be considered a Troll.

The only nonsense here is your carelessness in writing and therefore wasting everyone's time.

Perhaps an apology is in order?

This is good but far too complicated for me to understand , Last time I went to 7 11 and they would only sell me the tourist rip off package at 900 baht . As Im only going to be in Thailand 45 days not worth it . 

Five days of course is a completely different proposition.

Pick up the 49 baht Truemove H SIM at the airport(it will have 90 MB of data for you to get started), get them to add 100 baht of credit at the nearest Family Mart or 7/11 and then tap in the code for 2 GB of data(over seven days) for 52.43 baht *900*1954# and then the Dial key.

So total cost; 49 baht + 53 baht = 102 baht.

If you give us the right information in the first place....

If you want to save further, you can get them to add 50 baht of Truemove H credit at the convenience store and then another twelve baht at the orange machine outside the convenience shop. That way you top up just enough for the 53 baht data package.

4 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Perhaps you need to be more careful what you write, lest you be considered a Troll.

The only nonsense here is your carelessness in writing and therefore wasting everyone's time.

Perhaps an apology is in order?

Five days of course is a completely different proposition.

Pick up the 49 baht Truemove H SIM at the airport(it will have 90 MB of data for you to get started), get them to add 100 baht of credit at the nearest Family Mart or 7/11 and then tap in the code for 2 GB of data for 52.43 baht *900*1954# and then the Dial key.

So total cost; 49 baht + 53 baht = 102 baht.

You sir ,,, are an absolute champion  !! They make these new fangled stuffs so complicated just make it complex to rip us off im sure . Yes its 4-5 days not 45 days . Must have been a typo i expect . My sincere apologies for wasting you good folks time . 

So I have to buy 49 b truemove then pay 100 b at 7/11 for credit then I can buy 53 baht for 2 GB . Is that not 200 baht ...not that Im bothered about 50 b . 

1 hour ago, Scutty said:

You sir ,,, are an absolute champion  !! They make these new fangled stuffs so complicated just make it complex to rip us off im sure . Yes its 4-5 days not 45 days . Must have been a typo i expect . My sincere apologies for wasting you good folks time . 

So I have to buy 49 b truemove then pay 100 b at 7/11 for credit then I can buy 53 baht for 2 GB . Is that not 200 baht ...not that Im bothered about 50 b . 

49 baht + 100 baht of credit is 149 baht. From whence did you glean 200 baht?

I think Truemove H credit is sold at 50 baht and 90 baht cards in convenience shops. So perhaps a 49 baht SIM and 90 baht worth of credit.

If you want more than 2 GB, there is 5GB for 106 baht. *900*1937# Dial. But then you will need  110 baht worth of credit

7 hours ago, Scutty said:

Don Muang have wifi, hotspots for the phone providers AND aot complimentary free internet for an hour.

If you walk out of the airport, head to the right on the ground floor. Walk to the exit to the Vibavadi road, just around the corner there is a Family Mart.

Cross the highway and railroad on the pedestrian bridge, you will see a 7eleven.

Walk down the road, and very near there you will have hostels, not sure which one you need to go (i assume it is near the airport as you said grab bike) but walk is easy and bike (no need for grab, just walk to one of the motobike stands, recognize the orange jacket.) to the nearest hostels 15-20 bath.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:56 AM, KneeDeep said:

I think Truemove H credit is sold at 50 baht and 90 baht cards in convenience shops. So perhaps a 49 baht SIM and 90 baht worth of credit.

I think you can purchase any amount of credit via the top-up machines outside most stores if you already have a sim.

No doubt any 7/11 can set you straight.

I would ignore any codes posted, they change them all the time and different suppliers have different codes. 

True credit definitely expires if you don't top-up.

7 hours ago, Happystance said:

I think you can purchase any amount of credit via the top-up machines outside most stores if you already have a sim.

No doubt any 7/11 can set you straight.

I would ignore any codes posted, they change them all the time and different suppliers have different codes. 

True credit definitely expires if you don't top-up.

What a ridiculous post. You don't seem to have any idea of what you are writing or anything about the subject.

Ignore codes posted? What a stupid thing to write. 

I already told you how to avoid the mistakes you made earlier. You don't need to top up repeatedly to extend validity.

Don't attempt to dole out 'advice' if you haven't got a clue.

They only thing you go right is that you can purchase all of the credit needed for the package from the aforementioned machines outside convenience stores. So the 60 baht top up, will cost around 63 baht. 60 baht + fee.

It is just rude....... and stupid to assert that anyone should ignore codes that are known to be working....and according to the OP, suits them perfectly.

I also posted a pic to the codes available at 7/11.

Trolling to cover up the aforementioned blunder doesn't help anyone. 

Archived