Sim Card and 1 Month Internet on Phone ( not Ripp off )

Scutty

1 minute ago, KneeDeep said:

It is just rude....... and stupid to assert that anyone should ignore codes that are known to be working....and according to the OP, suits them perfectly.

I also posted a pic to the codes available at 7/11.

Here's the issue: sure, you post codes you believe to be working. They very well may be, this month.

But you see, this thread is going to be around for awhile, long after your codes expire.

... rendering your beloved codes to digital pollution.

5 minutes ago, Happystance said:

Here's the issue: sure, you post codes you believe to be working. They very well may be, this month.

But you see, this thread is going to be around for awhile, long after your codes expire.

... rendering your beloved codes to digital pollution.

I posted working codes, specifically for the OP. 

So you coming along, someone who clearly has so little experience, that they had no idea that they could extend their validity via USSD, telling people to ignore posted codes because you had a negative experience in the past with codes of your own, is ridiculous.

Their is no way that you should be arguing against people who have a lot more experience than you in these matters.

Trolling to cover up your rude mistake makes it even worse.

We know all about Truemove H's regular moving of the goalposts and so post up to date codes and prices when requested.

If you have nothing useful to add, perhaps you should hold off on posting.

If you reached the criteria I mentioned earlier, you needed simply to apply the short code *934*180# Dial for 180 days of added validity for 12 baht. 

*934*30/90/180 Dial for the corresponding amount of days. No need for ten baht top up. Those are only necessary for AIS.

It is not 6 GB x 2 months as you put it, it is 6 GB over two months. So 3 GB x 2.
Not only that, but at the lowly speed of 512 kbps.

You can get full speed at much the same price. 7 GB over 60 days with AIS for 427 baht, as opposed to 395 baht with Truemove H limited to a maximum of 512 kbps.

But if one is a penny-pincher, perhaps best to look at something like this; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-4g-200gb100gb-true-6-1mbps-wifi-true-i214684339-s325052886.html

One can pick up a 49 baht Truemove H SIM at the airport and use the 90 MB of data for any immediate needs. Then to collect the SIM from prebokked accommodation then to register.

Alternatives; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-200gb100gb-youtubefacebook-6-i264546349-s410731818.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-4mbps-6-i266394016-s415147852.html Free first month 150 baht for subsequent.

What's the phone code *xxx*xx# for the AIS 7gb 60 day package at 427bht. I'm currently using AIS 2gb 30 days 239bht.. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, owenm said:
On 4/17/2019 at 7:51 AM, KneeDeep said:

If you reached the criteria I mentioned earlier, you needed simply to apply the short code *934*180# Dial for 180 days of added validity for 12 baht. 

*934*30/90/180 Dial for the corresponding amount of days. No need for ten baht top up. Those are only necessary for AIS.

It is not 6 GB x 2 months as you put it, it is 6 GB over two months. So 3 GB x 2.
Not only that, but at the lowly speed of 512 kbps.

You can get full speed at much the same price. 7 GB over 60 days with AIS for 427 baht, as opposed to 395 baht with Truemove H limited to a maximum of 512 kbps.

But if one is a penny-pincher, perhaps best to look at something like this; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-4g-200gb100gb-true-6-1mbps-wifi-true-i214684339-s325052886.html

One can pick up a 49 baht Truemove H SIM at the airport and use the 90 MB of data for any immediate needs. Then to collect the SIM from prebokked accommodation then to register.

Alternatives; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4mbps-200gb100gb-youtubefacebook-6-i264546349-s410731818.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-4mbps-6-i266394016-s415147852.html Free first month 150 baht for subsequent.

What's the phone code *xxx*xx# for the AIS 7gb 60 day package at 427bht. I'm currently using AIS 2gb 30 days 239bht.. Thanks.

Do you live in Thailand or just here for a subscribed time on holiday?

Was your SIM registered before the 1st of Feb this year?

If living here, then the longer term Marathon products will be even better value for you..

I always use this one from Truemove where its a 1 month "always on" connection but unlimited data.

First 1gb is at 4G than it throttles the speed for the rest of the month. However as I've mentioned before it still plays youtube no problem

Suspect there are better plans as this is quite an old one now but its perfect for me

199 Baht plus vat for one month

*900*1801(hash) then press "call"

(Am on chinese laptop that doesnt have hash symbol on it lol)

Do you live in Thailand or just here for a subscribed time on holiday?
Was your SIM registered before the 1st of Feb this year?
If living here, then the longer term Marathon products will be even better value for you..

Live here in Thailand 3+ years.. The gf has DTAC 299bht 300 free call min and 16gb pm. My AIS is 2gb 239bht pm..
You mentioned AIS 7gb 60 day at 427bht.. Do you know the +xxx+xx# USSD code? Or a better value pack.. 3gb pm would be ideal, particularly with 6gb 60 days being more flexible..

Or a better long term solution on an equivalent deal..

Can you retain your phone number and change carriers in Thailand??

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

15 hours ago, owenm said:

Live here in Thailand 3+ years.. The gf has DTAC 299bht 300 free call min and 16gb pm. My AIS is 2gb 239bht pm..
You mentioned AIS 7gb 60 day at 427bht.. Do you know the +xxx+xx# USSD code? Or a better value pack.. 3gb pm would be ideal, particularly with 6gb 60 days being more flexible..

Or a better long term solution on an equivalent deal..

Can you retain your phone number and change carriers in Thailand??

If you aren't a heavy user of data; AIS has twelve months of unlimited data capped at 1 Mbps for 1200(1284 if VAT is charged). So as little as 100 baht per month

They also have unlimited data capped at 4 Mbps for 2500(2675 if VAT is charged). As little as 209 per month.

Both better value than what you have, but both with unlimited 'no slow down' data with no need to change your number.

But if you prefer 427 for 7 GB over 60 days...

If you aren't a heavy user of data; AIS has twelve months of unlimited data capped at 1 Mbps for 1200(1284 if VAT is charged). So as little as 100 baht per month
They also have unlimited data capped at 4 Mbps for 2500(2675 if VAT is charged). As little as 209 per month.

Both better value than what you have, but both with unlimited 'no slow down' data with no need to change your number.

But if you prefer 427 for 7 GB over 60 days...

Do you know know USSD code for 7gb 60 days at 427bht? That could suit as sometimes I'm in out of the country. If I'm using my 2gb 30 days at 239bht and I go over, then AIS charge 49bht for an additional 24 hrs,

You've mentioned the AIS 7gb package in an earlier post but on-line I can't see it. Or PM me.. Thanks..

9 hours ago, owenm said:

Do you know know USSD code for 7gb 60 days at 427bht? That could suit as sometimes I'm in out of the country. If I'm using my 2gb 30 days at 239bht and I go over, then AIS charge 49bht for an additional 24 hrs,

You've mentioned the AIS 7gb package in an earlier post but on-line I can't see it. Or PM me.. Thanks..

In addition to this, if you want to stop the annoying out of package data charges, try changing your main phone package(not data package) to Easy Free Net 

Just click on the link above whilst on an AIS data connection, read the details and choose confirm if it suits.

Free! internet 150 MB (Valid 3 Days) and Unlimited internet 64 Kbps. Top up reach 150 Baht per month get Unlimited internet 64 Kbps. Call all network 0.001 Baht/second (first minute 1 Baht), 24 hours.

So just top up a minimum of 150 baht per month and you will have that 64 kbps connection always on and therefore no more out of package data charges of 49 baht per day.

How this would work for you, would be to top up, say 350 initially apply your data packages, then to top up another 150 to make sure that you qualify for the 64 kbps package the next month(you won't need it for the first month as you will already have the 128 kbps buffer for the first month).

The only caveat is that I am not sure that AIS will allow you to change your main package as they state this;

You can change the package to fit your Internet and other service needs by calling *777 within 30 days after the number activation date.

Which seems like nonsense to me. You would think they would mean after thirty days, not within.

But you can at least try it. 

They dont sell 49 baht sim cards at the airport . Useless really . So my 5 days in Thailand was totally internet and cell phone free . Thank God  for the break from all this internet crap  . 

15 hours ago, Scutty said:

They dont sell 49 baht sim cards at the airport . Useless really . So my 5 days in Thailand was totally internet and cell phone free . Thank God  for the break from all this internet crap  . 

lol they do !!

What makes you so sure . I asked them at the truemove office there , on the right as your going out , they said no. Only some overpriced tourist deals . The small convenience stores are complex as hell too if your Thai is rusty . One 7/11 was going to sell me a 49 baht sim but said my passport photo was not clear so she wouldnt sell me one . So i said f y and did without net for the duration . Actually was a godsend to be free of it  for a while .

1 hour ago, Scutty said:

So my question is why is it so F complicated to buy a sim card and internet in thailand .?

It isn't. 

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/international_service/visit_thailand/en

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim.html

http://www.ais.co.th/travellersim/

As you can see, all network's Tourist SIMs have a 49 baht option. The airport booths often just pretend to not have them.

Archived