Are they still throwing water in CM today Tues 16th?

jak2002003

No they are not throwing water as yesterday was the actual end to songkram. Actually this is the longest I have ever seen the water throwing last so long usually 3 days and done but Friday was kind of a ho hum day. So you are safe from the nasty old water today

Yesterday it was in full swing. Today, driving all around the Old City, I didn't see anyone throwing water. I did notice, however, that the majority of small shops were closed, as was the post office.

But this was the third year in a row that I didn't see ANY traffic jam on Heaw Kaew Rd. In previous years, traffic would be at a dead stop heading into town. This weekend, hardly any traffic at all on the street. This means Thais are staying home, but as it's the 3rd year in a row, can we really blame it on this year's air quality?

^^I think you are right, Songran here has definately losts its shine.

I noticed on the West side of the moat there was a dedicated driving lane for those passing through.

A few years ago Huay Kaew was always closed, absolutely heaving, at least three concert stages set up and truly rocking at 6pm.

I kept away but even aroind our villages you expect to see the kiddies playing roadside, but I didnt actually see any water anyehere on the roads.

Hopefully they will concentrate these activities for just one day, like everywhere else.

Phuket and the likes, make a proper day of it, early morning until midnight, much better for everyone imo

Archived