Storms whip Phitsanulok, leaving damaged houses and downed power poles

webfact

Storms whip Phitsanulok, leaving damaged houses and downed power poles

By The Nation

53007423ace5d4a469295ee27d9870fc.jpeg

Many houses were damaged when four districts of Phitsanulok province were hit by thunderstorms on Monday night, authorities said.

Storms pummelled Bang Rakam, Phrom Phiram, Noen Maprang and Muang districts at about 9.30pm, according to reports. They left behind damaged houses and downed trees and power poles throughout the districts.

In Muang district alone some 30 houses were damaged and four trees uprooted by the strong winds, which also blew away tents selling food for the Songkran festival on the Nan River bank.

Officials have yet to survey the damage in other areas.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367765

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-16

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Storms pummelled Bang Rakam, Phrom Phiram, Noen Maprang and Muang districts at about 9.30pm

My home is in the Phrom Phiram district and at about 11pm last night, a giant old Mango tree fell across the road about 50 meters from our place taking the power lines down with it.  We were lucky as our power stayed on, but our neighbors down the road, not so fortunate. Now this is what is amazing about Thailand.

When the wind quit blowing the locals came out to clean up the mess and fight the red ants. First it was just one chain saw (and me in my pajamas) and soon two more groups with chain saws joined in to help. Keep in mind, that this a typical rural area out in the middle of nowhere.  I have seen this kind of response before and it is rather cool. No one was hurt and only one car died. Currently, the electricity is still out, but the locals decided to go ahead with their Songkran party anyway. 

elec lines down.JPG

Here is one more amazing aspect about last night. The local village speaker took a pretty good hit from Mother Nature and I was pleasantly pleased. Until this morning. Yep, right at 6am as usual that damn thing was still working...

speaker.JPG

17 hours ago, missoura said:

My home is in the Phrom Phiram district and at about 11pm last night, a giant old Mango tree fell across the road about 50 meters from our place taking the power lines down with it.  We were lucky as our power stayed on, but our neighbors down the road, not so fortunate. Now this is what is amazing about Thailand.

When the wind quit blowing the locals came out to clean up the mess and fight the red ants. First it was just one chain saw (and me in my pajamas) and soon two more groups with chain saws joined in to help. Keep in mind, that this a typical rural area out in the middle of nowhere.  I have seen this kind of response before and it is rather cool. No one was hurt and only one car died. Currently, the electricity is still out, but the locals decided to go ahead with their Songkran party anyway. 

elec lines down.JPG

Here is one more amazing aspect about last night. The local village speaker took a pretty good hit from Mother Nature and I was pleasantly pleased. Until this morning. Yep, right at 6am as usual that damn thing was still working...

speaker.JPG

The storm should have taken out ALL of the speakers

Archived