BANGKOK 20 June 2019 06:19
webfact

EU's Tusk says "dream" of Brexit U-turn not dead

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Germany gets most of it's gas supply from Russia, and the recently built €9.5bn Nord Stream 2 pipeline will result in a further increase. This is from Reuters: 

"The EU bloc is divided in its support for the project. Eastern European, Nordic and Baltic Sea countries view the 1,225 km (760 mile) pipeline as holding the EU hostage to Moscow, while those in northern Europe, especially Germany, prioritizes the economic benefits."

How does that answer my question or supports the OP’s claim?

50 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How does that answer my question or supports the OP’s claim?

It's fair to say Merkel is reluctant to face up to (and talk honestly about) the political ramifications of the pipeline expansion. I assume that's what the OP meant.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tilacme said:

Yeah, project fear never far away with these idiots, we have a plan, its called WTO rules and UK will do very nicely thank you.

sorry but the govt has had more than enough experts tell them that WTO would be a disaster,a couple of highly paid/bribed guest speakers (just as much likely to be remainers) with a few hundred youths screaming WTO in the audience and with WTO placards you see on-line hasnt fooled them,they have listened and the overwhelming majority do NOT want WTO,please no replies about the experts not predicting the 2008 crisis.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I find it amazing that after 40 odd years people cannot see where the EU is heading.

It started as a trading block of a few countries and has slowly morphed into a German led political monster now with aspirations towards becoming  a Military Empire - seriously ????

40 years ago the UK was in tatters,once Labour were removed and maggie got to work its done very well and probably narrowed the gap in living standards on the wealthier germans,french,dutch etc,no way would that of happened if we had not joined.the nissans/honda's/toyota's/airbus jobs would never of came to these shores

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I find it amazing that after 3 years Brexiteers can’t see where Brexit is heading.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

but farage has started planning 6 years to late,rolf harris is going to show him how to sketch 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Germany gets most of it's gas supply from Russia, and the recently built €9.5bn Nord Stream 2 pipeline will result in a further increase. This is from Reuters: 

"The EU bloc is divided in its support for the project. Eastern European, Nordic and Baltic Sea countries view the 1,225 km (760 mile) pipeline as holding the EU hostage to Moscow, while those in northern Europe, especially Germany, prioritizes the economic benefits."

europe has no option but to take russia's gas,the mighty uk also,are brexiteers now wanting to dend the UK back to the ice age,they sure are a paranoid bunch,portugal wont be effected,yippeee 🤣 

May was a complete remainer, she must thanked the heavens when she got the job of keeping us in.

CG1 BLUE

Thank You very much for explaining things so accurately. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Has that not been the EU plan all along. Turn the screws hard enough in negotiations that the UK taps out.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, JAG said:

Indeed, let's stick to the laws.

The relevant laws in this case are those created by The European Union (Withdrawal) Act of 2018. This act, was passed by a thumping majority (some 500) MPs. Those MPs had been sent to parliament by a General Election in which both the party which formed the government and the main opposition stood on manifestos declaring that the UK would leave the EU. So that is the law, it clearly stated that the UK would leave. 

Now, that law can of course be repealed by parliament. In doing so they would spark a massive constitutional crisis, since such a repeal, unless preceded by a general election would contradict both the referendum instruction and the subsequent general election. I guess that neither party has the courage to do that.

So that is the law, it is not affected by the meandering dreams and wishes of Mr Tusk, or your enthusiasm for telling us what we should do!

Indeed parliament is sovereign and can enact laws and change laws and undo laws as it likes, and Brexiteers see a constitutional crisis when parliament is carrying it out the constitution in a way that Brexiteers don’t like. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's fair to say Merkel is reluctant to face up to (and talk honestly about) the political ramifications of the pipeline expansion. I assume that's what the OP meant.  

Apart from obviously not being the case, how exactly does Nordstrom 2 prove the other guy’s claim of a secret oil deal? 

18 hours ago, Tilacme said:

This of course being the guy who believes 17.4m brits should go to hell.

I think you'll find that about 1m of your 17.4m are already there. Probably a step up from being in a no-deal, post-Brexit Britain though.