Information/Documents needed for retirement extension

(Everything written in BLUE ink.)

Completed TM7- Printed 2 sided. 
Passport-

Passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, current extension and all other pages that have something for Thailand on it.
TM6 departure card COPY
Bring my Bank book-

COPY of bank book pages for the last three months. (Provided by the bank)
COPY of Bank book ID page
Letter from Bank confirming balance and statement. 

Photos- 1 required, 2 would be best, just in case 4 X 6 cm.
Proof of residence, and a COPY of the rental contract.

Is proof of residence on a folder piece of paper stapled into the passport?

If so, do I also need a copy?

Foreign National Information Form

Fee baht 1,900

Edited by charliebadenhop
  • Confused 1

You only need one 4 X 6 photo attached to the TM7 application form.

Proof of residence at many office would be a rental agreement with signed copies of you the owner's house book and ID card.

Some offices call the TM30 report a residence report. There would be a slip in your passport to prove that has been done.

Many things vary from office to office.

I have not seen any reports of offices wanting a foreign national information form for a long time now.

11 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Ok, I didn't know that only 2 months prior to extension and 3 months afterward.

Thanks.

A new rule went into effect  on March 1st that changed it.

After the 3 months after at 800k baht it can be reduced to 400k baht up the day you top it up at least 2 months before you next application.

It now 2 months before and 3 months after that the 800k baht needs to be in the bank.

Ubonjoe, I am a little bit confused here, I can understand 2 months before, but I am unable to make sense of the 3 months after rule. Why because, after one gets a one year extension stamped on the passport, what difference does it make to have the 800K for 3 months " After "

Is it 3 months after the extension from the prior years extension. Forgive my stupidity for not understanding what was mentioned in the post while everyone seems to have understood. Thanks

After the 3 months after at 800k baht it can be reduced to 400k baht up the day you top it up at least 2 months before you next application.

I understand the 400 K rule and the top up 2 months before the extension application rule.  Still confused where and in what context does the 3 months after the 800K fit in

You are now required to show the balance is unchanged 90 days after the extension has been granted.

Therefore 2 months before and 3 after - 5 months at FULL balance. Failure to do so may result in your extension being cancelled.

5 minutes ago, Ravi98008 said:

Still confused where and in what context does the 3 months after the 800K fit in

This from the police order changing the requirements.

image.png.c91f6efd1e803f3b783c810c0511d6a9.png

Edited by ubonjoe
changed to correct screenshot

7 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

So it seems that you have to bring your bank book with you at the first 90 day extension. Yes?

Not all offices are wanting people go to back after 3 months with your updated bank book. Others state it will be checked when you apply for your next extension.

It is not required when you do your 90 day reports (they are not extensions).

• Thanks 1

So based on what Ubonjoe post of the immigration rule. I am in trouble.  In the sense, when I go back for my 90 day reporting, the immigration may if they wanted to can challenge me to prove the 800 K requirement along with the 90 reporting, And if they do so, they can technically revoke my 2019-2020 April extension because my balance went below 800K on March 26th to April 10th .  But the part that is (debatable) wierd is my extension was from April 16 2019 to April 16 2020.  So where do I stand in a situation like this in the immigration officer point of view. The issue or question is my balance never went down between April 16 2019 and onwards going forward if I keep my balance 800K all the time till 16 April 2020.  I accidentally went below 800K before the time frame of my one year extension.IMG20190320130748.thumb.jpg.49c90b87aea3ac10302e6f50ec8dc43a.jpg

IMG20190416181008.jpg

Edited by Ravi98008
Added more notes

25 minutes ago, Ravi98008 said:

So based on what Ubonjoe post of the immigration rule. I am in trouble.  In the sense, when I go back for my 90 day reporting, the immigration may if they wanted to can challenge me to prove the 800 K requirement along with the 90 reporting,

If Chiang Mai immigration did not tell you to return in 3 months you have nothing to worry about.

They will not ask for your bank book when you do 90 day reports.

The small amount you went below 800k for a few days may not be a problem when you apply for a new extension next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If Chiang Mai immigration did not tell you to return in 3 months you have nothing to worry about.

The small amount you went below 800k for a few days may not be a problem when you apply for a new extension next year.

And he can do his 90 day reports by mail or possibly online.

2 hours ago, Ravi98008 said:

It now 2 months before and 3 months after that the 800k baht needs to be in the bank.

Ubonjoe, I am a little bit confused here, I can understand 2 months before, but I am unable to make sense of the 3 months after rule. Why because, after one gets a one year extension stamped on the passport, what difference does it make to have the 800K for 3 months " After "

Is it 3 months after the extension from the prior years extension. Forgive my stupidity for not understanding what was mentioned in the post while everyone seems to have understood. Thanks

You will quickly realise that "why" is the most pointless question.

You are not required or expected to understand "why". And if you occasionally do understand, what difference does it make?

• Like 1

Chiang Mai immigration did not tell you to return in 3 months you have nothing to worry about.

The small amount you went below 800k for a few days may not be a problem when you apply for a new extensionnext year.

To Ubonjoe and all senior members who have helped me, a total stranger, with instant answers. All I can say is and believe that Good karma accumulated through good deeds is priceless and invincible. One gets to redeem them even without one's knowledge. Peace & Love.  Living in Thailand and familiar with the religious beliefs here, I am sure everyone knows what I just said, but had to mention it for the record to express how much I appreciate....

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Don't you get sick & tired of saying this Joe?

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

In April last year Charliebadenhop posted his retirement visa application process. I followed the same steps and got my one year extension which is due for renewal in April 2020. The extension I am planning to apply in January 2020.  I have the financial part taken care of, a fixed deposit account with 800K sitting in the bank account since April 2019.  Proof of residency. Home address location map image. Photo copies of all passport pages plus any stapled pieces of doc's. Photo copies of all Bank passbook pages.  Letter from Bank vouching the presence of the funds, 800K.  Of course the necessary immigration forms that I would be asked to fill out and complete on the day I arrive at the immigration office.  Did I miss anything. I would like to ask the members of the Forum to please kindly guide me through this process. Thank you all very much for all your help and support I received over the past one year of my stay here in Chiang Mai.