American, Thai partner in hiding, fearful of charges for seastead south of Phuket

webfact

Nearly every country with a sea boundary have territorial claims well beyond the '12 mile limit'. This includes mineral rights and fishing rights. These claimed rights often extend out to the edge of the continental shelf (or if you are China or Russia, nearly entire seas and oceans!).

No country is going to passively allow territorial claims within these zones. You have to work with the governments involved.

22 hours ago, johng said:

Didn't you read the

"The section concerns any acts that cause the country or parts of it to fall under the sovereignty of a foreign state or deterioration of the state’s independence. It is punishable by death or life imprisonment."

Death or life imprisonment !

All very well, but..... is it likely that this wee little occupied buoy actually  “cause the country or parts of it to fall under the sovereignty of a foreign state or deterioration of the states independence”?

why they not go after the companies and people that helped him?

im sure he didnt dream the concept and built it himself?

yes, its the same old story, he is stupid for believing thais who told him 

" yes, can do, no problem"

Really you have to cringe EVERY time some stupid farang outlays money in a ridiculous project in Thailand.

I really dont know whats worse,

-not doing research and believing the Thai con men or even worse..some woman with a 6th grade education

or

- thinking you are the big farang whos gonna make a lot of money.

but this project was never gonna get to far in this political climate.

its probably the most ridiculous and stupid idea (or con) ive ever heard and i have heard many

3 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

im sure he didnt dream the concept and built it himself?

According to what he's said he both didn't build it and doesn't own it at all.

He was just staying there as a guest.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

According to what he's said he both didn't build it and doesn't own it at all.

He was just staying there as a guest.

Or was  that  "resident Sales Person" ?

I  have no problem  with the  concept. Yet if such schemes contravene  or are not promoted  with  the  co operation  of territorial authorities  either in proximity  or territorial  dispute then  it goes  beyond the  "concept". 

Despite the video which came across as a  virtuous  declaration  of  right  to quite simply  establish with oceanic territorial immunity in  international waters  it was primarily a sales pitch which gave the impression these two were more than  just  guests.

I hope  they escape  any further  persecution for the folly.

Maybe they have returned  to similar oceanic lifestyle  off the coast of Australia.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:22 AM, stevenl said:
On 4/16/2019 at 4:13 AM, johng said:

Didn't you read the

"The section concerns any acts that cause the country or parts of it to fall under the sovereignty of a foreign state or deterioration of the state’s independence. It is punishable by death or life imprisonment."

Death or life imprisonment !

Yes, read that. But no way something like that would happen.

Would you bet your life or your freedom that you wouldn't be made an example of? 

I certainly wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Would you bet your life or your freedom that you wouldn't be made an example of? 

I certainly wouldn't.

No idea what I would do, I don't see how I could get into a situation like this.

Archived