Moving to Canada with Thai family

I’ve been searching for a couple weeks about the process is for bringing my Thai wife and son back to Canada but I keep finding conflicting answers. 

Our marriage was registered in 2016 in Thailand. My son already has Thai/Canadian citizenship.

My wife is 42. She was married before to a wealthy Thai guy but the marriage ended due to abuse/cheating. She doesn’t really have any money saved. Around 300,000baht. But she doesn’t really have any work experience due to her ex being quite wealthy. 

Does anyone have any current information on which steps to allow us to move to Canada? 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, UASCB500BIKER said:

Too Dam  cold she will Hate IT  !!!!

You'd be surprised how tolerant they are of cold. Think how many of them work in South Korea, and that's frikkin cold in the winter!

Canada is a big place, so the winters are highly variable. 

If he's moving to Vancouver for example, that's pretty mild.

Now we live in Western South Dakota, which isn't as harsh as the eastern prairie part of the State, and my wife loves the snow.

Then again she grew up as a teenager in Chicago, so I guess her calibration is a bit different!  

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty straightforward actually.

When I did it, there was a 2 step application.

1) to see if you qualify to sponsor her

2) if she qualifies.

You can download the application on line. Pretty easy to fill out and you don't need to hire a consultant.

For us the application took less than a year and thats with me making some mistakes too.

The CDN government doesn't really care about her assets. It's more on you being the sponsor. You will be responsible for her for 3 years. If she goes on welfare, social assistance etc. The government will collect from YOU.

Since you guys have a child together, it is almost 100% guaranteed that she will be approved for a PR.

Depending on where you guys move there should be "newcomers services" available. Free English lessons etc. Take advantage of it, it will help her make friends and learn canadianese (culture, her rights etc).

Work wise for her will be difficult. She will need to re-train herself. Also she will need to get rid of the Thai mindset that looks down on certain work/workers. Lol tell her the bus drivers here make at least 60k per year.

• 1 year later...

Hello, after asking for information about going to Canada we kind of put it on hiatus. We are still wanting to go to Canada. We have a 2nd child now and I think it’s best if we go there. However, covid quarantine has thrown a monkey wrench into things.

Can we apply in Thailand for a Canadian Spousal visa, or must we go to Singapore?

Archived