Kasikorn Web Shopping card renewal

I read a few posts saying it would auto-renew, sadly mine didn't  Applied again online and they issued a new set of details, not sure why they didn't just extend the date on the old one.  My accounts section now shows I have two, the current one and the expired one.  Can't be bothered yet to call and ask if the old one can / will be deleted.  Same as I have an old account from Chiang Mai a few years ago, closed but still appears on the list.  Could well end up with a long list of expired Kweb cards if they don't auto-renew and they don't delete them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Question for K-Web users: the card doesn't seem to have an a/c holder name on it, so how does that work when using with an online merchant form that includes a field for cardholder name?

I have used my K/K card (Without name) several times to book hotels and buy things off the internet, never had a problem. Seems they are not interested in your name just the bank Acc: details.  The only thing with my card is that the bank wont sanction anything over 20th bt. So you will have to pay it with 2 goes. Bit like getting monies from an ATM they only give 20th at one time. If you want more you have to have several goes.

Re getting a new card just go into your bank with your bank book and passport. Tell them you want a new one and they do it while you wait, there is a small charge. You just change your pin No: in the ATM to the one you had before. N/B all new cards have a 6 No: pin. Not the old 4. The old one will automatically be cancelled.  

Edited by fredob43

Some posts above seem to be confusing the K-web shopping card (a virtual card whose number and other details are accessed through online banking) with the visa debit card.

The K-web shopping card definitely does have an account holder name, as well as all other details a credit card would have. The only thing missing is the physical card itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, SooKee said:

I read a few posts saying it would auto-renew, sadly mine didn't  Applied again online and they issued a new set of details, not sure why they didn't just extend the date on the old one.  My accounts section now shows I have two, the current one and the expired one.

Exact same for me.

I had asked beforehand via the contact form and was told to apply for a new one.

(I hadn't asked about auto renew and also got no hint on that)

Just checked again and the expired one (12/18) is now finally vanished. Took more than three months for sure.

The new one expires 12/20.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, SooKee said:

I read a few posts saying it would auto-renew, sadly mine didn't  Applied again online and they issued a new set of details, not sure why they didn't just extend the date on the old one.  My accounts section now shows I have two, the current one and the expired one.  Can't be bothered yet to call and ask if the old one can / will be deleted.  Same as I have an old account from Chiang Mai a few years ago, closed but still appears on the list.  Could well end up with a long list of expired Kweb cards if they don't auto-renew and they don't delete them.

The debit card they gave me is about 30 bux a year or something. I wonder if you are still paying fees for the old card still in the system.

• 11 months later...
On 5/1/2019 at 11:35 PM, scoutman360 said:

I just use my Kbank ATM/VISA card for everything. I don't see the logic in getting another card that will do the same thing that I already have.

Oh, the K-Web card definitely has a specific use. First, no one can see your card number, unlike the physical ATM card, which can be photographed by a thief. Secondly, I like the fact that I can set the transaction limit to zero, (meaning no transaction allowed) on the banks' website. Actually all types of cards' transaction limit can be adjusted in the mobile app. But I don't like using the mobile app, it's less secure. I always re-install it if I need to use it.