BANGKOK 25 April 2019 03:51
MaximGallo

Kasikorn Web Shopping card renewal

Hi everyone,

my K-web shopping card expires 04/19 and I was wondering how do I renew it? 

Should I suspend my current card and apply for a new one or it will be renewed automatically and I should just wait? 

thanks. 

Wait to see if it is, if not, then re-apply. 😁

I dont remember ever having to re-apply.

I read a few posts saying it would auto-renew, sadly mine didn't  Applied again online and they issued a new set of details, not sure why they didn't just extend the date on the old one.  My accounts section now shows I have two, the current one and the expired one.  Can't be bothered yet to call and ask if the old one can / will be deleted.  Same as I have an old account from Chiang Mai a few years ago, closed but still appears on the list.  Could well end up with a long list of expired Kweb cards if they don't auto-renew and they don't delete them.

Question for K-Web users: the card doesn't seem to have an a/c holder name on it, so how does that work when using with an online merchant form that includes a field for cardholder name?

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Question for K-Web users: the card doesn't seem to have an a/c holder name on it, so how does that work when using with an online merchant form that includes a field for cardholder name?

I have used my K/K card (Without name) several times to book hotels and buy things off the internet, never had a problem. Seems they are not interested in your name just the bank Acc: details.  The only thing with my card is that the bank wont sanction anything over 20th bt. So you will have to pay it with 2 goes. Bit like getting monies from an ATM they only give 20th at one time. If you want more you have to have several goes.

Re getting a new card just go into your bank with your bank book and passport. Tell them you want a new one and they do it while you wait, there is a small charge. You just change your pin No: in the ATM to the one you had before. N/B all new cards have a 6 No: pin. Not the old 4. The old one will automatically be cancelled.  

Edited by fredob43