BANGKOK 25 April 2019 02:47

Hi everyone,

This has probably been covered here before but do Thai nationals have to register their address?

For example, if someone stays with me overnight or on vacation should they register and, if so, who with?!

Thanks for any useful information.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

If you are a Thai national and a foreigner comes to stay in your owned residence for more then 24h, then you should report his presence by filling out the TM30 form with your immigration office or police station.

The visiting person can report himself as well but should be handed the proper documents.

Although it was reported that the enforcement of this requirement can be different in each province.

Edited by LongTang

Thank you for that. If you are a foreigner, legally (TM28 TM30) registered at a condo and and a Thai national comes to stay in your rented residence, what are your obligations?
Many thanks for any useful info.

23 minutes ago, orientfan said:

Thank you for that. If you are a foreigner, legally (TM28 TM30) registered at a condo and and a Thai national comes to stay in your rented residence, what are your obligations?
Many thanks for any useful info.

None. You don’t not have to register a Thai national.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LongTang said:

If you are a Thai national and a foreigner comes to stay in your owned residence for more then 24h, then you should report his presence by filling out the TM30 form with your immigration office or police station.

The visiting person can report himself as well but should be handed the proper documents.

Although it was reported that the enforcement of this requirement can be different in each province.

So a foreigner doesn't have to report another foreigner if they stay at the 1st foreigners residence? Only if it's a Thai national having a foreigner stay?

44 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So a foreigner doesn't have to report another foreigner if they stay at the 1st foreigners residence?

All foreigners must be reported to immigration. It does not matter if the owner is a foreigner or Thai. If the owner is a foreigner, he also must report himself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orientfan said:

Thank you very much ELVIAJERO. Does everyone agree with that?

Yes 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LongTang said:

Its really sad to see how much Fear, uncertainty and doubt this whole 24hrs reporting is putting into people..

Is this why, along with the increase in retirement money, BJ got the boot?

Edited by MJKT2014

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:
6 hours ago, LongTang said:

Its really sad to see how much Fear, uncertainty and doubt this whole 24hrs reporting is putting into people..

I seriously doubt our concerns carry that sort of weight.  The increased workload on IOs may have been a factor, absent significant increased agent-revenue resulting from the effort - but likely some unrelated power-play within factions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

No.

Stricter enforcement of the reporting laws started long before BJ arrived, and is mostly a reaction to the Bangkok bombing.

Retirement money was not increased and I doubt if the new minimum balance requirement was anything to do with him; and it certainly isn’t a reason for booting him out.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

What documentation is required for a TM28 as I will be reporting myself, the owner lives abroad.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Retirement money was not increased

Eh? I've now got to keep 400k in the bank all year around which was spending money before. If that's not an increase I don't know what is?

• Like 1

Just now, WorriedNoodle said:

Eh? I've now got to keep 400k in the bank all year around which was spending money before. If that's not an increase I don't know what is?

You have always needed 800K PLUS whatever you spend during the year. If you draw down the full 800K — as you suggest — you need to replace it prior to year two.

There is no increase!

• Like 1