Country returning to  undemocratic rule, warns senior Pheu Thai figure

webfact

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

terminate article 44

While Article 44 expires with the installed new government, NCPO's Orders will not!

Section 279 of the 2017 Constitution requires that revoking or amending the NCPO's orders must be done by issuing legislation as NCPO Orders have the force of law. The Phalang Pracharat party might be a major obstacle to such changes; thus, perpetuating military policies.

27 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Politicians here, when in power, regardless of party affiliation, always seem to assume that they are making laws and rules which everyone else must follow, not themselves.

The "do as we say not as we do" syndrome and the belief the chosen ones are above and beyond the law!

That's surely a natural tendency in Thailand. However, depending on the political colour, they will be convicted or not. In particular the green/yellow are practically never convicted, while the others are, sometime on ridiculous charges

I know you are obsessed by the Shins, so I will only mention the current ridiculous charges against FFP members that may well get them convicted.

Nothing will ever happen to the Junta or the PPP, even if the opposition succeeds to form a government.

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

These people just can't seem to do anything important properly. How is it possible that they so consistently mess everything up? Very impressive, actually.

It's hundreds of years of cultivation in action. I remember some one here quoted what I think was a Chinese letter from a few hundred years ago, where he described Thais as "lazy and unable to learn" or something along those lines. It's the culture, stupid! (Stealing that one off Bill).

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Democracy in most Western countries is certainly facing some challenges.

Depends on how you look at it. I see the rise of right as a healthy backlash against the liberal left that's allowed large scale immigration to dilute local cultures. Too late in many cases. The people are having their say and that is democracy.

Now the brexit farce where the governament basically refuses to execute the election result .. that's a real problem. Begone already, ye islanders!

Thailand has never had democratic rule, even under ptp they did as they pleased to suit thaksin and never the people, they were there to line their pockets/bank accounts just as every other govt has. I seriously doubt we will ever see democratic rule here, all they are interested in is doing what makes themselves and their families richer, the people come a poor second always, this coming from the ptp is simply a joke  even if it is correct as it describes their own party perfectly as well as all the others

Just now, seajae said:

Thailand has never had democratic rule, even under ptp they did as they pleased to suit thaksin and never the people, they were there to line their pockets/bank accounts just as every other govt has. I seriously doubt we will ever see democratic rule here, all they are interested in is doing what makes themselves and their families richer, the people come a poor second always, this coming from the ptp is simply a joke  even if it is correct as it describes their own party perfectly as well as all the others

of course!  it's Thaksin...Thaksin... Thaksin...   lol

14 minutes ago, seajae said:

Yet PTP and their past affiliated parties won very elections in last decade with all the obstacles they have to overcome. They may not be the perfect party but they have better legacies in helping the marginalized population than all parties including establishment friendly parties and that’s reasons they win elections. But you do have the right to comment and not be intimidated; that’s democracy. 

“We cannot keep going without a government; it will affect the national administration and international confidence,” he said, continuing to argue for a national unity government as the solution.

Amusing. International confidence in Thailand disappeared with the army takeover. It was never regained, as the administration has been the most inept in decades. And the national administration? What administration? You mean the one that has sabotaged the tourism industry, dropped all safety standards, allowed human trafficking and illegal fishing to prosper, and not tackled corruption on any meaningful level? That one? Few want the army. Yet, they desperately cling to power.

Nothing will change after the elections. There was never a democratic way Thailand was walking on and the junta will stay in charge forever as the people not recognized the months before election that Prajut did everything to stay in power. POOR THAILAND !!

Thailand has been under marshall rule for decades.

When I consider that fact, I can't help but feel very uneasy. 

In a heartbeat I could be arrested on a fictitious charge, have my possessions taken and thrown into prison! 

Now that is a scary thought. 

7 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

In a heartbeat, I could be arrested on a fictitious charge, have my possessions etc taken and thrown into prison! 

what nonsense ....  so do you go through everyday thinking and worrying that you maybe arrested at anytime. 

If so, you need to lighten up  ! 

get out on the piss for a day .... 

you worry to mut  !!

In a heartbeat I could be arrested on a fictitious charge, have my possessions taken and thrown into prison! 

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Fine point, but that's not really democracy. Political parties win votes based on their manifestos. Coalitions require parties to compromise their promises contained in their manifestos. There is an implicit assumption that the electorate who voted for them won't mind. 

Coalitions and PR seem to go hand-in-hand and have led to huge numbers of failed governments in some EU member states, and even periods of no government for some.

Tricky, as we have recently seen.

Maybe we need to read up on democracy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy to be aware that without it and we had not been sitting here in "paradise" hitting the keyboard discussing "retirement and visa rules" ????

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

While Article 44 expires with the installed new government, NCPO's Orders will not!

Section 279 of the 2017 Constitution requires that revoking or amending the NCPO's orders must be done by issuing legislation as NCPO Orders have the force of law. The Phalang Pracharat party might be a major obstacle to such changes; thus, perpetuating military policies.

Of course this representatieve of a highly democratic party speaking out of his highly democratic heart is highly opposed to anything not being in line with his highly democratic party thatis led by a hugely democratic figure through the spreading of "wealth" to his very democratic followed.

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

You'd better stop posting here on TV as well.    lol

1 hour ago, Bipolar said:

o what if they are corrupted...show me one politician who is really clean.

I totally agree with what you said. I appreciate Thailand and what it does for me .... sadly some farang don't see that and just wanna whinge at anything and everything. I guess they've been burnt and now have a chip on their shoulder.

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

And I have a headache from the constant whinging and whining about Thailand. Must be terrible to have to stay in such a horrible place. :whistling:

Who said I didn't like it here ? I have a perfectly wonderful life here at the moment, the only thing that spoils it is all you junta boys hoping to get a free extension because of the ass you lick.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I totally agree with what you said. I appreciate Thailand and what it does for me .... sadly some farang don't see that and just wanna whinge at anything and everything. I guess they've been burnt and now have a chip on their shoulder.

Stevo, if you stayed on topic, you'd see the OP is about a senior Pheu Thai figure that is whinging!

On 4/17/2019 at 3:18 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Therein lies the problem.

They are making their own laws to suit their on agenda !

And, it is not 'returning' to undemocratic rule, it is 'STAYING' as undemocratic rule.

For years already.

Started when TS went into politics.

He was the one who was ok with corruption, took care of 2000+ murders, paid for votes, threatened those not liking him, misused his function for personal gain, wanted gwailos out, etc.

PT, TRT, all parts of the TS holding.

You think that was democracy?

6 hours ago, hansnl said:

For years already.

Started when TS went into politics.

He was the one who was ok with corruption, took care of 2000+ murders, paid for votes, threatened those not liking him, misused his function for personal gain, wanted gwailos out, etc.

PT, TRT, all parts of the TS holding.

You think that was democracy?

The foolish statement "started when TS went into politics" exposes your ignorance, inanity and prejudices.

The entire world knows that Thailand under TRT, PPP and PTP was a democracy just as they know that what Thailand is experiencing now is not democracy.

You'd better start researching Future Forward because in the years ahead you'll be on here justifying the junta by prattling on about the new bogeyman Thanathorn.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:39 AM, Kasset Tak said:

And frankly, Sverigedemokraterna would probably be the largest party in Sweden if you count away the migrants (25% of the population) that now have voting rites in Sweden!!!
That's democracy?!?!

That's what you get for inviting incompatible, backwards countries & cultures in your country with open arms and give them the same rights as the original citizens who built the country over centuries.

Archived