Burglar drowns Pomeranian before stealing computer, cash in Udon Thani

webfact

Burglar drowns Pomeranian before stealing computer, cash in Udon Thani

By The Nation

68857974be12576b384d75d585151ad9.jpeg

A university student in Udon Thani returned from celebrating Songkran late on Monday night to find her four-month-old Pomeranian drowned in a water bin and her boyfriend’s notebook computer and cash stolen.

The Muang Udon Thani police station was alerted of the crimes at 12.10am on Tuesday.

The dog was owned by Monthira Anthapanya, 21, who told police she had locked it inside her rented room while she went out to participate in water-splashing play with friends. Her boyfriend, Nattawut Jongnok, 21, also went out to splash water with a different group of friends.

Police said the burglar broke into the room via a glass window at the rear. The thief first drowned the dog in the toilet’s water bin before making off with Nattawut’s notebook computer worth Bt23,000 and Bt4,500 in cash.

Nattawut told police that Monthira had left to splash water early in the evening, while he went to play music at a restaurant to earn extra income.

He said he then returned to the rented room at 9pm and the room had not yet been broken into. He said he left again to play with water and his girlfriend later came back to the room before he returned, and she found the dog dead.

Police said the thief apparently killed the dog because it would not stop barking.

Police said they would check security-camera footage in the neighbourhood to identify the thief.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367791

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-17

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

How do they know that the dog was drowned because it was barking. Dead dogs tell no tales.

Thai cops very often ascribe motives to crimes with very little evidence. It seems part of the police-reporter relationship. It appears to be required for the police to maintain their status as the authoritative party or their ego. The reporters then eagerly and obediently report it as fact.

You are correct to point out the practice is ridiculous.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Police should look no further than the boyfriend.

Keeping a young dog in a room, not toilet trained... Yuk.

How do you know it was toilet trained??

Evidence towards the boyfriend is??

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Some sad people on here.

A pedigree pup is killed by some low life and people jump to conclusions or find it amusing.

The person responsible should receive similar treatment. 

Pedigree pup? In Udon?

You must be barking.

Set him before me, snd I will slit him from the nave to the chops. If there's one thing that knocks me out of my apathy, it's cruelty to animals. Mostly though, I don't give a damn. Yeah, I know, I should be more worried about cruelty to children, but I've basically given up on the human race.

Sorry but I had to laugh, I hate those RAT dogs. My wife has two of them and if someone can put me in touch with the burglar, I have a little job for him when he gets out of the nick.

Every time I see those bloody dogs, I think about the Tom Waits song with the Chihuahua called Carlos with a skin disease where Frank burns down the house with a gallon of gas with his wife and dog still in it...."Never could stand that dog"

"

Frank's Wild Years

Well Frank settled down in the Valley
and he hung his wild years
on a nail that he drove through
his wife's forehead
he sold used office furniture
out there on San Fernando Road
and assumed a $30,000 loan
at 15 _ % and put a down payment
on a little two bedroom place
his wife was a spent piece of used jet trash
made good bloody marys
kept her mouth shut most of the time
had a little Chihuahua named Carlos
that had some kind of skin disease
and was totally blind. They had a thoroughly modern kitchen
self-cleaning oven (the whole bit)
Frank drove a little sedan
they were so happy

One night Frank was on his way home
from work, stopped at the liquor store,
picked up a couple Mickey's Big Mouths
drank 'em in the car on his way
to the Shell station, he got a gallon of
gas in a can, drove home, doused
everything in the house, torched it,
parked across the street, laughing
watching it burn, all Halloween
orange and chimney red then
Frank put on a top forty station
got on the Hollywood Freeway
headed North

Never could stand that dog

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 9:02 PM, Gecko123 said:

Thai women...they certainly love their foreign dogs.

You think if I put a collar around my neck and started running around on all fours it would improve my chances with the ladies?

If you looked like this, I doubt it, although some may be kind enough to throw a ball for you.

Image result for sexy man with a dog collar round his neck

Archived