Getting from Don Muang to Jomtien on 4/19

soistalker

I usually use Mr. Taxi (Mr. T). But he said they are not working this Friday. I sometimes use Nuttawat, but they also are not working on Friday. I dont know Don Muang very well. I guess there is a taxi stand there, but I dont want to get ripped off right at the start of my trip. 

Does anyone know a taxi service that will charge close to 1400, which is what it should cost?

I know of 2 other Pattaya based taxi service companies that are also closed on April 18 and 19.  Not sure if they just want to party in Pattaya or they don't want to deal with the mess of Pattaya Songkran for the final 2 crazy days.

It might be worth considering doing what I am doing as I also arrive on the 19th, I am staying in Bangkok overnight and will get picked up on the 20th at my Hotel by Bells travel and taken home (Pattaya) for 370 Baht in the morning.

I have lived here 15 years- definitely be ready to be ripped off between 1700-2000 baht and play “Russian roulette “ without knowing if the driver is a safe, logical driver or an “arse-hole” ready to play games with you such as pretending his car doesn’t work after he goes through the first toll booth & calls up his “friend of a friend” to take you to Pattaya in his private old car looking like he’s on yaba 2am in the morning. ( Happened to me once)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Best to spend the night in bangkok as mentioned. You might get in late, that is if you leave bangkok after 7pm but there are still traffic jams in Pattaya late into the night especially on roads exiting pattaya to sukumvit. If you found transport late, best chance would be going down Rail road road to jomtien off the express way. 

Archived