Online plea as 14 year old Thai boy goes missing from Tokyo hotel

webfact

Online plea as 14 year old Thai boy goes missing from Tokyo hotel

screenshot_9057.jpg

Caption: Thai boy missing in Tokyo

Facebook user Yuwajitra Watchara-arpa appealed for help after a 14 year old boy went missing from a downtown Tokyo hotel on Monday night. 

Some 22 hours later after CCTV footage caught him wandering towards the lift at the Mercure Tokyo Ginza hotel no one has seen him, reported Thai Rath. 

The family arrived on Monday at 2pm and checked in. 

Thian Sukhanonsawat was seen on hotel CCTV at 11.35 pm.

He was wearing night clothes and hotel slippers. He is 162 cms tall and weighs 42 kilos. 

He had no jacket, no money, no phone and no ticket to go anywhere.

Police used sniffer dogs using the scent from his shoes but to no avail. 

The parents are appealing for help in finding their son. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-17

poor boy ..... I hope they locate him soon.

Japan is considerablY safer than most other Asian countries so I expect he just went for a walk to look around and ended up lost. Difficult if he cannot speak English or Japanese.

Where were the parents when their son opened the door of the hotel room they were staying in ?? Since the boy didn’t have a jacket on and had hotel slippers on he probably wasn’t going too far. Hopefully some sick pervert didn’t abduct him into his/her room.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, toenail said:

Where were the parents when their son opened the door of the hotel room they were staying in ?? Since the boy didn’t have a jacket on and had hotel slippers on he probably wasn’t going too far. Hopefully some sick pervert didn’t abduct him into their room.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I would hope he's just walked off looking around and got lost. You rarely hear of those types in Japan, it's not pattaya.

Latest : Missing Thai boy in Japan found dead

By The Nation

5737d421f1e3b4e555202c4d070c8326.jpeg

Photo : Hokkaido Fanclub

The mother of a Thai teenage boy who went missing in Tokyo on Monday wrote on her Facebook wall that she has found her son but that he had passed away. 

Yuwajitra Watchara-arpa did not reveal the cause of the death of Tien Sukanonsawat, 14, on the social network, saying merely that he had passed peacefully from an “unexpected accident”.

The mother thanked everybody for helping to find her son. She however asked for privacy following his death, saying the family would not answer any queries or contacts.

Tien went missing on Monday night, not longer after he and his family arrived in Tokyo for a holiday His parents stayed in one room and their three children, Tien among them, shared another room.

After her mother found out that her son had gone missing, she alerted police and asked to see the hotel’s security video footage. 

CCTV footage showed the boy leaving the hotel room on the fifth floor in the middle of the night and walking towards an elevator in his night clothes and hotel slippers.

His mother turned to Facebook to seek help in locating her son. She said the boy had no money, mobile phone or transportation pass cards.

Her post went viral and was shared by many Facebook users including the Thai Embassy in Tokyo and the Thai communities in Japan.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367812

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-17

3 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

Sleep walking maybe? Very sad.

That might make some sense I suppose. But if so, I would assume the parents would have known he had a history of sleep walking, but not mentioned. In any case, what a tragedy. 

Kids can and will panic being away in strange hotels especially, if they (and siblings) were in a different room to parents.   I sense desperation in perhaps the needed to do something to protect his siblings.  

Japanese society is full of sick sex perverts who would put our friendly Thai sex mongers to shame..... and Japan also has large implanted dangerous mafia clans. Those having lived in Tokyo know what I am talking about.

Hope the poor lad is found safe and sound. We all remember the Maddie issue in Portugal that remains unsolved till this day.

Japanese society is full of sick sex perverts who would put our friendly Thai sex mongers to shame..... and Japan also has large implanted dangerous mafia clans. Those having lived in Tokyo know what I am talking about.

Hope the poor lad is found safe and sound. We all remember the Maddie issue in Portugal that remains unsolved till this day.
He is dead.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

He has been found, but not safe and sound. They should update the headline of this article.

Something very odd here.  I get why authorities are reluctant to jump to conclusions as to the cause of death. However, to say nothing at all about what happened after the boy got in the elevator is very odd.  No mention if he even left the hotel or what location or circumstances he was found.  It’s a terrible tragedy but something is just off about this (or the reporting). 

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

This must be a very worrying time for mum and hope the lad turns up safe and sound ???? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Yuwajitra Watchara-arpa did not reveal the cause of the death of Tien Sukanonsawat, 14, on the social network, saying merely that he had passed peacefully from an “unexpected accident”.

Not sure what post you're reading?

Something very odd here.  I get why authorities are reluctant to jump to conclusions as to the cause of death. However, to say nothing at all about what happened after the boy got in the elevator is very odd.  No mention if he even left the hotel or what location or circumstances he was found.  It’s a terrible tragedy but something is just off about this (or the reporting). 
Yes very odd. Either the reporting is very odd or the incident was very odd or both.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thai teen found dead in Tokyo was polite, well-mannered

By Suwanee Bandisak 
The Nation 
Surat Thani

6a153866fee42e5a38fecf437dfb16aa-sld.jpeg

Tien and his mother

Tien Sukanonsawat, a teenager who was found dead after disappearing in Tokyo on Monday, was described as well-mannered and polite. 

He had gone missing soon after he and his family checked into a Tokyo hotel on Monday night. After his mother posted a request on social media to help find him, Thai communities in the Japanese capital and back home got working on the job. 

Then on Wednesday morning, his mother posted a message on Facebook saying Tien’s body had been found and that he had died in an unexpected accident. She did not reveal the cause for his death and asked for privacy. 

Tien’s family owns Diamond Plaza Hotel, a major hotel in the southern province of Surat Thani.

Hotel staff told reporters that the hotel’s owner Suthee had two sons: Tien and Tan. 

“As the family was leaving the hotel to take a flight to Japan, Tien greeted all the staff and even bid the security guards goodbye with a ‘wai’,” a staff member said. 

Some family acquaintances told the reporter that the Sukanonsawat family was very close and always did things together.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367832

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-17

Wow...that is very sad indeed. 

When I first read it, I thought sleep walking...as what 14 year old kid walks around a hotel in his pajamas. Something just does not add up here. Perhaps the kid had mental illness. Could he had been lured away on social media. Very strange they don't say how the kid died. Anyone have a yahoo.com Japan feed? I would think it would be in the Japan press.

Now the Japanese authorities should find out why the boy disappeared and died. Then trade the results of their investigation in case the RTP manages to get their thumbs out and solve the 2007 Wat Saphan Hin, Sukhothai murder of Tomoko Kawashita - before the 20 year statutory expiry...

Archived