Foreign tourists told: Stop messing up our beautiful nature trail

webfact

Deciding that plot A of land should belong to company B and that company B can build ugly building C there might be considered a selfish act.  Painting a flower on the side of building C might be considered a random act of kindness...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Farangs = STOP GRAFFITI

Thais = STOP BURNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.  Seriously.  That Farang just carved an "I ❤️ you" that tree before I burned that shit right down!"  Arrest him and badmouth him on TV!

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Sure the Thai's also tag they are worse etc. etc. etc. They always single out farangs and do not clean up their own house. Sure, but...

I am the first to rant at Thailand.

But a bunch of farang rascals with their baseball caps and stupid behaviour, making idiotic tags sometimes historic monuments or some stupid I love you messages in public space, what is the final result ?

It just adds more hostility towards the decent foreigners either living or visiting Thailand.

And this is not a debate if the Thais are better or worse or whatever. It about young/old farang rascals who are indisciplined, deserve a good trashing in jail before being sent back home and banned until they get some brains.

Now of course if Banksy was in the game with a piece of his artwork, he is welcome to start with my home!

All that graffiti in the park will be a moot point as soon as the local forest arsonists light a fire to 'clear the forest floor of debris' in order to be able to collect mushrooms when the rains come.  Those signs and the graffiti will be so much charcoal.  The 'pristine' jungle just another burnt out shell.  The air a literal disaster zone.   :glare:  Bad foreigners, bad foreigners. 

Although I 'left the fold' as a teenager, a few words of wisdom stuck.  This comes to mind:
"Or how can you tell your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck of chaff that is in your eye, when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite. First remove the log from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck of chaff that is in your brother's eye."

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

Can you see the difference?
graf-11.jpgbeautiful_graffiti_061.jpg

They are as different as sea and sky.  Anyone can see the difference.  But deciding which is better and which should live or die?  That isn't for bitter old men on social media to decide.

1 hour ago, manhood said:

Sorry, but nice trails where in Thailand? Even in the National Parks mostly everything is rotten down due of lek of maintenance!!!!!! And for that they charge 200-400 bath. I don't visit any NP in Thailand anymore and force friends visiting Thailand to stay away!!

You have a nice bar then to slurp in with your chums....????

Hypocrites spend their lives cheating, betraying, conning, and deceiving. But despite this disgusting pattern of behavior, they still feel entitled to point out (or invent) the mistakes in others—and they’ll point them out repeatedly, to negate & excuse all of their own horrible actions.

14 minutes ago, a6patch said:

Deciding that plot A of land should belong to company B and that company B can build ugly building C there might be considered a selfish act.  Painting a flower on the side of building C might be considered a random act of kindness...

Are you 15 years of age...?

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Take a ride round the side streets of Jomtien....Thai tagging everywhere, dont see that advertised or even worse never cleaned.

it's only for FOREIGNERS to stop, they didn't ask the thais to stop messing it up

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it's only for FOREIGNERS to stop, they didn't ask the thais to stop messing it up

Well Thais do not scroll "I love you"....Might be "I love me" though..100%....????

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Park officials in Krabi in southern Thailand have implored foreign tourists to stop daubing a scenic nature trail in graffiti.

Don't worry, the annual road deaths, scammed on the beaches, and the currency conversion there won't be as many tourist as there once was!

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

Don't worry Krabi, you won't see and my family anymore....i have never seen a nice trail in Thailand, only very dangerous ones where i almost broke my wrist after falling from the rocks because there was nothing to hold on to.

I go to Thai national parks, pay 200 baht, and usually the only walking trails are in such poor condition that they are unusable. I know that most Thais do not like walking, but since people with white skin pay extra, it would be nice to maintain the trails for us.

2 hours ago, connda said:

This is terrible.  Thais people, even Thai youth, would never think of tagging pristine Thailand with graffiti.

Ok, and even should some wayward, foreigner influenced Thais tag a structure, everyone knows that Thais, especially Thai youth, are the salt of the Earth - just kids being kids; foreigners on the other hand are simply criminals.

images.jpeg.b3fbd6f14efcc98cb0b8123717325b87.jpeg

"Mother's Milk

Surely the Best"

Promotion for breast feeding? Hardly offensive.

1 hour ago, a6patch said:

Or you could do it like most of the world and try and be a bit inspirational and uplifting.

I am talking about Pattaya mate, ( the world class family resort, haha ) bit late for inspirational and uplifting for this place.

Idiots. No-one wants to know you were there, or that you love your latest squeeze.

I have a cure for graffitists. Scrub it off, or stay shackled in the sun on a diet of bread, water and cabbage until you do.

An inflammatory post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

An off topic post about climate change has been removed. 

Archived