Foreign tourists told: Stop messing up our beautiful nature trail

webfact

Yet another "anti foreigner" campaign. What these people have done is illegal, there are already laws in place, does it really need to be a news headline. This is one of the reasons i am moving out of this craphole, it is the most unwelcome place i have ever been and i dont want my son growing up around this anti foreigner mentality that is running right through society. What they did might be wrong but how is it there is no mention of Thais behaving badly? Not worth it, nothing special about thailand, time to leave for good!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Yet another "anti foreigner" campaign. What these people have done is illegal, there are already laws in place, does it really need to be a news headline. This is one of the reasons i am moving out of this craphole, it is the most unwelcome place i have ever been and i dont want my son growing up around this anti foreigner mentality that is running right through society. What they did might be wrong but how is it there is no mention of Thais behaving badly? Not worth it, nothing special about thailand, time to leave for good!

Your in for a shock. where ever you go you will always be a foreigner..unless its back to nanny state

....1000 accidents a day...50+ people die....???

...if it's a foreigner...it's front page news....???

....Question....

...graffiti....is there any Thai graffiti at these sites.....???

...Another Question....

....they obviously found this graffiti........???

...in English.....fine...let's say it was foreigners....???

....front page news...again...???

...then state how hard it is to find.....???

.....why not clean it up...there are products for that.....???

....and put up multilingual signs.....???

.....sorry......a long string of a question....

3 hours ago, bananafish said:

I'm from Ireland, when I see graffiti in the city I don't care much, when I see graffiti along nature trails it annoys me.

This is a concept I seem to share with Thai authorities, but completely boggles the minds of you lot. 

Yeah, some street art on a blank urban wall is cool, but trashing nature and historical stuff is a nono, Im with the Irish dude then.

4 hours ago, connda said:

This is terrible.  Thais people, even Thai youth, would never think of tagging pristine Thailand with graffiti.

Ok, and even should some wayward, foreigner influenced Thais tag a structure, everyone knows that Thais, especially Thai youth, are the salt of the Earth - just kids being kids; foreigners on the other hand are simply criminals.

images.jpeg.b3fbd6f14efcc98cb0b8123717325b87.jpeg

Yeah, but if it is written in a language other than Thai it is likely to a foreign tourist which should disappoint us all. The example shown were not in Thai.  As someone else said graffiti in cities we have come to accept, but on a nature trail in English, I wish I was there to kick ass.

5 hours ago, connda said:

This is terrible.  Thais people, even Thai youth, would never think of tagging pristine Thailand with graffiti.

Ok, and even should some wayward, foreigner influenced Thais tag a structure, everyone knows that Thais, especially Thai youth, are the salt of the Earth - just kids being kids; foreigners on the other hand are simply criminals.

images.jpeg.b3fbd6f14efcc98cb0b8123717325b87.jpeg

I've seen worse on desks at some of these high schools out here in Thailand. But yet, we always get the blame for some reason.

Funny, everywhere I look in Thailand there is trash.  You can’t ever be in one spot without seeing trash.  It’s a disgrace-like living in a dump-total lack of respect for their own country and environment.  What he is pointing out happens everywhere, and it gets removed, but other countries also have police that police 

11 hours ago, bananafish said:

I'm from Ireland, when I see graffiti in the city I don't care much, when I see graffiti along nature trails it annoys me.

This is a concept I seem to share with Thai authorities, but completely boggles the minds of you lot. 

I agree, I am from the USA and I am tired of listening to people in TV making excuses for poor behavior by foreigners. Sure there are Thais doing it also but that does not excuse someone else. Not only does graffiti deface an area but it is disrespectful punk behavior.

The article and title of this story are very misleading and likely intended to provoke the delicate sensibilities of foreigners unhappy with Thailand. My wife translated for me the original article in Sanook. It does not single out foreigners but simply notes what the reporter who visited the trail saw, which was graffiti in Thai as well as in other languages, and the copycat behavior park staff were concerned with. My wife and I have hiked this trail many times, and it is one of the most beautiful and spectacular trails I have encountered in Thailand. When we moved from Krabi last year the trail was still in great shape, with a new set of stairs to make the trail more accessible to the public. The park staff who maintain the trail were dedicated, friendly and from we could see, doing a great job keeping the trail in good working order. And its’ use was free of charge, with just a sign in register. What a shame to read it is being abused in this way. When we were there the great majority of hikers on the trail were foreign tourists from many different countries, so chances are most graffiti was from them. But that was not the point of the original article, which was that park staff were simply wanting people, foreign or not, to stop destroying the beauty of this amazing trail. And for those who cannot understand this basic and appropriate concern of the park officials, but would rather change the subject to what they want to believe is yet another example of foreigners being unfairly blamed, give it a break, grow up, get some perspective. And do your part to help keep Thailand clean and beautiful. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, fruitman said:

Don't worry Krabi, you won't see and my family anymore....i have never seen a nice trail in Thailand, only very dangerous ones where i almost broke my wrist after falling from the rocks because there was nothing to hold on to.

Do you expect handrails and marble staircases on your gold-plated treks?  This really is generation snowflake.

image.jpeg.73bfeed50e21cf92926e7ff556501dfc.jpeg

On 4/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, fruitman said:

Don't worry Krabi, you won't see and my family anymore....i have never seen a nice trail in Thailand, only very dangerous ones where i almost broke my wrist after falling from the rocks because there was nothing to hold on to.

Back to the safety rails and the safety net in the nanny state for you.

The comments here complaining about nature being natural are insane.

If you can't walk on a nature trail appropriately, blame God, not the Thai authorities. It is a NATURE trail for a reason. I have had the good luck of traversing multiple incredible trails in Khao Yai and Doi Suthep and pray that they don't become overrun by people who would destroy the natural aspects in favor of making the forest more like the city.

If you need sidewalks and guide rails to get around then there are lots of malls in Thailand, and I'm sure there are even fancy resorts with trees that will let you enjoy nature while not actually being natural. 

On 4/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, fruitman said:

You probably slipped on a discarded plastic bag.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:38 AM, fruitman said:

Meaning your wife was not within reach ... :whistling:

Archived