BANGKOK 19 April 2019 17:53
vibration

Thailand Elite Superiority Extension 20 Years

I am a British Citizen at present living in Udonthani (approx 15 years) on a Retirement Visa Extension and will be getting later this year a Thailand Elite Superiority Extension valid for 20 years (5 year renewable Tourist Visas x 4).

To be able to get my present Single Non-O Visa and Retirement Visa Extension cancelled I plan to travel to Singapore (Thai Airways) to stay one night from Suvarnabhumi Airport and be met by the Thailand Elite meet and greet staff both during departure from Suvarnabhumi Airport and return to Suvarnabhumi Airport with my Thai wife.

When I check in with Thai Airways at Changi Airport in Singapore I will no longer have a valid Visa to stay in Thailand and I will also not have a return Ticket from Thailand so my question is will I be allowed to board the flight to Thailand?

I plan to take with me documentation (approval letter for 20 year Thailand Elite Superiority Extension, confirmation email for the meet and greet service at Suvarnabhumi Airport, etc) proving that I will be getting the first of four 5 year renewable Tourist Visas in my Passport.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be easier to just fly to Bangkok, get the Thai Elite visa, fly back to Udon Thani and make a hop over the border at Nong Khai before your current retirement extension ends?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just fly to Bangkok, get the Thai Elite visa, fly back to Udon Thani and make a hop over the border at Nong Khai before your current retirement extension ends?

Immigration cannot issue a PE visa with a valid extension of stay. That is why he has to leave and re-enter the country to get a visa exempt entry.

• Like 2

Be aware that airport officials now view people with suspicion if they are only staying in the country for one night.  A poster here was questioned and chewed out in Malaysia.  The Norwegian woman in the video  was detained and questioned after she declared that she was only staying in New Zealand one night.  Both were allowed to stay and you shouldn't have any problem once you explain your situation.

Buy a cheap airline ticket to prove onward travel and throw it away when you get back to Thailand.

https://youtu.be/ZZWnKcvm5EI?t=244

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai should recognize your documents from Thai Elite and allow you to board your flight back to here. If they do ask to see a ticket out you  could ask for supervisor to get them to accept the Thai Elite paperwork.

Have you considered just doing a border hop at the bridge in Nong Khai for a visa exempt entry and then make an appointment to get your visa in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Many thanks Ubonjoe and all others for all help.

I did consider doing a border hop however the thought of having to go to Chaeng Wattana to get the Visa as opposed to a nice one night stay in Singapore with the Thai Elite meet and greet service at Suvarnabhumi Airport and getting the Visa at Suvarnabhumi Airport made me go for the latter option.

To be even more on the safe side I will contact Thai Airways and see if they can put a message when I book the tickets that can be read by Thai Airways in Singapore explaining why I do not need a return ticket from Thailand.

• Like 2

Is one of those scenarios with no clear rule, good chance no issue with elite paperwork evidence but I would have a cheap ticket online booking plan as belt and braces backup ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SEtonal said:

Buy a cheap airline ticket to prove onward travel and throw it away when you get back to Thailand.

Buy a full fair economy and get a refund when you are back in BKK.

• Like 2

concerned about having an onward ticket i also obtained one when going to vietnam but they never asked to even see it.  thailand will be a decent place to visit in the near future

• Like 1

The Singaporeans are very officious, so it would be good to have a letter from Thai Elite indicating that you will be receiving a Visa upon arrival and that your Visa Status is secure. 

That said - You could also purchase a fully refundable onward ticket and once in Thailand refund the ticket. 

And finally. I'm a Thai Elite member, but only got the Membership due to lack of viable alternatives in my early 30's (not married at the time, and not of retirement age). 

Thus, curiosity gets the better of me. Why would you get a Thai Elite Visa for 1MB (or 2 MB?). When the retirement Visa is a good option for a retiree?

• Like 1