Thailand Elite Superiority Extension 20 Years

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ah... that is a shame... Do you get the Free Golf, Massage ??

& in that case do you get the AOT transfer included? If so, limited to 20 times per year (which I suspect is ok for most members). 

In fact - I'm a regular traveller (used the AOT Trx 9 times this year already) so I think 20 per year is  a decent limit. 

No, it's "No Thrills" - You just get the Fast Track, Airport Lounge Access, TE Concierge (Bank accounts, Driving Licenses, 90 Day reporting, extensions etc...) & discounts at King Power etc... 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I think I get what you're trying to say... 

1. Visa 1 from 2020-2025
  2. 2025 - Border bounce just before Visa 1 expires & get another year
  3. 2026 - Get Visa 2 that you would have got in 2025...
  4. Repeat for Visa 2, 3 & 4

... but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way, when you go to get Visa 2 they will start it from the expiry of your 1st Visa (not the date your extended permission to stay ends) & it will expire in 2030 not 2031...

Interesting idea though ???? 

Lets put things in the right perspective...

You only get permission to stay based on TE membership as long as this membership is valid.

Getting an extension beyond that expiring date ?

The moment the membership seizes to exist, the same moment your extension gets invalid...
last entry just before expiring might be possible, wait and see the moment that someone can post an actual and factual update...

You won't get a visa sticker passed the expiring date from your membership payed for and the moment your membership expires, correct me if i am wrong, you can not get an extension of stay based on the ended membership..

my 2 cents

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only the membership ends at 5, 10 or 20 years (none of the perks after that). The visa and any entry from it remains valid until it expires.

I am not trying to be pedantic but:
The welcome letter clearly states as follows:

"Term of visa shall be granted in accordance with the validity of membership"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

Not sure what that means. It may only refer to the first one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think if I were a pensioner, I wouldn't get the 20 years, but perhaps 10 years, if possible. 

The OP has been living on a retirement visa for 15 years, so I calculate must be over 70.

The way the memberships work, the two most common ones that will enable visa privileges are the 5 year option and the 20 year option.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JayBird said:

The airport lounge access: which lounge do you get into and how much for companion?

I believe they have a dedicated lounge but am sure somebody can confirm/correct,

To compare costs, I have Priority Pass access & it’s costed at around 950 THB per visit (though I get unlimited free visits with my Citi Prestige Card)

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what that means. It may only refer to the first one.

That will be referring to the fact PE visas come in terms of 5, 10 and 20 years. You will get the term you paid for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 10:29 AM, jackdd said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just fly to Bangkok, get the Thai Elite visa, fly back to Udon Thani and make a hop over the border at Nong Khai before your current retirement extension ends?

haha... those elite people only meet you at AIRPORTS ... the STICKER of 500.000 / 1.000.000 is giving when you come back after you invalidated your current visa by leaving and not buying a re-entry permit

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, humbug said:

i can fully understand the op and other people wanting a 20 year visa in 4 stages of 5 year visas, which with 12 month extensions can work out to be 24 years. paying up front, beats any future inflation of prices over the next 24 years. and retirement visas are only 12 months, which means you have to consider the stress factor of living, thats important, if you make your home somehow, you need to relax and not have the anxiety of every 12 months of not knowing, its stressful for many with these nationalists, also retirement is not cheap, 400k left untouched for 12 months and 800k untouched for 5 months, is no longer a cheap option, and over the next 20-24 years financial requirements will rise a lot too. so having a visa which gives you a more stable outlook, at a cost upfront, instead of costing much more in other ways is something people will do. making new lives in this country for many years will cost now, and partly down to the nationalists, but also visas and stress were never an issue 10 years ago, there are now on this land

read the small letters on thai elite, I am sure you did not ...

if the government would cancel the whole ELITE, you are F*cked

maybe you would get a fee returned, MAYBE

if you are in hospital and get millions of baht of bill, whatever your insurance does not cover and are virtually BANKRUPT .... VISA ELITE might , even you paid 1 million, CANCEL YOUR VISA !

that is the kind of crap you only read after you did the immigration background check and get the papers to actually apply & PAY

and, let's not forget, if you decide not to do elite visa after you get the small letters, they only allow you 1 more time in your lifetime to apply

because they 1 month immigration background check was so tiring for those people

real info from one of those resellers

or is it just to scare you with a BUY NOW button as he might not get his commission ?

Edited by justin case
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 19 เมษายน 2562 at 9:26 AM, Ratt Thai said:

2 hours ago, justin case said:

read the small letters on thai elite, I am sure you did not ...

if the government would cancel the whole ELITE, you are F*cked

maybe you would get a fee returned, MAYBE

if you are in hospital and get millions of baht of bill, whatever your insurance does not cover and are virtually BANKRUPT .... VISA ELITE might , even you paid 1 million, CANCEL YOUR VISA !

that is the kind of crap you only read after you did the immigration background check and get the papers to actually apply & PAY

and, let's not forget, if you decide not to do elite visa after you get the small letters, they only allow you 1 more time in your lifetime to apply

because they 1 month immigration background check was so tiring for those people

real info from one of those resellers

or is it just to scare you with a BUY NOW button as he might not get his commission ?

what a nonsense post justincase,was reading the pr thread about the new pr line at airports, what a lovely thread, just normal posters with pr trying to answer in a respectable way the op's question or query, then i read your post on the elite thread, btw it was 4 weeks for my original visa many, many years ago and the rest well, good luck with your health, you'll need it after that post

to ratt thai, its something of interest to see how they do that as mentioned on the previous page

Edited by humbug

On 19 เมษายน 2562 at 10:07 AM, 4evermaat said:

The way that the Elite membership works, they will not issue visa that exceeds your membership expiration date.   For example, you have a 20-year membership which expires May 1st, 2030. You can get as many 5 year TE/PE visas as you are entitled to within your membership period, but the expiration date of your last TE visa will not exceed May 1st, 2030. 

To get the 21st year, you would do a border hop right before the last visa expires (In the example above, before May 1st, 2030).

thats what is interesting because you still get the extra 12 months to make it 21 years, but if they allow up to 4 * 5 years, then it could be that you can still receive the final 5 year  visa within the 20 years and push you beyond the 21 years. unless they specifically mention that 20 years exactly is the last date of this superiorty programme

5 hours ago, humbug said:

thats what is interesting because you still get the extra 12 months to make it 21 years, but if they allow up to 4 * 5 years, then it could be that you can still receive the final 5 year  visa within the 20 years and push you beyond the 21 years. unless they specifically mention that 20 years exactly is the last date of this superiorty programme

They are not giving you an extra year of membership.  The visa validity and the permission to stay stamps are independent of each other.   This is not unique to the Elite visa; it applies to any entry permission to stay based on any visa.

So the "21st" year is really just about getting the final 1 year permission to stay stamp right before your Elite Visa/membership expires.   Your membership will expire (and all the benefits that come with it), but your permission to stay stamp for the last entry is still valid.

• Like 1

so nice to see as usual that EXPERTS keyboad warriors with theories are replying with fake info 

Qualifications of the Applicant/the Member
The applicant/the Member must have and maintain to have following qualifications:
6.1 Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any countries except for an offence committed to negligence;
6.2 Not having been adjudicated bankrupt;
6.3 Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence;
6.4 Being allowed to stay in Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws or any other related laws of Thailand;
6.5 Holding a foreign passport; and
6.6 All ages qualified.

THAT IS ON THE ACTUAL application file

6.2 so if you become bankrupt for whatever reason:  your ELITE will be revoked  

Governing Law
This Elite Easy Access Membership Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Thailand.

so if there is a new government that decides ELITE is now ILLEGAL, there goes your 500.000/1.000.000 baht visa

Termination due to government policies
In case there is any order, rule, regulation or law announced by any related government authority which has an impact on the business
operation of the Company to the effect that the Company is unable to continue its business of perform its operation as usual, the company
shall be entitled to terminate the Membership by giving an advance written notice to the Member.

anybody wants to challenge me on those written rules ???

you don't read any of that in their website

Edited by justin case

If a standing member was adjudicated Bankrupt that would not be justification for cancellation of Membership, under Thai law. That is a term of application. Even the elite who was overstay blacklisted wasn‘t kicked out of the program.

• Like 1