BANGKOK 20 May 2019 13:40
webfact

Video: "The police are coming!" Songkran violence in Pattaya

4 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Just a few skinny young teenagers. Boys will be boys.

Credit to the cops who were there and had the situation under control in less than minutes keeping everyone happy and safe.

Of course, a group of 50 skinny young teenagers could never be violent, throw things that could cause serious injuries, use concealed weapons, etc...  The old adage of boys will be boys, is sadly gone, along with the sanity of a time gone by.

• Like 1

Probably another 7 days to go yet??? Good time to stay in doors for two weeks and watch the box while all these idiots give Pattaya a bad name 😆 

I thought today would be a lull before the 18th and 19th. Nope. I got 100 soaked on a baht bus. The Songkran sadists can be happy. What time do they stop tossing buckets on beach road tonight do you think?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

56 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

the town is full of idiots looking for fights, 

And only very occasionally do they find one.

Are you another who is very familiar with Pattaya because you've read about it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Did anyone else spot Ronald Mc donald walking past 

0.39 on the clip. :smile:

All just normal, scomchai's being pissed up thugs,  in the tourist areas

of pattaya. :coffee1:

24 minutes ago, maccastime said:

Probably another 7 days to go yet??? Good time to stay in doors for two weeks and watch the box while all these idiots give Pattaya a bad name 😆 

Pattaya gives Pattaya a bad name. In fact it gives the whole of Thailand a bad name. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, bangkoken said:

Such a lovely well run family oriented city. Where 'Happy Hour' starts at 7am at most bars. Always a great time in this hellhole.

One wonders how much of the city you've ever seen. Beach Rd and Walking street are a very small part of the city and far from typical.

Where I'm staying it's deadly quiet most of the day and even more so after sundown. Small kids with their mothers or older siblings come out for a walk at evening when it's a bit cooler.  If you listen carefully you can hear the grass growing.

Always amusing when visitors head straight for the seediest part of town intentionally and then get their petticoats ruffled when they don't find kiddie wading pools or clowns handing out balloons.

470188588_oldladies.jpg.698f9f2e6afcefbea410d34c9ac84baa.jpg

"It's a hellhole but we come every year just  for the bingo."

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

I've seen bar managers or bouncers break up fights between Thais a couple of times in Walking street ( over 10 years) . Trouble is not good news for their business. Nothing heavy just a clip around the ear and then they are told to sod off. I'm guessing most of the bars are well connected somewhere along the line. Maybe not so so much in the 7/8 Sois.

It must be quite hard in this day and age to record something that is so low in output quality

Just another reason to pack up and go.....no end to it anymore, daily shootings, stabbings, robberies now even Songran isn't sacred

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jesimps said:

This thread looks like one of those invitations for Pattaya bashing by people who've never visited here. I'm not going to read this thread but I will have a little say in support of my favourite place in Thailand. After travelling around the country I figured that all the places I visited were just too boring, smog bound or out on a limb. I figured that the only place I'd be happy here would be living just down the coast from Pattaya so as to have the best of both city and country living. Where I live is very quiet, on the edge of a golf course, ten minutes from the beach and a thirty minute drive into Pattaya. You see, not many settled, married farang live in central Pattaya, but it's good place for entertainment and shopping. Songkran, I agree, is a bad time in Pattaya that's why I don't go near the place for a week or so every April. It's the only place in this country I'd consider living, by far. Right then, enjoy your bashing session.

Bang Saray  Sattahip, baan Amphur, Id rather be banged up than live that area....five years drove me crazy,

pattaya  during songkran is crazy and everyone knows it.don,t think i would want to be there during that time.

• Like 1