BANGKOK 25 May 2019 02:08
webfact

Video: "The police are coming!" Songkran violence in Pattaya

1 hour ago, dreaming said:

I have been going to pattaya for 7 years - I never seen one fight. For the amount of drunk people it is a very safe place compared to western cities on a saturday night

Well I have been there longer and certainly seen a fight or three (dozen). I agree that considering the alcohol that gets consumed, they are surprisingly few. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, RobMuir said:

New Year celebrations in most countries that use alcohol usually involve a bit of violence. Songkran Pattaya brings drunks from around the world night after night and the violence per liter of alcohol consumed would be very low.

The Thais who work in these areas have a very high tolerance for drunken idiots and credit to them. 

500,000 people celebrating and the only incident is with a group of 15 year old boys.

Nothing much in this at all except for a squeaking bar girl.

i was down there last night and everyone was happily enjoying the festivities. It reminded me of the Summer of Love.

Thousands of accidents and injuries happen. People get sprayed who dont want to be soaked which is an incitement to violence. People dont stop at the correct time.  It starts too early and finishes too late. It's an ugly violent festival. 

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, dreaming said:

I have been going to pattaya for 7 years - I never seen one fight. For the amount of drunk people it is a very safe place compared to western cities on a saturday night

This might be true but not during songkran. Hurling buckets of water over motor cycle riders is dangerous and violence. Songkran brings the bullies crawling out of the woodwork.

• Haha 1