Two children killed after driver fell asleep at wheel: Police

webfact

Two children killed after driver fell asleep at wheel: Police

By The Nation

94530.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

Police say a tired motorist who had just driven friends home from Songkran celebrations dozed off at the wheel and crashed into a parked truck in Suphan Buri, killing two young children in the early hours of Wednesday.

Police were alerted to the accident on the Bang Li-Nong Wan Priang road in Tambon None Phra Prang, Song Phi Nong district at 12.15am.

Police said the car driven by Nitikorn Doktalyong, 22, hit the rear of a 10-wheel truck parked on the roadside.

The truck was not obstructing the left lane so police believe the driver fell asleep behind the wheel, causing his car to stray on to the hard shoulder.

Nitikorn’s five-year-old nephew died at the scene while his one-year-old niece died after being rushed to the district hospital.

Nitikorn was injured along with two relatives, identified as Rinda Udom, 21, and Worasuda Chantharang, 15.

Pol Maj Phawit Preenakhon, inspector of the Song Phi Nong police station, said Nitikorn and relatives were returning home in the district after driving their friends to Kanchanaburi following Songkran celebrations in Suphan Buri.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367813

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-17

28 minutes ago, mehrdad said:

Police said the car driven by Nitikorn Doktalyong, 22,  ,,,,

Note :: only 22 years old driver !!!

how much experience in driving a car!!!!

play with some life 

In countries where you have to take many hours of tutored driving lessons before qualifying for a driving test, then sit a written exam it's still daunting when you first drive solo.

Thailand all you do is watch a video pay the fee & go on the road all within one day.

Zero experience which equates to the daily death toll, add drink/drugs into the mix & you get the sorts of figures that get you the number one spot for all the wrong reasons.

But this is Thai culture... make life easy for everyone not harder by having to train & qualify to a standard before you drive.

3 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Hard to keep finding the words isn't it...another idiot steals 2 lives before they even start...how can he live with himself?

Hes a Thai, and there will be very little morse shown .

Sleep with the Angels little babies.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Hes a Thai, and there will be very little morse shown .

Sleep with the Angels little babies.

It's called remorse ..... and I believe you are incorrect.

He will be remorseful, he will never forget this day ever, he will end up at the temple and he will be reminded by the parents everyday of this tragic event and how he took their babies away.

His life will be one of solace and solitude.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

In countries where you have to take many hours of tutored driving lessons before qualifying for a driving test, then sit a written exam it's still daunting when you first drive solo.

Thailand all you do is watch a video pay the fee & go on the road all within one day.

Zero experience which equates to the daily death toll, add drink/drugs into the mix & you get the sorts of figures that get you the number one spot for all the wrong reasons.

But this is Thai culture... make life easy for everyone not harder by having to train & qualify to a standard before you drive.

the video shows ALL THAIS how to drive !!! then they get on the road and forget what they have watched.

Recently I had to watch the vid.....6 thais were in the room....ALL were asleep....that sums it up for Thais being able to drive.....

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

Police said "THEY BELIEVE THAT HE DOZED OFF" THAT must be enough evidence for them!!!

Otherwise MORE PAPERWORK required for breathalyer checks....!!

Its not rocket science. If a vehicle drifts off the road WITHOUT skid marks ...what does that tell you? 

5 hours ago, mehrdad said:

Police said the car driven by Nitikorn Doktalyong, 22,  ,,,,

Note :: only 22 years old driver !!!

how much experience in driving a car!!!!

play with some life 

I  gained  my  full  driving licence at age  15.  Have  never  been involved  in any  injury accident  in 50  years.

I do  not  understand  your  comment.

People really have to learn, if you are tired, pull off the road in a safe place an have a nap. 15-30 minutes or whatever it takes. Even if you are almost home, safety first. 

15 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I  gained  my  full  driving licence at age  15.  Have  never  been involved  in any  injury accident  in 50  years.

I do  not  understand  your  comment.

So ,, peoples not same !! 

I think anywhere have some people with low IQ !!!

if driver have brain and also some experience in driving skills understand while drunk and asleep must stop the car and rest about 4 to 5 hours and after go ! But this baby driver dont know and killing two kids ! 

Archived