Buying ticket at swampy for 1 way trip out

Liverpudlian

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Even if a seat is available, you will probably  be charged the full price for an economy ticket. It's likely to be the same as a return booked with an agent or online.  

Seen some reasonable prices online so if i pay via pay pal i will assume the chosen flight company will have the ticket waiting for collection at swampy ?

9 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Seen some reasonable prices online so if i pay via pay pal i will assume the chosen flight company will have the ticket waiting for collection at swampy ?

if it's an e Ticket you at least get the chance to check its authenticity with the airline website.  As for collecting a paper ticket from the airline desk, not sure I would trust that  process, unless I was very happy with the agent. 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:30 AM, Liverpudlian said:

NOte: learn and get uptodate. Since at least 5 yrs now NO airtickets exist anymore-its all only electronic. You can get a print of it if you really feel that is needed-it is not. Passport and sometimes PNR is enough-or on some newer discount airls you have to print a boarding pass (which is completely a different thing) yourself-or have it on that most essential piece for even Beatles-town-people: the smartfone. That will even be the very same @ John Lennon airport.........

7 hours ago, asanee said:

NOte: learn and get uptodate. Since at least 5 yrs now NO airtickets exist anymore-its all only electronic. You can get a print of it if you really feel that is needed-it is not. Passport and sometimes PNR is enough-or on some newer discount airls you have to print a boarding pass (which is completely a different thing) yourself-or have it on that most essential piece for even Beatles-town-people: the smartfone. That will even be the very same @ John Lennon airport.........

Very helpful and shows me how out of touch i am , 10 years since my last flight.

You'll be paying full IATA listed fare thats for sure. One way back to the UK is over £1000 feel free to disregard that at your peril.

Can you not just buy from the airlines own website and do it that way rather than online agents  ??

On 4/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, Pilotman said:

Even if a seat is available, you will probably  be charged the full price for an economy ticket. It's likely to be the same as a return booked with an agent or online.  

lol a lot more than that. When I used to get ID90 staff ticket from BA in the 1990s full fare return AITA was £1400 London Bangkok. As we all know one ways are hardly much cheaper hence my post above saying it will be at least a £1000 on any airline if you go to the airport desk....and than some

Skyscanner found me a flight back to the Uk at the end of the month for 350 pounds.

Not sure why you would want to buy a ticket at the airport.

29th April,

Air China, Bangkok, Peking, London Heathrow 14Kbht.

Oman Air, Bangkok, Muscat, London Heathrow 14Kbht.

30th April,

Eva Air direct flight for 400 pounds, purchased from Eva Air website.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Skyscanner found me a flight back to the Uk at the end of the month for 350 pounds.

Not sure why you would want to buy a ticket at the airport.

29th April,

Air China, Bangkok, Peking, London Heathrow 14Kbht.

Oman Air, Bangkok, Muscat, London Heathrow 14Kbht.

30th April,

Eva Air direct flight for 400 pounds, purchased from Eva Air website.

Eva dont seem to go Manchester but am now finding simillar prices with Cheapflights.co.th but will top up this topic with final results, cheers mates.

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

You'll be paying full IATA listed fare thats for sure. One way back to the UK is over £1000 feel free to disregard that at your peril.

Can you not just buy from the airlines own website and do it that way rather than online agents  ??

I have just paid £750 return to Manchester on Emirates, purchased 3 days before the flight. Expect to pay iro £400 for a single flight at short notice. Have seen single flights at £250 with a couple of months notice. Have a play around on Skyscanner.

Buy your ticket online. Pay with debit/credit card or Paypal. Within a few hours you will have your e-ticket sent to you by email.

I only ever present my passport at check in and am given my boarding pass. I do have the e-ticket on my phone, just in case.

Word of warning, if you are flying to Manchester, there are no direct flights. Change planes, usually around the Gulf. It takes me 24 hours to travel from my home in Pattaya to my home in the UK. Not pleasant, bloody awful actually.

Check KLM and Air France ( if all else fails [emoji51] ) you can certainly get a flight to Manchester, maybe even Liverpool ?

Other alternatives to Manchester are via LHR on Thai, BA or EVA, or via Helsinki on Finnair.
Probably other options via Germany, Portugal, Spain, Italy etc .

As said before go on skyscanner put in BKK to MAN and see what comes up, certainly gonna be a lot cheaper than turning up at the airport.

Good luck .

13 hours ago, Spidey said:

I have just paid £750 return to Manchester on Emirates, purchased 3 days before the flight. Expect to pay iro £400 for a single flight at short notice. Have seen single flights at £250 with a couple of months notice. Have a play around on Skyscanner.

I havent a clue why you quoted me. Skyscanner lol has absolutely nothing to do with turning up at the airline desk at the airport where you will be charged the full IATA fare which is what the OP wanted to do.

It will be in excess of £1000 one way if he chooses to do that. It is only ever done effectively in an emergency when you have to urgently buy a ticket for whatever reason and the airline charges you full fare for the priviledge

Well i got a decent deal 15 hour light with Fin air mid May 16.345 bht and fellas i wont be coming back ... ive had a good run for almost 15 years and if the UK followed thai immigration demands then it would never be in the mess its in now, i dop my cap to thai immigration and i cant afford to even get ill here i could at 1 time but my EX put the death knoll on that one .

Archived