Filipino killed by drunk driver

webfact

Filipino killed by drunk driver

By The Phuket News

1555485670_1-org.jpg

The Mercedes Benz hit the motorbike at the intersection of Kwang Rd and Chao Fa West Rd in Wichit in the early hours of Wednesday morning (Apr 17). Photo: Wichit Police

PHUKET: A Filipino man has died after his motorbike was hit by a car in Wichit in the early hours of this morning (Apr 17).

Capt Chatree Chuwichien of Wichit Police was notified of the accident at around 1:30am and arrived at the scene at the intersection of Kwang Rd and Chao Fa West Rd in Wichit to find a man lying unconscious on the road bleeding heavily from the head in front of a Phuket-registered White Mercedes Benz S500 car that was damaged at the front.

A helmet was found on the road next to the man’s body.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/filipino-killed-by-drunk-driver-71122.php#4prkQ070kJLJm2W2.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-17

9 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

No use to wear a helmet without using the strap. Unless you only care about escaping the fine for not wearing one.

I've been telling my wife that for more than 3 years.

Now she uses the strap but leaves it so loose (hanging a couple inches below her chin) it might as well be unattached. 

I show her vids all the time of folks riding motorbikes with their helmets on and getting hit by another vehicle.  The helmet flies off and then the riders head strikes to roadway causing death.  I know, i know... she says.

Like beating your head against a wall.

Mr Le was approaching at speed from behind and crashed into the back of Mr Rigoberto's motorbike.

Police tested Mr Le for alcohol and he was found to be more than two times over the legal limit at 112mg/100ml.

So Mr Le is an honorary Thai now? Drunk and drives.

25 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

driver has little to worry, specially here. mercedes benz? good!

money? a lot!

life? very cheap! 

He might drive a Mercedes Benz but he isn't a Thai hi-so. But we're unlikely ever to discover what happens as the press rarely follow up.

No use to wear a helmet without using the strap. Unless you only care about escaping the fine for not wearing one.

????????

not all get killed by head injuries!!!

many get killed by broken neck (especially those who are hit from behind) in motorcycle accidents. it means that he could be still dead if he had helmet on his head at the time of death. 

This accident caused by a drunk driver, not buy a motorist with helmet problem. 

Lets talk about the “drunk driver” !!!

it seems some always try to twist it since they do drink and drive themselves. 

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

No use to wear a helmet without using the strap. Unless you only care about escaping the fine for not wearing one.

When a 2,500kg Merc hits you up the arse you might need more than your strap done up tight!

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, a helmet without using the chinstrap is just a hat. 

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

Mr Le was approaching at speed from behind and crashed into the back of Mr Rigoberto's motorbike.

Police tested Mr Le for alcohol and he was found to be more than two times over the legal limit at 112mg/100ml.

So Mr Le is an honorary Thai now? Drunk and drives.

wondering what's the outcome here..

The recent wealthy drunk driver killed a police senior and wife and now another with a Mercedes and drunk a Philippino.

Does he also have the chance of death penalty? 

4 hours ago, The Theory said:

No use to wear a helmet without using the strap. Unless you only care about escaping the fine for not wearing one.

????????

many get killed by broken neck (especially those who are hit from behind) in motorcycle accidents. it means that he could be still dead if he had helmet on his head at the time of death. 

Hi mate! What a clever post!  Don't you understand why people riding motorcycle should wear a helmet? Because it protects your head and increases your chances to survive! Are you are suggesting that one should  scrap the helmet, because you will die of something else anyway? Let me guess, you're wearing one of those lucky amulets around your neck, right? God bless!

35 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Hi mate! What a clever post!  Don't you understand why people riding motorcycle should wear a helmet? Because it protects your head and increases your chances to survive! Are you are suggesting that one should  scrap the helmet, because you will die of something else anyway? Let me guess, you're wearing one of those lucky amulets around your neck, right? God bless!

Sorry, I’m not your kind of “mate”.  

I did not even “quote” you, because what you wrote explains what you are. 

8 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Sorry, I’m not your kind of “mate”. 

And you must be one one of those every night drunk drivers returning from bars. 

Get life. 

Well, pardon me all over the place. Just trying to give you some advice. Well, good luck anyway.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:30 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

Have some respect! How do you know the strap didn't break as a result of the accident?

The man was a brilliant talented musician, well respected on the island and loved by all his friends and fellow musicians.

Did you even stop to think before jumping in with your inane comment about the helmet strap. A human being died, killed by a drunken driver.

As I said have some respect!

On 4/18/2019 at 11:27 PM, Damrongsak said:

"Investigations revealed that Mr Rigoberto was in the right-hand lane waiting at a red light to turn right onto Kwang Rd."

Sigh. 

Seems to me that's the correct position to to take. Why the sigh?

On 4/18/2019 at 12:34 PM, The Theory said:

????????

No... Thats not what I understood from the aforementioned posts. It seems there is a general consensus that not wearing a helmet properly (without the strap) is as much of a poor choice as not wearing a helmet at all. 

Perhaps the deceased may have survived if wearing a proper and adequately secured helmet, or, as you mentioned he may have passed due to other complications such as a broken neck. But, the article reads - bleeding severely from the head, it doesn't mention a broken neck  (yet that could also be the case).

This opinion in no way defects from the cause of the accident. But, we as Motorcycle riders are only in control of our actions, thus, it makes sense that we remind each other and discuss helmets along with any other facets of this incident such as limiting night time riding - I don't ride at night at all due to all the drunks on the road. 

I have no idea how many of the Forum Members who drive drunk. Do you know any foreigners here who drive drunk? I have a lot of Western and Thai friends. I know not one Westerner who drives after drinking in Thailand, I know of not one Thai who doesn't (that's not a Thai bash, its just the facts from a very small cross section of society).

I hope this Drunk Driver is faced with the full weight of the law and not some financially manipulated compromise. 

There is a common theme among Those who I know who drink and drive - they will not have an accident, they will not get caught, they all know someone who can get them out of a sticky spot (or they think they can), and ultimately they simply never ever think of the consequences of their actions and when reminded of what could happen they'll put forwards a dumb argument that it can't happen to them because they are careful when driving drunk !!!

On 4/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, Chainsaw said:
On 4/17/2019 at 8:30 PM, RotBenz8888 said:

Have some respect! How do you know the strap didn't break as a result of the accident?

The man was a brilliant talented musician, well respected on the island and loved by all his friends and fellow musicians.

Did you even stop to think before jumping in with your inane comment about the helmet strap. A human being died, killed by a drunken driver.

As I said have some respect!

Respectfully, if the helmet strap broke as as result of the accident, it was an extremely poor helmet. Respectfully, a brilliant and talented musician may still be with us if he had used a better helmet or ensured the strap was done up. Respectfully, discussing and highlighting this point may save someone else life. Respectfully, this is an anonymous web-forum where it is expected that anything and everything is discussed. It is not an RIP comment page, neither is it the deceased Facebook page where family are far more likely to be reading. 

You can be as politically correct as you like, but your Politically Correct attack on another forum member is knee-capping a common sense discussion from which others may learn or think twice. 

Another point to consider is where the motorcyclist was positioned waiting to turn right - It would seem quite a vulnerable place to be. 

Others have already mentioned in other threads. IF you are at the lights try not to be the first one there and if you are, stay left (I think this was discussed when the car took out the nurse - see link below). 

These are issues we can all learn from... So respectfully, in honoring the dead it would be prudent to have discussion which helps ensure we ourselves do not become victims in similar circumstances. 

IMO, this attitude is far more respectful to the deceased than some platitudinous and politically correct 'RIP' or 'have some respect' remark which involves little thought and means nothing...

23 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Well , you misunderstood.

who cares anyway.

Well you obviously did, enough to comment on it.... So why the back-pedal?

Could it be that with a degree of hindsight you recognize the flaw in your comment and with the implication that a Helmet may not always be necessary because other injuries can kill you...

It looks like English may not be your first language, thus, it's understandable If that was not your intended point and we have misunderstood.

But then you go on to accuse anyone who has commented on the helmet falling off of being drunk drivers themselves, which is a bit of a stretch. 

Who care's anyway?... a rather amusing attempt to save face instead of accepting you simply jumped the gun and made a rather dim post. 

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well you obviously did, enough to comment on it.... So why the back-pedal?

Could it be that with a degree of hindsight you recognize the flaw in your comment and with the implication that a Helmet may not always be necessary because other injuries can kill you...

It looks like English may not be your first language, thus, it's understandable If that was not your intended point and we have misunderstood.

But then you go on to accuse anyone who has commented on the helmet falling off of being drunk drivers themselves, which is a bit of a stretch. 

Who care's anyway?... a rather amusing attempt to save face instead of accepting you simply jumped the gun and made a rather dim post. 

It was about a drunk driver who hit a motorcycle. Does it really matter if the rider was with or without helmet or the helmet strap was not tight or loose ?!!!!!

The motorcycle rider could be alive with or without helmet, if the driver was not drunk. 

47 minutes ago, The Theory said:

It was about a drunk driver who hit a motorcycle. Does it really matter if the rider was with or without helmet or the helmet strap was not tight or loose ?!!!!!

The motorcycle rider could be alive with or without helmet, if the driver was not drunk. 

Of course it matters... The Motorcyclist was not in control of the drunk driver. He was in control of his own safety gear.

Your argument is the same as suggesting if the Drunk wasn't there the accident wouldn't have happened, its a flawed argument. 

Accidents will and do happen - we have to protect ourselves against them. Some guys refuse to ride motorcycles because of the risks. Others will ride with flagrant disregard of the risks. Others may take a more thoughtful approach, balance the risks and use good safety gear. 

In this case - the Motorcyclist had no idea of where or when he may or may not be involved in an accident - Ensuring he is wearing the best safety gear all the time will reduce the chances of serious injury and / or death when or if the worst were to happen. 

Of course, the motorcyclist may still be alive if a drunk driver didn't take him out, or he could have been cleaned out by someone experiencing the ever famous brake failure at the next junction. 

Or the impact could have been so significant it was unsurvivable anyway, much in the same way some impacts in a car are unsurvivable - but that doesn't mean there is less significance on ensuring your seatbelt is correctly fastened. 

Making the point that the helmet is irrelevant because the other guy was drunk is highly flawed thinking. 

On 4/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Respectfully, if the helmet strap broke as as result of the accident, it was an extremely poor helmet. Respectfully, a brilliant and talented musician may still be with us if he had used a better helmet or ensured the strap was done up. Respectfully, discussing and highlighting this point may save someone else life. Respectfully, this is an anonymous web-forum where it is expected that anything and everything is discussed. It is not an RIP comment page, neither is it the deceased Facebook page where family are far more likely to be reading. 

You can be as politically correct as you like, but your Politically Correct attack on another forum member is knee-capping a common sense discussion from which others may learn or think twice. 

Another point to consider is where the motorcyclist was positioned waiting to turn right - It would seem quite a vulnerable place to be. 

Others have already mentioned in other threads. IF you are at the lights try not to be the first one there and if you are, stay left (I think this was discussed when the car took out the nurse - see link below). 

These are issues we can all learn from... So respectfully, in honoring the dead it would be prudent to have discussion which helps ensure we ourselves do not become victims in similar circumstances. 

IMO, this attitude is far more respectful to the deceased than some platitudinous and politically correct 'RIP' or 'have some respect' remark which involves little thought and means nothing...

What an absolute load of tosh! A fine human being died through no fault of his own and all the sad posters can do is try to find some way to make him responsible for his own death by spouting SPECULATIVE garbage. He was in the correct position on the road for turning right - FACT! He was hit from behind by a drunk driver - FACT! He was wearing a helmet - FACT!

Stop your sad trolling. Now THAT would be prudent.

Archived