new retirment visa rules

icare999

8 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I guess they assumed you knew the new rules.

maybe and i dont mind keeping 800k in bank all year but im a little ocncerned they not only did not mention new rules but did not say i had to go in in 6 months they stamped my extension for 1 year 

1 minute ago, icare999 said:

maybe and i dont mind keeping 800k in bank all year but im a little ocncerned they not only did not mention new rules but did not say i had to go in in 6 months they stamped my extension for 1 year 

Nothing in the new rules about going in after 6 months is there?

Anyway, no worries for another year. ????

2 hours ago, icare999 said:

You don't have to keep 800K in the bank all year. Three months before, three months after for extensions, yes. A minimum balance of 400K for the other 6 months.

The problem with the B65/month is in my case one of my pensions, I have 2, is paid on a 28 day cycle.

Therefore it advances 2 or 3 days a month.

This means that altho I would get the correct amount over a 2 month cycle, one month I could have 3 payments and only 1 on the other month.

Immigration is not helping folk and is sticking strictly to letter of the law.

john

On 4/17/2019 at 3:43 PM, icare999 said:

800000 in bank as ive done for many years 

Did they say must keep 800 k for further 3 months?

Is  it now 2 months or 3 months before application date?

The OP has been using the 800k balance for years... My guess is he also showed them a bank book/statement that had the 800k balance for the entire previous year (or more) so he doesn’t fit the profile of one using an agent where the 800k magically appeared in his account 3 months before and disappears right after an extension was granted so he was not subjected to the extra balance check...

But it I would say they were remiss in not warning him that there is new balance requirements for the year (400k minimum & seasonings)

I use CIMB...opened my first account at airport plazza.  I buy fixed deposits, but I have them mature outside of three months before and after.  You can use a 5 month promo, then split between one year and two year..400 and 400...basically, a ladder.

Plain and simple answer please. Can I 

1 hour ago, Mahseer said:

Where to get the best interest rate? I will deposit the 800k year round and Bangkok Bank offer 1.6% but I see CIMB offer 2.3%. Anything better to be had in town?

In the 'Teachers Credit Union' in Buriram you get 6% in 12 month fixed term account if it's in, let's say, your wifes name. Whereas they'll give me 4% in a fixed term but with limited access. I put my monies/saving in there and take it out 3 months before my extension is due and put it in my Bangkok Bank account. Immigration do not accept that 'Credit Unions' are banks.

7 hours ago, Rally123 said:

In the 'Teachers Credit Union' in Buriram you get 6% in 12 month fixed term account if it's in, let's say, your wifes name. Whereas they'll give me 4% in a fixed term but with limited access. I put my monies/saving in there and take it out 3 months before my extension is due and put it in my Bangkok Bank account. Immigration do not accept that 'Credit Uninons' are banks.

I say BS....maybe a fund, but not a guaranteed fixed deposit.

52 minutes ago, moontang said:

I say BS....maybe a fund, but not a guaranteed fixed deposit.

Wanna put money on it? Easy enough to confirm. Phone them and ask. I look forward to your apology. Please read.  

THE BURIRAM TEACHERS SAVINGS COOPERATIVE LIMITED

36/100 Injannarong Road.
MUANG, Buri Ram, 31000  Thailand
+66-44611581

Please

Please

+66-4

36 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Wanna put money on it? Easy enough to confirm. Phone them and ask. I look forward to your apology. Please read.  

your link is almost three years old, and you gave almost zero constraints.

Please

Please

+66-4

^

Your loss. Make the phone call if you think me wrong. The only thing that has changed since that thread is that immigration no longer accept 'Credit Unions' as acceptable as a bank for the purpose of renewing your extension.

21 hours ago, Rally123 said:

In the 'Teachers Credit Union' in Buriram you get 6% in 12 month fixed term account if it's in, let's say, your wifes name. Whereas they'll give me 4% in a fixed term but with limited access. I put my monies/saving in there and take it out 3 months before my extension is due and put it in my Bangkok Bank account. Immigration do not accept that 'Credit Unions' are banks.

The problem with credit union is that the risk is much higher. If there is a run on the money, your money is gone.

54 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The problem with credit union is that the risk is much higher. If there is a run on the money, your money is gone.

And it isn't with a bank?? Anyway I'm not promoting anything. Up to yous at the end of the day.

Credit Union vs. Bank: Which One is Better for Your Money?

It’s pretty clear that belonging to a credit union has many advantages compared to being a bank customer. This is especially true for those who have poor credit or non-traditional income.

5 hours ago, Rally123 said:

^

Your loss. Make the phone call if you think me wrong. The only thing that has changed since that thread is that immigration no longer accept 'Credit Unions' as acceptable as a bank for the purpose of renewing your extension.

the phone number given does not even have the right amount of digits.

You'd be the proof to why the farang education system is failing. Try Googling and then go straight to the bottom of the class.

Buri Ram Teacher Saving Cooperative Limited

Corporate office

Address: 36/100 ถนน อิน จันทร์ ณรงค์, Nai Mueang, Mueang Buri Ram District, Buri Ram 31000

Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 4:30PM

Phone: 044 611 581

54 minutes ago, moontang said:

the phone number given does not even have the right amount of digits.

44 minutes ago, moontang said:

It does kind of explain why the Thai education system is a disgrace.  No website, no working phone number, no email.

The phone number is fine and works fine, I just called it.  So it would appear that whatever educational system you went through failed you or you failed it.  With all your expertise you should be able to understand the Thai phone numbering system, try a little and you can probably do it.

Archived