Question about cancellation letter for non B

Hello,

Today one person told me, if I would like to apply for a new visa Non-B (soon I will), first I must ask my old employer for cancellation letter. According to this, I need cancellation letter for old visa non-B, because without it I can't get a new non-visa. And this cancellation will spend 8 days. And this person did it before like this. But my new employer says, I can wait till old visa will be expired (till next year?) or cancell it when I will go to Laos for the new visa non-B.

For sure I don't want make a mistake and I want everything will be clear and leagal in documents.

And know I am confused, becasue I don't know who has right and what to do in this situation.

I will be glad for some advise,
Thank you,

Daniel55

Are you on a the 90 day entry from a non-b visa or an extension of stay issued by immigration?

No need to cancel a 90 day entry.

A extension of stay will need to be formally canceled by showing a termination letter from current employer or you may have a problem applying for another extension.

19 minutes ago, Daniel55 said:

Now I am on 1 year Non B visa. And soon I start new job, so I will apply for new, 90 days Non -B (becasue I will change work place). That's how it look like.   

Do you have multiple entry non-b visa issued by an embassy or consulate that allows 90 day entries? If that is what you have now you don't need to apply for new non-b visa. You can continue to use it until it expires.

Unfortunately  last year I got visa non B single Entry in Thai consulate. This year I extended it till February next year. And this is adnotation: "Extension of stay permited up to (date). Notice to keep your re-entry permit must be made before leaving Thailand. " That's the problem.