3 Month Visa Requirements

I need to get a 3 month Non O Visa outside Thailand.

When i return to Thailand, i'll apply for a retirement visa but i'm not sure which O Visa to apply for as there are several on this list. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/99061-Visa-Requirements-II.html

I'm thinking of going to K.L.

Last time i did this in K.L, i just filled out a form and it was approved the same day but i think things have changed as i read i need these requirements :

- Bank statement with a minimum deposit equivalent to 800,000 Thai baht or Income Certificate with a minimum monthly income equivalent to 65,000 Thai baht 7.

- Medical certificate issued in Malaysia within the last 3 months showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535 (1992)

- Certified criminal record in the applicant’s country of origin or current country of residence issued by competent authority within the last 3 months.

Do i need all these?

Edited by haymanpl

They will only issue OA long stay visa for citizens or residents of Malaysia.

You cannot get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement at the embassy in KL. Other have tried but could not get one.

You could get one in Penang or Savannakhet. You will need to show the same financial proof needed for an extension and proof you are retired.

Or you could enter on a tourist visa or visa exempt and apply at your local immigration office for 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

• Like 1

Sounds like i have to go to Singapore and cannot apply in K.L.

Or you could enter on a tourist visa or visa exempt and apply at your local immigration office for 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

I didn't think i could apply for a Non Immigrant O visa inside Thailand?

Edited by haymanpl

4 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

Sounds like i have to go to Singapore and cannot apply in K.L.

You might not be able to get one in Singapore either.

5 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

I didn't think i could apply for a Non Immigrant O visa inside Thailand?

You can apply for it at any immigration office. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

28 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

I can apply inside Thailand for a Non Immigrant O visa even if i'm on a 30 day tourist visa?

You can apply with a 30 day visa exempt entry.

From the page a I posted a link to.

"1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa."

You have to have at least 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of it.

Awesome, I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back here.

The reason i asked was because i did ask a immigration consultant who told me i have to go to Singapore to get a 90 day visa.

I assume after i get the 90 day Non O, i can †hen apply for a retirement visa inside Thailand?

Thanks for your help @ubonjoe

Edited by haymanpl

2 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

This is my current status for immigration.

You still have over 15 day remaining on your entry but Phuket immigration may want more days than that. 

I guess you failed to read the first line under notice.

I didn't know i could get a re-entry visa at the airport late at night on a Friday? I flew out with Dengue fever to go to hospital in Singapore. Wasn't thinking clearly and clearly, i screwed up.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You still have over 15 day remaining on your entry but Phuket immigration may want more days than that

I guess you failed to read the first line under notice.

They told me i need 21 days left. With 20 days left ( 18th April - 8th May ) i also had to get a 30 day extension which cost 1900 BAHT on top of the 2000 BAHT paid for the T.M 87.

I assume i'll also need to apply for the retirement visa in the last month of the 90 day Non Immigrant O which is in June?

4 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

I assume i'll also need to apply for the retirement visa in the last month of the 90 day Non Immigrant O which is in June?

Yes will apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa. Also apply for a re-entry permit as soon as you get the extension stamp done.

Unless Phuket does it differently the 90 days will start from the date you applied for the visa. The will post date the visa issue date and entry stamp to that day.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes will apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa. Also apply for a re-entry permit as soon as you get the extension stamp done.

Unless Phuket does it differently the 90 days will start from the date you applied for the visa. The will post date the visa issue date and entry stamp to that day.

This what i got today and told to return on the 7th June. Doesn't look like a 90 day visa however i guess they need to send it to Hat Yai to change the status to a Non O 90 day visa or something like that?

visa.png

Edited by haymanpl

1 minute ago, haymanpl said:

This what i got today and told to return on the 7th June.

Just the normal 30 day extension stamp is shown.

I think the visa approval will be done long before that day.

Two or 3 weeks is about normal at most offices.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 7:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

I guess you failed to read the first line under notice

I normally get a multiple re-entry on the day my retirement visa is approved however, this time, they hand delivered my passport when they came and checked where i was living and i never went back to Phuket town to get the re-entry.

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

Just the normal 30 day extension stamp is shown.

I think the visa approval will be done long before that day.

Two or 3 weeks is about normal at most offices.

Got the 3 month visa today. Not sure why it took so long? They stated the paperwork had to go to Hat Yai which is why i needed to have at least 21 days which forced me to buy another 30 days costing 1900 baht. Not sure i believe them and feel like its a way to get more money.

Am i wrong?

9 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

Am i wrong?

Yes

The application has to be approved by immigration division 6 headquarters in Hat Yai. 

The baseline is 15 days remaining on your entry bur some offices require longer which in your case is 21 days at Phuket. They do it to insure you have enough days remaining on your entry for it to be approved.