Non O (Married to Thai) multi entry permitted length of stay ?

Advice needed please

Just getting ready to renew my Yearly Non O multi entry in the UK, and noticed the “permitted length of stay” for a (Multi entry) is 1 year as opposed to a single entry “permitted length of stay” is 90 days see pic below. 

I have always applied for a Multi entry Non O and upon arrival in Bangkok have always had a 90 days permitted stamp. If I wish to stay in Thailand for 1 year am I required to report to my local immigration office just before 90 days to get an extension stamp until the end of the visa year ? Or would I have to report every 90 days for incremental extensions of 90 days ? 

Also, should the permitted stay stamp, upon arrival in Thailand show “admitted until the one year ends” and just report to the local immigration every 90 days.

Many Thanks

07477A1D-1C4B-409C-AAAD-40B19C514447.jpeg

You can enter Thailand as many times as you like prior to the expiry date of the visa. Each stay you are granted on entry is 90 days. You have the option once per entry of extending this for 60 days at an immigration office in Thailand. You then need to leave and re-enter Thailand for a fresh 90-day entry.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is an error on the website that has been discussed before. That is referring to a non-oa long stay visa.

6 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

Ok, thanks for clearing that up !

It’s not an error. It’s a general statement that says “the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year”, because — depending on the category of visa — it’s possible to get a 1 year entry from a ME non-immigrant visa.

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

You can enter Thailand as many times as you like prior to the expiry date of the visa.

But you would be questioned what are you doing. When I entered 10th times on my O-A and I was questioned what am I doing. Why I don't stay in Thailand.

I said, "Why am I going to stay in a smog filled country and sois over flowing with garbage, and live under an authoritarian government when I have many choices. I only come for cheap sex."

No I did not say the above in quote. But it did occur in my mind. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s not an error. It’s a general statement that says “the permitted length of stay is up to 1 year”, because — depending on the category of visa — it’s possible to get a 1 year entry from a ME non-immigrant visa.

It certainly an error in the way it is written. You are just reading between the lines to state it is not an error.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It certainly an error in the way it is written. You are just reading between the lines to state it is not an error.

I agree it can be misleading for the uninitiated, but it is not an error.

It is a general comment (not specific to a category 'O' visa) referring to the whole list of Non Immigrant visa categories. If it were referring specifically to a non 'O' it would be wrong. It is not saying all non immigrant visa holders get permission to stay for 1 year, it says up to 1 year. That is because the length of stay varies up to 1 year due to the 'O-A' visa.

That said, the comment is now out of date because the 'O-X' is now in the list and that category visa provides permission to stay for 5 years. So the comment should now say up to 5 years instead of up to 1 year.

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

That said, the comment is now out of date because the 'O-X' is now in the list and that category visa provides permission to stay for 5 years.

Actually it is a visa that is valid for 5 years that allows unlimited one year entries. About the same as the PE visa.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually it is a visa that is valid for 5 years that allows unlimited one year entries. About the same as the PE visa.

It's not.

The 'O-X' ME visa is valid for 5 years from the issue date. You are granted permission to stay for 5 years whenever entering the country using the visa. If you don't leave the country a second 5 year stay is issued as an extension of stay. If you leave and re-enter the country just before the visa expires you receive a final 5 year stay.

14 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The 'O-X' ME visa is valid for 5 years from the issue date. You are granted permission to stay for 5 years whenever entering the country using the visa. If you don't leave the country a second 5 year stay is issued as an extension of stay. If you leave and re-enter the country just before the visa expires you receive a final 5 year stay.

Show me something that states that.

The only info I found is that it allows one year entries.

Initially I read it as 1 year, but all my visits were less than 90days anyway. Discussion with the London Embassy last Sept 2018, confirmed the visits of  upto 90 calendar days only ( as issued) on a non-O Multi-entry, from entry (upto the "valid until", date of the Visa) to Thailand. Including arrive and departure dates, even if it is only an hour past midnight.

Edited by johnwf1963

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Show me something that states that.

The only info I found is that it allows one year entries.

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/other/7394/80938-Non-–-Immigrant-Visa--“O---X”-(Long-Stay-10-years).html

“Upon arrival in Thailand, the immigration officer will grant the Non-O-X visa holders the stay permit in the Kingdom for the period of not exceeding 5 years according to visa validity.”

The only part I could be wrong about — due to conflicting info — is what permission you receive on re-entry during the first 5 years. Either the visa holder will get a new 5 year stay, OR the remainder of the initial 5 year stay.

The basic concept for the visa is that you enter, receive a 5 year stay, and then at the end of that 5 years extend for another 5 years.

11 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The only part I could be wrong about — due to conflicting info — is what permission you receive on re-entry during the first 5 years. Either the visa holder will get a new 5 year stay, OR the remainder of the initial 5 year stay.

I am not convinced that is correct info. I have never seen a report by anybody actually having one and stating the length of stay they got on entry.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not convinced that is correct info. I have never seen a report by anybody actually having one and stating the length of stay they got on entry.

It is correct that you receive a 5 year stay. That part I’ve had confirmed.

I’m sure there was at least one report with a picture of the permit. Regardless, nowhere does it state a 1 year stay, everywhere it states a 5 year stay. 

London;

“Non-Immigrant Visa “O-X” (Long Stay) 5 Year per entries/Multiple entries”

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#8

Washington;

“Period of stay Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 5 years each time (total 10 years)”

https://thaiembdc.org/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-x-long-stay/