Well? Are the Big Joke "No Tips" banners still up at your local I.O.?

MeePeeMai

Just curious (for those of you returning from the Immigration Offices around the country).

Are the "No Tips" banners still flying at your local Immigration Office or have they been shelved?  

Please state which office you are referring to on your reply.   Thanks!

sorry cant help only do once a year      but i do know  when the office was refurbished about 2 years ago they were not reinstated  having said that my imm office has been squeaky clean for the last 10 years  SAKON NAKHON

as per my personal dealings   about others i do not know

i suggest you do not paint all with your tar brush

5 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

when the office was refurbished about 2 years ago they were not reinstated

Thanks for your reply.  

I don't think they were around two years ago, they showed up less than a year ago after Big Joke took over as Head of Immigration.

Have a great day

3 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Thanks for your reply.  

I don't think they were around two years ago, they showed up less than a year ago after Big Joke took over as Head of Immigration.

Have a great day

think you are incorrect there but hey maybe my bad

1 minute ago, Lamkyong said:

think you are incorrect there but hey maybe my bad

I could be as I have only ever been to my local Immigration Office (Chiang Khan) but I do remember when they posted up the no tips banner there at that office.

Cheers!

Yes, central bangkok, but even prior, no immigration office employee has ever asked me for a tip, nor have I ever believed they would want one. I find immigration officers to be a polite bunch, considering the amount of work they do in that office. I have never incountered someone problematic at all.

17 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Yes, central bangkok, but even prior, no immigration office employee has ever asked me for a tip, nor have I ever believed they would want one. I find immigration officers to be a polite bunch, considering the amount of work they do in that office. I have never incountered someone problematic at all.

I have never been asked for a tip either.  I'm just curious if all the banners with Big Joke's pics are still up.

I was in Phayao yesterday. The "no tips" signs are up but not on the desks where you are interviewed as they were before.  Big Joke photo is still up. It is a part of a large glass partition so they will have to have some come and remove it.

I have seen the posters.

1388.jpg.9ddbe0e5c7a39ceada84153f7f66b0f1.jpg

But no picture of BJ himself, the only one is the real himself in one of a report last year.

Did anyone has seen a print of a cartoon BJ with the message?

1389.jpg.fe76e856a732dfc45613b6bc2a63859d.jpg   b7ca0e0f8b1d6ae9540622fc058801d45c021041-696x464.jpg.0ff5650cbba35e50fe9754f97975ff70.jpg

I think they were still up when I was in my Immi office mid-last month, but I was distracted with being jerked around because I didn't report to the Immi office within 24 hours after returning to Thailand last year.

Reckon they'll wind up in a dark corner next to the old poster board about dress code standards, then disappear completely at some point in the future.  ????️‍♂️

image.png.6b5887790d5b7d0c179d96d90860ccfd.png

38 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

I think they were still up when I was in my Immi office mid-last month, but I was distracted with being jerked around because I didn't report to the Immi office within 24 hours after returning to Thailand last year.

Reckon they'll wind up in a dark corner next to the old poster board about dress code standards, then disappear completely at some point in the future.  ????️‍♂️

image.png.6b5887790d5b7d0c179d96d90860ccfd.png

Hi.  I hadn't heard about a need to report to immigration within 24 hours of returning to Thailand.  Which people are you referring to, please?

55 minutes ago, donim said:

I have seen the posters.

1388.jpg.9ddbe0e5c7a39ceada84153f7f66b0f1.jpg

But no picture of BJ himself, the only one is the real himself in one of a report last year.

Did anyone has seen a print of a cartoon BJ with the message?

1389.jpg.fe76e856a732dfc45613b6bc2a63859d.jpg   b7ca0e0f8b1d6ae9540622fc058801d45c021041-696x464.jpg.0ff5650cbba35e50fe9754f97975ff70.jpg

Inside my nearest Immigration Office they have two big banners with Big Joke's picture on them stating the No Tips rule.  I assumed that all Immigration Offices must have had similar (maybe not)?  I'll get a pic of them the next time I go if they are still up on the wall.

1 minute ago, PREM-R said:

Was at Khon Kaen immigration last week, all mention of Big Joke removed. No images, no posters, no "please, no tips" signs, nothing.  Like he never existed.

That's what I expected to see.  Thanks for the report!

17 minutes ago, Cutty Shark said:

Hi.  I hadn't heard about a need to report to immigration within 24 hours of returning to Thailand.  Which people are you referring to, please?

Search for TM30

Report of alien's stay in the Kingdom (usually your landlord or hotel's responsibility)

20 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

For "tips" read "bribes". I think that's what the no tips notices were about.

Did my 90 day reporting at Nakhon Pathom Immigration office this morning.  Long poster with BJ pictures and vision statements stretched above the four officer's desks and big 'No Tip' signs behind each of the officer's desks.

Also he is still featured on the home page of their website http://nakhonpathom.imm.police.go.th/

Have to say all the front office staff are always very friendly and give great service.  Did my 90 day reporting in less than 10 minutes for time of walking in to walking out the door.

5 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

Did my 90 day reporting at Nakhon Pathom Immigration office this morning.  Long poster with BJ pictures and vision statements stretched above the four officer's desks and big 'No Tip' signs behind each of the officer's desks.

Also he is still featured on the home page of their website http://nakhonpathom.imm.police.go.th/

Have to say all the front office staff are always very friendly and give great service.  Did my 90 day reporting in less than 10 minutes for time of walking in to walking out the door.

Thank for reporting (what sounds like) a nice experience!

Archived