Pick your own fruit events

Hi. Any ideas how to promote the family orchard pick your own events? I have managed to keep it free from chemicals.

I suggested that my wife should take contact to tourist companies in Chiang Mai, but what do you guys think?

Thanks!

On 4/17/2019 at 8:50 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Maybe you can make your place a regular tourist stop...with bus loads of Chinese...

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea who to approach to make such a thing happen? Sorry I did not reply earlier, the notifications don't seem to work.

8 minutes ago, Fruit4Life said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea who to approach to make such a thing happen? Sorry I did not reply earlier, the notifications don't seem to work.

Many Chinese tour agencies...likely need someone who speaks Chinese to interact for you...they may have a list of requirements for you to meet before their consideration...like clean bathrooms they can desecrate...????

I'm not trying to knock your idea and I'm not typically a naysayer, but I'm wondering just how many people want to stand out in the scorching sun picking fruit when the could get it from the local fruit market or, better still, pealed and diced from the fruit vendor on the street? 

It could work in the cooler season, but what about the rainy or hot seasons? What fruit is on offer? How much do they have to pay?  

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand your principles. This is quite popular in my country for picking strawberries. Though I'm not sure this will work for Thailand or Asian countries.
Having visited several farms or places that are doing agro-tourism, most people want to take pictures, selfies etc. Enjoy the (cute) environment and have some drinks or food (preferably in a/c rooms). Some animals for the kids or a playground. Buy souvenirs or produce from the farm.
People are just to lazy and scared of sunshine, insects etc to pick up their own fruits. This is my opinion or suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, CLW said:

I can understand your principles. This is quite popular in my country for picking strawberries. Though I'm not sure this will work for Thailand or Asian countries.
Having visited several farms or places that are doing agro-tourism, most people want to take pictures, selfies etc. Enjoy the (cute) environment and have some drinks or food (preferably in a/c rooms). Some animals for the kids or a playground. Buy souvenirs or produce from the farm.
People are just to lazy and scared of sunshine, insects etc to pick up their own fruits. This is my opinion or suggestions.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You might be right, but we still have some vegans and fruitarians who really want to pick their own, which of course is nice and this might be an investment for the future.

Thanks again. ????

Post and links removed as per forum rules.

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

Any further instances and this topic will be removed.

Create some selfie taking set ups. Some people will want to come to get a great shot of themselves, and if they post a great shot it promotes you for free.
Keyword "social influencer". If you haven't done yet start a business instagram account and find people who promote your business. Advertising on instagram and Facebook can be done at reasonable fees as well.

Archived