Sea-home pioneer’s visa cancelled

snoop1130

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the U.K. has had a far more sensible approach when dealing with Sealand.  They simply ignored it until the inhabitants were either too old or too fed up to remain any longer.  

To each is own but I would not last a week living on a facility like that.  I am willing to bet that these folks may do better than I would but nobody can take hard isolation indefinitely.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

18 hours ago, Katipo said:

If only Prayuth had his fleet of submarines. They could have blown this insideous threat to the country's sovereignty out of the water before it even got started. You can't treat these kind of things lightly, or before you know it, every Tom, Dick, and Somchai will start building there own territories in the middle of the ocean somewhere. 

True, and a good one, and, Hip, hip hooray, said China, to the Philippines.

18 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

"Elwartowski posted on Facebook yesterday that they are in hiding and safe."

Unfortunately, you can run but you cannot hide.  Running seems to be useless today as well.  Good luck to this gentleman, he needs it.

We should not be surprised  if they saw this coming and therefore are hiding in the one and only leg of the sea-sted where there is no requirement for visa nor reporting - :thumbsup:

Being that it seems "bitcoin" is heavily involved, I suspect it is a scam.

Much like how Ocean 1 Tower was promoted and the promoters were living high off the hog on the advanced sales, and then disappeared (leaving lots of unpaid bills behind and I suspect a lot of pissed off investors). (At least their website no longer has the "live camera" showing trucks hauling cement from the site - to some other site !)

The difference here being that by using bitcoin, it would be even easier to scam people as bitcoin is virtually untraceable (which was part of the reason for it's creation in the first place - to facilitate illegal transactions by creating a "currency" that would be almost impossible for law enforcement to track).

They are (or were) hoping to sell the first 20 units "barebones" at $150,000 US - each ! (Built in Thailand.) Supposedly that is how much they cost to build. :whistling:

And yeah, when you check Chad Elwartowski (elwar's) Facebook and the Ocean.builder website - he has been heavily involved with this particular project since at least last October. One of the oldest news articles on their site is dated 23 October 2018 and authored by "elwar".
He also seems to be the one that replies to comments on the Ocean.builders website. There is also a photo on their site of Elwar and Nadia dated 4 Feb "celebrating" the raising of the first seastead. In another article it mentions that Chad and Nadia would be providing "on site property management". 

Hardly sounds like someone who has "nothing to do" with the company.

(ps: Nadia has a 3rd name as well - Bitcoin Girl Thailand.)

Their "environmental" plan is for their sewage to go straight into the water "just like whale and dolphin poop". 

"Where does the poop go?

Same place as whale and dolphin poop goes."

But they'll bag up their garbage and haul it to shore now and then. Uh huh. Sure sure. Oh but they want to grow edible seaweed too - fertilized by all their raw sewage. :omfg:

It seems the "Ocean.Builders" website may be registered in Panama. Most of their Whois info is redacted (for privacy - a common thing) but for some reason the registrant country wasn't.
Their website sends up alarm bells as well. No mention of company location or organization and their "contact" page requires you to send them a message that they will respond to (or not). The whole thing is set up to be as anonymous as possible.

Got to love the hypocrisy of people like this. 
"Oh we want to live "free" from your rules - but will happily leach off of you as much as we can while we implement our own rules that everyone else will have to follow."

"You can't tell us what to do or how to live, but we expect you to let us use your airports and internet and shops and hospitals and of course, rescue us when our poorly planned venture goes under (literally)."

Remember - it was less than a year ago that the Phoenix capsized off the coast of Phuket with 46 dead and 3 missing (and I presume by now also considered to be dead). Probably not going to have another tsunami in the foreseeable future - but then again it could happen at any time.

An elderly American and thai woman attempting to avoid many in pursuit of an non threatening outcast life are a serious threat to Thailand.  Didn't take much did.  No wonder I'm migration hunts foreigners mercilessly to the ends of the earth or (thai international waters), making sure they're not on over stay, 90 day report, require redundant detailed maps to our place of location, etc.  

All we "good guys" many senior citizens ONLY seek a peaceful, loving coexistence with our Thai family(s).  Provide for them, support the economy and local village.  Who are the paranoid xenophobes now??? hmmm....

Yea, I wouldn't want to be out there on that tiny little platform sitting a couple of meters above sea level during a storm.

I think even 3 meter swells would completely destroy it and good luck hopping into that little dingy trying to make it to shore. 

If I didn't see their pics, I would have imagined them to be dirty hippy types... who else would even consider such nonsense?

I wouldn't say Id  be living the dream in a shed on a pole  in the middle of  the ocean.  Bitcoin millionaire maybe but not to bright when it comes to the  ins and outs of Thailand. 

If I did this of the coast of Australia  I be in  the same shit he is now. 

Buy a 40  foot cruiser and leave it in international waters way better if you want to live the sea life. And when the shit hits the fan move off the coast to the next 3rd world country. 

And I'm sure the Thai navy won't knock the sea stead down they will  use as a look out for the next dodgy farang approaching. To cause harm to the kingdom. 

Maybe it could be Big Jokes next posting 

8 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Thailand has many benefits for early seasteads including low prices, perfect sea conditions (low waves, no hurricanes/typhoons) and a country that thrives on tourism while leaving most businesses alone

They didn't do their homework , Thailand does not want foreigners with creative ideas, I think they need to update their website. 

Maybe relocate to the North or South Pole. 

2 hours ago, ttrd said:

We should not be surprised  if they saw this coming and therefore are hiding in the one and only leg of the sea-sted where there is no requirement for visa nor reporting - :thumbsup:

I am sure when you enter that one-pegged sea-sted, you have to report and ask for permission of entry.

For the Foreigner on the run.

The Consulate of the Republic of Ecuador is in Bangkok,

Soi Ruammitr Kwang Chong Nongsi near the Rama 3 road

Try shelter here, it gave another bloke a hideout place for years

5 hours ago, farcanell said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Hutt_River

an increase in tourism...... prince Lenard of Hutt actually declared war on Australia, which lasted a few days, before he called for a cessation of hostilities.

anyway, old prince Lenard abdicated a couple of years back, in favor of his son, prince Graeme.... the current ruler of Hutt.

Sadly Prince Lenny passed away recently. 

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yes. Off the coast of Suffolk/Essex UK. They may have even used it as a Pirate Radio station at one time I think??

Aren't they structures built during WW2 for defence/early warning purposes? 

Maunsell forts I think they were called.  Built off Felixstowe. 

imagine what will the US Navy will do if they see it on their radar

Navy Captain: Unidentified vessel, please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Civilian: Recommend YOU divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Navy Captain: This is the Captain of a United States Navy ship.  I repeat, divert your course 0.5 degrees to the South.  NOW.

Civilian: No.  I say again.  YOU divert your course 15 degrees to the South.

Navy Captain: This is the USS Abraham Lincoln.  I am the Commanding Officer of a fighting warship of the U.S. Navy.  Divert your course now or I will be forced to take active countermeasures to protect my ship.

Civilian: Okay, Captain.  I am a seastead keeper.  This is a seatead.  Your call.

7 hours ago, donim said:

In international law, there are two common theories about what makes a state "real". These theories are called are the "constitutive" and the "declaratory" theories of state creation. The constitutive theory says that a state exists if other states recognize it, but people disagree whether this means "diplomatic recognition" or just "recognition of existence".

Check Sealand on the web. This was done before, it's an micronation on a old oil platform 12 kilometers from the shore.

Back then when the international waters there started at 3 nautical miles, the government changed later that line to 12 nautical miles.

There is also the Gunnery Theory of international law which states that those with the most firepower - make the rules.  Might Makes Right

8 hours ago, connda said:

So what Thailand has said is that the 12 nautical mile boundary between their sovereign state and international waters is actually not a boundary at all and that in fact the country owns any international waters it chooses to claim beyond that limit, i.e., might makes right.

It is within the Contiguous Zone of Thailand:

"within which a state can exert limited control for the purpose of preventing or punishing "infringement of its customs, fiscal, immigration or sanitary laws and regulations within its territory or territorial sea"

Claimed by Thailand in 1995 and recognised by law.

Contiguous zone | international law | Britannica.com

USA has also claimed (and had recognised) a Contiguous Zone.

Both countries CZs reach out 24nm.

Thailand, unsurprisingly, is choosing to "interpret" the law as it sees fit.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, ballpoint said:

It seems that people will rush to the defense of every loonie and crackpot who comes up against Thai law.  Try building a structure 12 miles off the coast of your own country, yet alone a foreign one, declare it an independent state, and see what happens.  

Like Sealand ?

Archived