Sea-home pioneer’s visa cancelled

snoop1130

14 hours ago, balo said:

They didn't do their homework , Thailand does not want foreigners with creative ideas, I think they need to update their website. 

Maybe relocate to the North or South Pole. 

Warning! do not ever hire a house boat in LOS.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

A link to some of the terminology that might be used in this case...

https://www.indexmundi.com/thailand/maritime_claims.html

I can see TH saying these guys are exploiting in their EEZ.

exclusive economic zone (EEZ) - the UNCLOS (Part V) defines the EEZ as a zone beyond and adjacent to the territorial sea in which a coastal state has: sovereign rights for the purpose of exploring and exploiting, conserving and managing the natural resources, whether living or non-living, of the waters superjacent to the seabed and of the seabed and its subsoil, and with regard to other activities for the economic exploitation and exploration of the zone, such as the production of energy from the water, currents, and winds; jurisdiction with regard to the establishment and use of artificial islands, installations, and structures; marine scientific research; the protection and preservation of the marine environment; the outer limit of the exclusive economic zone shall not exceed 200 nautical miles from the baselines from which the breadth of the territorial sea is measured. 

As I recall, many years ago, there was a family living on a similar

offshore home close to or in the channel between Britain and France,

and as I can remember, they never had a problem with any authority.

As I said, long time ago, so I don`t know if it`s still there or not.

But being outside on international waters, without any hazard to the

normal routes that ships take, and also registered and got on a

naval chart (as it is today, the maps are digital, most ships don`t use paper

charts any more, they still have them onboard, but only use if sattelite maps

and connections get out, i.e. a backup, so to speak, and the paper maps

still get updated. I know, since I`ve been sailing for so many years).

I don`t see him doing anything wrong if he`s on international waters.

Still, he must report so as to his home is in the charts. 

I wish him good luck!  Not everybody wants to live in a Soi, with

barking dogs and the endless music from mega speakers!!

Cheers!!

On 4/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, ballpoint said:

It seems that people will rush to the defense of every loonie and crackpot who comes up against Thai law.  Try building a structure 12 miles off the coast of your own country, yet alone a foreign one, declare it an independent state, and see what happens.  

That's how the pirate radio stations of the 60's and 70's operated.

Removing that "structure" isn't going to be cheap or easy, I would guess that it is "driven" into the seabed, when it is removed it should be cut five feet below the sea bed to prevent nets getting hung up. Wonder who will pay? :wink:

The “structure” is a SPAR (Single Point Anchor Reservoir) design. A floating anchored structure. It can simply be towed away.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, ballpoint said:

It seems that people will rush to the defense of every loonie and crackpot who comes up against Thai law.  Try building a structure 12 miles off the coast of your own country, yet alone a foreign one, declare it an independent state, and see what happens.  

HM fort Roughs was an abandoned WW2 anti aircraft platform built off the coast of England. Occupied since 1967 by a family who declared it an independent country.

Archived