Telling a barber 'leave one inch'

Hal65

I can tell the barber 3 on the sides but not 8 on top, they only usually go up to 4 blades on their clippers. When I tell them "leave one inch" and show one inch using my thumb and index finger, I still get 2 inches, .75 inches depending on the day.

Not terrible but just curious if there's a better way to communicate this. I thought about "two point five centimet" but i'm not sure if that's any more clear, or more confusing.

5 hours ago, mania said:

Tell them 2-3 centimeter

They have no idea of "inch" & your finger will soon be forgotten

Inch in Thai is a "newt"...sounds like that anyway. Sure, Thai people know what an inch measurement is?

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems so trivial and ridiculous really.

Just shave it all like I do. TG's actually like a clean bald look..

I have long hair, and never had a problem attracting Thai girls.

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I guess I’m lucky in this respect I just ask for a number 2 and that’s what I get on the sides, the top stays as it has for the last few years...........shiny !!

"Song kup" works for me too ????  ????

180419_174749.jpg

Buy some clippers and do it yourself. I havent had a hair cut 40years. Sure theres nothing on top anymore but you can cut everything else with em! I actually use pet clippers. Normal rubbish dont last and need sharpening almost instantly.

1" index and thumb together? Got me puzzled. All over 1" but my thyimb is 3mm short of an inch. I have learnt somethig today... Now time to get a hobby!!

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Buy a hair clipper with spacers and get the GF/ wife to do it. 

That's what I do. Saves me Thb 80 every 4 weeks. Drives a mate of mine crazy when I tell him I sleep with my barber to boot. 555

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Burr nung is clipper one. Burr song is clipper #2. and so on.

Thanks for that, so, I can say burr sam, how do I say all over ? ???? Yep I'm one of the lucky ones who at nearly 66 still have a full head of hair ????

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Yeah. That's what I've used all my life, male barbers, always thought of females barbers as hairdressers.

No. I don't want male barbers close to me, I have my reasons. give me a pretty girl hairdresser anytime.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:
10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Seems so trivial and ridiculous really.

Just shave it all like I do. TG's actually like a clean bald look..

I have long hair, and never had a problem attracting Thai girls.

true, its that big bulge in the front pocket that draws them in like flies

13 hours ago, Hal65 said:

if there's a better way to communicate this

No matter what your communication technic is they still do what they think is good for you.

I decided to cut my own hair long ago. DIY and what ever the result is, it is by you. ????

Archived