Pattaya versus Sihanoukeville

Destiny1990

39 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

For someone who has not been there for 10 years and asked for input, you sure are spending a lot of time on here defending the false virtues of Shville....

I got nothing against Pattaya and or Thailand in contrary however since Visa procedures are becoming an obstacle are u okey that we discuss other destinations as a substitute in these treads?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

But, the ultimate one I always love is the 50 c beers.  It is hilarious to me how many small mind people when asked about a reason to go to PP is: 50 c beers! Wow, I am jumping on a plane now.

If you drink 10-15 beers a night, it makes a significant difference to your cost of living (and your value as a customer).

My six pals and I would have a $30 bill at nearly every bar we entered.

One bar right on the river, the waiter said, "no happy hour during the holidays, beer is $1.50 today", as we all got up to leave the manager rushed over and said, "no, no, special new year happy hour for your table".

As for the more private bars, $1.50 for a beer, and $3.50 for a 'spinner' in her 20s on your lap.

I don't play golf, so don't care about it, you don't drink much beer so don't care about the price.

I probably enjoy my 5Km morning river walk as much as you enjoy your golf.

People are different and have different priorities in life, I don't criticise you for your golfing addiction, enjoy.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you drink 10-15 beers a night, it makes a significant difference to your cost of living (and your value as a customer).

One bar right on the river, the waiter said, "no happy hour during the holidays, beer is $1.50 today", as we all got up to leave the manager rushed over and said, "no, no, special new year happy hour for your table".

As for the more private bars, $1.50 for a beer, and $3.50 for a 'spinner' in her 20s on your lap.

I don't play golf, so don't care about it, you don't drink much beer so don't care about the price.

People are different and have different priorities in life, I don't criticise you for your golfing addiction, enjoy.

if priority is weed, Cambodia is clearly better !

4 hours ago, myshem said:

if priority is weed, Cambodia is clearly better !

Especially if supported by a Pizza...Happy Days Daze ????

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Has nothing to do with your walk. As I asked you: what you do then?

Has to do with the bore of the place.

At least golf fills days with an activity.

There is nothing to do in PP unless like you say, one are into 50c beers.

But, if that ones lifestyle justifying a trip there to drink as many 50c beers as possible, good luck....

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

But, if that ones lifestyle justifying a trip there to drink as many 50c beers as possible, good luck....

Ridiculous, golfing has no inherent value, it's not even much exercise, unless you're a fatty that does nothing else at all (and a lot of them use golf carts). Walking fills the day as easily as golfing, and it isn't wasting as much money or destroying as much of the local environment. And no need for me to wear clown trousers and a tank top.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ridiculous, golfing has no inherent value, it's not even much exercise, unless you're a fatty that does nothing else at all (and a lot of them use golf carts). Walking fills the day as easily as golfing, and it isn't wasting as much money or destroying as much of the local environment. And no need for me to wear clown trousers and a tank top.

Haha.

Can't afford it?

Why don't you answer  the real question? 

What do ypu do all day in PP after your one hour walk??

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Haha.

Can't afford it?

Why don't you answer  the real question? 

What do ypu do all day in PP after your one hour walk??

Sit by the pool, swim, read a book, listen to music, watch tv, post on the internet, drink beer, eat food, feel up hookers ........

What go you do after you golf game? 19th hole?

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So in the mornings u walk outside of that indian pimp palace condo the The Base and get on ur motorcycle with ur golf bags, clubs trough traffic?

Why u not in Hua Hin where all golfers stay? Your the one always mention alcohol prices why so? I couldn’t careless about it.

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

So in the mornings u walk outside of that indian pimp palace condo the The Base and get on ur motorcycle with ur golf bags, clubs trough traffic?

Why u not in Hua Hin where all golfers stay? Your the one always mention alcohol prices why so? I couldn’t careless about it.

HAHAHA.

I moved from The Base a while ago, but nice try.

If you knew anything about golf, HH is not the place to be.

If you have paid attention and read some of the reports the 50c beers are a huge draw for many.

Not my thing either I could care less, but many use it as a reason why they love Cambo so much.

So, you have had a lot of input now why don't you go there and tell us about the place.

Looking forward to your glaring report on how wonderful it is.....

Thanks so much and good luck on your trip.  

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Ridiculous, golfing has no inherent value,

If you can't afford it, maybe you could caddy.  You would get exercise and make a bit of pocket change to help fund those 15 beers per day you drink, although I believe that is not a very healthy habit!

1 minute ago, grifbel said:

If you can't afford it, maybe you could caddy.  You would get exercise and make a bit of pocket change to help fund those 15 beers per day you drink, although I believe that is not a very healthy habit!

I wouldn't be very popular at the 19th though.

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

what is the downside of package tourists ?

On a personal level? Numbers.

These folks, the Chinese especially, get herded about by the bus loads so your morning kip on the beach, quite cup of coffee, spot of lunch or anything else you care to enjoy can be completely ruined by one or two bus loads of these charming folks turning up and completely dominating especially in the vocal range.

Don't get me wrong they have paid to be there same as I have but for me I'm happy to leave places such as Nha Trang to them and seek out other cities where they don't dominate such as Quy Nhon 5 hours north by train. Lovely spot providing you don't mind kids coming up and practising their English on you. Personally I love it and try and pick up a couple of local words from them in exchange. Happy days.

9 hours ago, Mahseer said:

On a personal level? Numbers.

These folks, the Chinese especially, get herded about by the bus loads so your morning kip on the beach, quite cup of coffee, spot of lunch or anything else you care to enjoy can be completely ruined by one or two bus loads of these charming folks turning up and completely dominating especially in the vocal range.

Don't get me wrong they have paid to be there same as I have but for me I'm happy to leave places such as Nha Trang to them and seek out other cities where they don't dominate such as Quy Nhon 5 hours north by train. Lovely spot providing you don't mind kids coming up and practising their English on you. Personally I love it and try and pick up a couple of local words from them in exchange. Happy days.

i'd love to check vietnam out if my body allowed it

6 minutes ago, thaitero said:

The webpage which is not allowed here tells that airasia starts don mueang - Sihanoukeville connection from july..

Maby it is time to go and check how it is changed..

We should send some guys over for one of these good old fashioned field report trips perhaps a combo for Sihanoukeville and Kampot?

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

We should send some guys over for one of these good old fashioned field report trips perhaps a combo for Sihanoukeville and Kampot?

Combo of Kampot and Kep will yield better results. Guaranteed.

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Lets send a neutral guy from here doing the field trip.

A well respected person by both sides.

Would u know anyone  fitting that requirement?

I vote for you.

We have been queuing up telling you what a dump Sihanoukville has become and you're not convinced so make the trip and include the other 2 places and let's see what you have to say.

When you off?

51 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Combo of Kampot and Kep will yield better results. Guaranteed.

I agree,

I've done Siam Reap (January) and Phnom Penh (April) and enjoyed both.

My pals have done Siam Reap, Phnom Penh, Sinoukville and Kep this year .... enjoyed all except SV.

Said all of SV was a big dusty, dirty noisy building site at the moment and nowhere to stay, I trust what they say.

30 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

I vote for you.

We have been queuing up telling you what a dump Sihanoukville has become and you're not convinced so make the trip and include the other 2 places and let's see what you have to say.

When you off?

In a way i feel flattered with ur trust in my judgement skills????.

Honestly I anxious to go back myself to find out if Snouky has been really destroyed as mosts guys are saying  here or that that mostly was fake news.

I good to go but i need additional time as i need finish something first here.

for time being aren’t there any recent vlogs about Snouky Kampot?

On 4/22/2019 at 10:52 PM, Destiny1990 said:

That's pretty much what I have done in the Cambodia Forum, a field report on Sihanoukville.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to also get to Kampot.

Here's the link. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1061509-revisiting-sihanoukville/

On 4/23/2019 at 12:00 AM, Destiny1990 said:

In a way i feel flattered with ur trust in my judgement skills????.

Honestly I anxious to go back myself to find out if Snouky has been really destroyed as mosts guys are saying  here or that that mostly was fake news.

I good to go but i need additional time as i need finish something first here.

for time being aren’t there any recent vlogs about Snouky Kampot?

I posted a lot of photos in my thread in the Cambodia Forum.

If you don't believe my words, take a look at the photos. 

6 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I posted a lot of photos in my thread in the Cambodia Forum.

If you don't believe my words, take a look at the photos. 

Thanks meanwhile i am starting to think that Danang Vietnam might be a better option for me all together.

Have u been there?

We should do a thread Pattaya versus Danang the pros and the cons perhaps moderators can post it?

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thanks meanwhile i am starting to think that Danang Vietnam might be a better option for me all together.

Have u been there?

We should do a thread Pattaya versus Danang the pros and the cons perhaps moderators can post it?

Start one :smile:

Archived