Outraged netizens spark police hunt - but "girl" in the see-thru turns out to be a "mister"

webfact

Outraged netizens spark police hunt - but "girl" in the see-thru turns out to be a "mister"

4pm.jpg

Caption: MR Fin is charged

Thai netizens were outraged in no small measure when a woman posted pictures of herself in a see-thru top at Songkran celebrations in Buriram in Thailand's north-east.

The pictures clearly showed the woman's breasts and offended public decency, said many online.

Or at least they thought it was a woman. 

To make matters worse the pictures were accompanied with the following: "Just had a water fight. Lets go and.......together". 

17-04-19-16.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Whether the missing word was ever there or whether Sanook removed it because of a high sense of Thai decorum was unclear, Thaivisa notes.

Buriram's Muang district constabulary swung into action and traced the poster to Plabplachai District.

The woman at the center of the controversy turned out to be a Mr Panupong, a lady boy. 

He goes by the name of Nong Fin and is 19 years old. 

Pol Col Torsak Sriserm slapped him with a 5,000 baht fine for offending public decency.

Nong Fin said he was just taking pictures for an app. He didn't think it would end up being such a big deal. 

But he wai-ed and apologized to the whole country all the same. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-18

These days 'Outraged Netizens' means....  One local official has noticed the post, no one else cares....

I think LB's got charged 500B for flashing their norks a few Songkrans ago...  The Netizens then were outraged at whether a topless man is actually legally an offense under Public Indecency laws.... 

30 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

These days 'Outraged Netizens' means....  One local official has noticed the post, no one else cares....

I think LB's got charged 500B for flashing their norks a few Songkrans ago...  The Netizens then were outraged at whether a topless man is actually legally an offense under Public Indecency laws.... 

5000 Bath = 170 Dollars

Not 500 Bath

9 minutes ago, Razek said:
41 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

5000 Bath = 170 Dollars

Not 500 Bath

Dontchya just love correcting people and still being wrong??

I don't care how many showers or baths they had...  They were charged 500 Baht

[Quoted from the original Article Pasted in below]

Both suspects have been charged with indecent exposure and set to be fined at 5,000 baht for their offence. However, the police agreed to decrease their fines to 500 baht per person.

Oh... And change your money exchanger... You are getting a crappy exchange rate for your $170 !!! :giggle:

image.png

Back in the 70s there were serious wet T-Shirts and no Bras during Songkran and no one complained... I guess the "where is my closet to hide and cry in" was not available for the netcitizens who did the complaining on line this time ?

The country was freer and certainly poorer back then but everyone had fun when they could and there was a feeling most had a chance at upward mobility.. Maybe I just was in the wrong crowd...?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The law here has obviously gone tits up.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I see many topless fat male farangs about pattaya with at least a C cup 

Yes true these fat farangs males should be fined 500 bht also and or to be forced wearing a bra. Its very provocative what they are doing and disrespectful.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure in the past the police ignored topless photos of ladyboy's tits as it wasn't a female.

In this case the law is being applied subjectively. It's what the police do best.

Fake boobs = fake news these days... the new regime say's you're done !!

4 hours ago, Razek said:

5000 Bath = 170 Dollars

Not 500 Bath

The Thai currency is the baht!  Thai nouns do not have plurals so it is 5,000 baht. Not 'bahts' as some would have it.

According to my dictionary a 'bath' is 'a washing or immersion of something, especially the body, in water, steam, etc., as for cleansing'.

Sentencing a lady boy to 500 baths may or may not be a harsh punishment depending on your point of view.

33 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Sentencing a lady boy to 500 baths may or may not be a harsh punishment depending on your point of view.

I think they should fine ladyboys 5000 thb for exposing their fake boobs and award the same amount to real ladies for exposing the real thing....

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes true these fat farangs males should be fined 500 bht also and or to be forced wearing a bra. Its very provocative what they are doing and disrespectful.

Provocative to who? Disrespectful? Agreed.

4 hours ago, 727Sky said:

The country was freer and certainly poorer back then but everyone had fun when they could and there was a feeling most had a chance at upward mobility.. Maybe I just was in the wrong crowd...?

Before the interweb and soap operas, people didn't even know what they didn't have.

Archived