Unbelievable! Intl bank transfer arrives here after just 5½ hours

Mind you having done a dummy transfer they are highly competative

Transferwise live rate 41.51 Sterling but with fees

Xend live rate is 41.30 with no fees

TW on £1000 bottom line is 41.238

Xend pay on £1000 bottom line 41.319

Edited no something is not right. Xendpay is claiming "pay what you want" as regards fees. Needs more investigation how has the OP got it free or maybe first transfer is ??

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Edited no something is not right. Xendpay is claiming "pay what you want" as regards fees. Needs more investigation how has the OP got it free or maybe first transfer is ??

You get one "pay what you want" (i.e. free if you so choose) transfer for up to 1kGBP per year.. If you try to transfer more than 1k, the rate they offer you drops to compensate.

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

That's what I have asked to the OP, but he didn't answer

from my experience, Xendpay with no fee is better, but if there is a fee, Transferwise in better 

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

I can beat all those times. I can transfer $10,000 from Australia to Thailand ..

and I can have it in 5 minutes.  True .....

Same here. Up to $20k in less than five mins using Swift to an SCB account.

1 hour ago, trd said:
2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:
Bitcoin in 10 minutes , Globally
For a few cents
Embrace the future

No thanks. I don't want to embrace that kind of volatility. Nosedive in 5 minutes.

Volatility goes in both directions.....????

8 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Bitcoin in 10 minutes , Globally

For a few cents

Embrace the future

Normally takes 30 minutes to transfer the BTC, or at least get them confirmed so you can sell, but in principle I agree. 

But unfortunately not acceptable to Immigration.... (yet..?)

2 hours ago, steve73 said:

Normally takes 30 minutes to transfer the BTC, or at least get them confirmed so you can sell, but in principle I agree. 

But unfortunately not acceptable to Immigration.... (yet..?)

Thai immigration are not exactly at the forefront of anything, and that's saying it politely ????

At least 5 States in USA are already accepting bitcoin to pay your taxes and in Japan , South Korea, Switzerland and European countries it can be used to pay utility bills, bus and train tickets and general goods and services

Singapore and Vietnam will move faster than Thais who generally like to keep their heads in the sand 

19 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Thai immigration are not exactly at the forefront of anything, and that's saying it politely ????

At least 5 States in USA are already accepting bitcoin to pay your taxes and in Japan , South Korea, Switzerland and European countries it can be used to pay utility bills, bus and train tickets and general goods and services

Singapore and Vietnam will move faster than Thais who generally like to keep their heads in the sand 

Who do you use (or recommend) for selling BTC in Thailand?  I have used localbitcoins in the past, but they can be a bit costly. 

Also, have you been able to sell any other alt-coins here, since BTC movements can get a pricy when they're trading in large numbers... I've used LTC or XRP previously when moving cash around, but not found anyone in T/L that accept them. 

2 hours ago, steve73 said:

Who do you use (or recommend) for selling BTC in Thailand?  I have used localbitcoins in the past, but they can be a bit costly. 

Also, have you been able to sell any other alt-coins here, since BTC movements can get a pricy when they're trading in large numbers... I've used LTC or XRP previously when moving cash around, but not found anyone in T/L that accept them. 

Bx.in.th seem to be the best,biggest and in the game for a long time but there are many smaller ones now I haven't used yet

They support Loads of coins tho

If you want 4 second transfers you can use xrp or xlm etc but I don't mind using bitcoin because Its more widely accepted

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Bx.in.th seem to be the best,biggest and in the game for a long time but there are many smaller ones now I haven't used yet

They support Loads of coins tho

If you want 4 second transfers you can use xrp or xlm etc but I don't mind using bitcoin because Its more widely accepted

Thanks - I've just run some comparisons for using Coinbase-pro to buy with GBP (0.15% buy fee) and then Bx.in.th to sell (0.25% sell fee + 20THB to withdraw) against Transferwise..... and TW still wins out (at least at today's relative prices), but only just.. although obviously it takes a little longer and you also get the benefit of an international coding.

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

Thanks - I've just run some comparisons for using Coinbase-pro to buy with GBP (0.15% buy fee) and then Bx.in.th to sell (0.25% sell fee + 20THB to withdraw) against Transferwise..... and TW still wins out (at least at today's relative prices), but only just.. although obviously it takes a little longer and you also get the benefit of an international coding.

It still dependent on the amount

160 million dollars was moved on the btc chain for a few cents months ago

Moving the same amount through the would have cost ~$35k for the fee

22 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

It still dependent on the amount

160 million dollars was moved on the btc chain for a few cents months ago

Moving the same amount through the would have cost ~$35k for the fee

It's not just the moving the bitcoin though (which is currently free for me)..  There is a cost of buying the BTC from GBP and of selling it again to THB (0.4% total), and it seems at the moment the (price in THB)/(price in GBP), is a little less than the mid-market rate that TW uses (less its 0.52% fee) at 41.254 vs 41.375.  The "after cost" THB that I would have received from 1000GBP was 41,070 using BTC vs. 41,093 with TW.  Also the selling price could move against you while the Bitcoins are "in transit". (Of course, it could also move in your favour.). 

Archived