Udon: Thai wife claims she kicked her husband to death after he bottled her

webfact

Udon: Thai wife claims she kicked her husband to death after he bottled her

9pm.jpg

Caption: She kicked her husband to death

A Thai wife in Udon Thani told police that she kicked her husband to death after he smashed her in the face with a bottle of white spirits at a Songkran drinking session. 

However, police found a bloodstained club and a blood splattered rock at the scene. 

Nam Soam police were called to the village of Ban Tha Soam at 9.30 am on Wednesday morning. 

There they found 45 year old Chumpae Sonaya lying dead beside a house. He had facial wounds, cuts by his ear, a fractured skull, lacerations to his body and blood coming from his mouth. 

He had been dead at least one hour.

Nearby was a bloodstained one meter long wooden club, a bloodstained rock and many smashed bottles of Lao Khao (white spirit alcohol). 

The person responsible was his wife Areewan Lapbanjop who was soon found hiding elsewhere in the village. 

She had facial injuries and gave the following explanation to the constabulary:

She had been married to Chumpae for many years. He worked in Bangkok while she lived in the village with his mother. They had no children from this union. 

screenshot_9069.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

He always came home for Songkran and this year was no exception. He brought with him bottles of Lao Khao which always led to arguments and domestic violence. His mother got so fed up that she chased her out of the house and she went to stay with friends nearby. 

On Tuesday Chumpae showed up at the friends' house and they started drinking with the other two owners of the property. 

It was very late on Tuesday when the alcohol was finished and her husband was paralytic. He ordered her to get some more alcohol and she refused which prompted a great argument. 

He attacked her with a bottle to the face, she said. She was not taking this lying down so she started kicking him until he fell to the ground in some grass by the house. She then proceeded to kick him until he was still and left him there by the house and went to bed, she claimed. 

At daybreak she said that she took him a blanket and covered him to ward off the early morning chill - she didn't know that he was dead. At 8am she went to see if he wanted some breakfast and there was no response. 

Police said while it was reasonable for the wife to defend herself and give her husband a good kicking this did not explain the bloodstained club and bloodstained rock never mind the large number of smashed Lao Khao bottles in the vicinity. 

Consequently Areewan has been charged with assault causing death. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-18

6 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Alcohol should be banned as heroine is.. Too many crazy things happen because of it... 

Nonsense.. The major part of all behave or getting funny when drunk, there are always some Morons between.

There are more that turning mad as soon they are driving a car even sober.

Shouldn't cars not being banned the in first place?

At least I see more Road rages than Bum Fights.. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

She was not taking this lying down so she started kicking him until he fell to the ground in some grass by the house. She then proceeded to kick him until he was still and left him there by the house and went to bed, she claimed

Kicking him with a club and a rock,that's a hell of a good kicking.

regards worgeordie

17 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Alcohol should be banned as heroine is.. Too many crazy things happen because of it... 

Nothing wrong with having a drink and enjoying others company .....  it's the idiots who cannot hold their booze that's the problem ....

What your saying is because some are idiots then all must suffer. 

That's wrong imo.

"Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage"!!!!!

Maybe she was still a bit under-the-influence and forgot to mention the bloddstained club & rock?

What I don't understand is the police said they found him lying dead in front of the house, so why is there a pic of a "barn" in the post?

2 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

"after he bottled her"

That's a funny way of putting it, I had it pictured differently (prior to reading the story).  

Yeah, I think English is probably the only language where 'bottle' can also be a verb.

3 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

"after he bottled her"

That's a funny way of putting it, I had it pictured differently (prior to reading the story).  

Funny, but don't think the others quite get it. 

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Except illegal drugs, users and addicts. They deserve a ticket to the Philippines.

Just because some law makers made bad decisions in the past (probably due to being addicted themselves to booze) does not absolve alcohol. In fact it does more harm to people and society than all the other drugs do combined. And eventually that animal duerte will pay his dues, they all do in time..

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

"Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage"!!!!!

Maybe she was still a bit under-the-influence and forgot to mention the bloddstained club & rock?

What I don't understand is the police said they found him lying dead in front of the house, so why is there a pic of a "barn" in the post?

Because the "barn" is their Thai house.:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

Just because some law makers made bad decisions in the past (probably due to being addicted themselves to booze) does not absolve alcohol. In fact it does more harm to people and society than all the other drugs do combined. And eventually that animal duerte will pay his dues, they all do in time..

The law is the law .... drug addicts are scum imo. Society does not welcome drug users, addicts or pushers.

Society does except folks who enjoy a beer with friends.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

The law is the law .... drug addicts are scum imo. Society does not welcome drug users, addicts or pushers.

Society does except folks who enjoy a beer with friends.

not anymore, laws are changing in many places and more people are realizing that there are a lot healthier and safer drugs out there than ethyl alcohol..

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

not anymore, laws are changing in many places and more people are realizing that there are a lot healthier and safer drugs out there than ethyl alcohol..

Anyway,  seems like they had a hell of a party  !  good thing we weren't invited by the looks  !! hahha

I challenge anyone to show me an article where a pothead did something like this under the influence of the evil (and illegal) weed...

Time to give the people a legal, mellower alternative to booze...

And no, I don't smoke weed and haven't had a drink since the '80s.

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Heroines have been banned.  Omg!  No more Black Widow!

index.jpg

23 hours ago, impulse said:

I challenge anyone to show me an article where a pothead did something like this under the influence of the evil (and illegal) weed...

Time to give the people a legal, mellower alternative to booze...

And no, I don't smoke weed and haven't had a drink since the '80s.

I agree but just think about the loss of revenue for the hospitals, BIB, lawyers, judges, court systems, prison system etc...

They can't allow ANY loss of revenue, and will only allow such things that will increase revenue.  Pot heads usually just stay home and veg out on the couch or something similar.  They don't go out and get into all kinds of trouble like the booze heads do.

Archived