BANGKOK 23 May 2019 18:24

A good beginning for a starter sportsbike rider. 

It looks a very nice bike , but shouldnt be called a CBR "RR". This bike is a few cylinders short , to be given that moniker. As with many Hondas lately , i would want to wait a year or so , to see what quality issues surface later on. Who / where is this engine / bike made.  In India , by Hero or TWS , or China , or Thailand. Its a great looking bike , but the Kawasaki 250 starts at 122K , and the 300 at 154K. This bike needs to be much cheaper than the Yamaha 300 , that has more power , and a lot more torque. Priced about 160K would be good.

Posted (edited)

https://paultan.org/2019/03/27/2019-honda-cbr250rr-now-in-thailand-at-rm32000/

While Malaysian quarter-litre motorcycle riders are still waiting for the 2019 Honda CBR250RR, neighbours Thailand has had their wait ended with the launch of Honda’s 250 cc sports bike. What is not so nice is the price – 249,000 Thai baht (RM32,000), which places the CBR250RR amongst 400 cc competition.

The reason for the premium pricing is because Thailand’s CBR250RR is sourced directly from Japan, compared to it being obtained from Indonesia. This makes the CBR250RR more expensive than the single-cylinder 286 cc Honda CBR300, which is also sold in the Thailand market.

------------------------------------------

The price in Indonesia is more like 160,000 to 180,000 Baht.

Edited by Damrongsak

Nice looking.

Probably nice riding, for what it is.

a joke of a price. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Nice looking.

Probably nice riding, for what it is.

a joke of a price. 

I think the price is out of whack due to this bike being one of the few that are actually being made by Honda Japan , and is subject to some import tax. I wonder if Thailand could just import them from Indonesia , bringing the price down to about 160K. Dont forget the Yamaha R3 is only 180K , and has much more power , and the Yamaha build quality. At this price , its like the 24 BHP CRF 450  -  dead in the water.

• Like 1

Ah !! .  Thank you eisfeld , i didnt know that. Completely agree with you. Would you want to get this bike "serviced" at a mom & pop shop.

.. the CBR 300 R  is still going along...

• Like 1

I don't really like the look of it but even if I did, as Eisfeld said why pay that much for a 250 when you could get a Ninja 400, CBR500, R3 etc. for a lot less? A strange release from Honda.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

'includes three different riding modes – Comfort, Sport, and Sport+ -, besides delivering an exhilarating performance using a powerful twin-cylinder engine.'....

LOL....<deleted>, what a joke ... 3 power modes for a poxy 250 twin.... rewind to circa 1990 when honda were building 250 IL4s light years ahead on performance/handling/looks 😑😉

"3 power modes"  Nil, Nada and Zilch.

Price is insane, considering:

CB500X - 222k

Wave 500 - 220k (a four-pack of 125i Waves)

Ninja 400 - 205k

Versys X 300 - 199k

YZF-R3 - 195k

Z400 - 186k

MT 03 - 180k

• Like 1

9 hours ago, William Osborne said:

LOL....<deleted>, what a joke ... 3 power modes for a poxy 250 twin.... rewind to circa 1990 when honda were building 250 IL4s light years ahead on performance/handling/looks 😑😉

I still see a couple of those knocking about my town. Both are, sadly, unregistered otherwise I might be tempted to ask about buying and get myself a restoration project. I had a CBR400RR in UK and it was a lovely bike - I'd guess the 250 is similar in character.

^ I was offered one for 35k baht in 2008. Unfortunately unregistered. 

11 years later it's probably worth 50k baht and is chock full of half-assed incompetent Thai maintenance. 

Those small cc inline 4's were built to rev. 

Combine 20+ years of being revved to the redline + Thai maintenance. No thanks. You'd really want to know what your doing and have an easy supply of legit parts.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

You'd really want to know what your doing and have an easy supply of legit parts.  

Like the guy on Koh Samui who has at least two.